i can be used to tie a knot

yet i am of no substance

i am often broken

yet people still use me everyday

the opposite to me

is something often argued

i can be changed

to suit a hearts desire

this is my first riddle that i have wrote!

so if it makes not much sense you know why!

there is one more line but it gives it away so if you guys are stuck ill give it to you later!

23 answers to this question

eh...

marriage? Cause it bonds people, it can be broken, it isn't of substance, people have weddings every day, divorce is always argued, and marriage can be changed if the two parties aren't satisfied.

eh...

marriage? Cause it bonds people, it can be broken, it isn't of substance, people have weddings every day, divorce is always argued, and marriage can be changed if the two parties aren't satisfied.

closer... just... different...

God?
:o

You said "I can be used to tie a knot" not "I can be tied in a knot."

God can be used to tie a knot, meaning marriage. "Tie the knot" is a popular way of saying you will get married.

God can be broken by lack of faith in him. If you don't believe in god, he doesn't exist to you.

:)

You said "I can be used to tie a knot" not "I can be tied in a knot."

God can be used to tie a knot, meaning marriage. "Tie the knot" is a popular way of saying you will get married.

God can be broken by lack of faith in him. If you don't believe in god, he doesn't exist to you.

:)

Hi RedRum, Bottom line is it's not the answer required - it's not unusual for more than one to fit...

It's also okay to explain your answer - I understood your answer before your reasoning (god, zero and a few other standard answers fir a lot of riddles or are used a lot to answer as a guess)

Anyway i am no VP or moderator - just pointing out we need to fin another answer, rether than beat the OP into submission (that's a note to all - it's in the sticky)

Hi RedRum, Bottom line is it's not the answer required - it's not unusual for more than one to fit...

It's also okay to explain your answer - I understood your answer before your reasoning (god, zero and a few other standard answers fir a lot of riddles or are used a lot to answer as a guess)

Anyway i am no VP or moderator - just pointing out we need to fin another answer, rether than beat the OP into submission (that's a note to all - it's in the sticky)

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify why I answered "God" to the questions. Not nessisarily persuade the OP to accept my answer.

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify why I answered "God" to the questions. Not nessisarily persuade the OP to accept my answer.

:D dont worry everyone im not being persuaded to give away the answer!

but i will give a hint

the answer is something said...

i can be used to tie a knot

yet i am of no substance

i am often broken

yet people still use me everyday

the opposite to me

is something often argued

i can be changed

to suit a hearts desire

prenuptial agreement

Marriage Vows

woah i wake up and log on to find all these answers!

well this one was the correct one!

many of you came very very close but this was the specific answer i was looking for

was it a good riddle?

its the first one i have ever written...