BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

As Y-san exited the showers at the Redrum University Recreational Facility, she heard a loud scream. She hurried towards the source of the commotion and found a crowd gathered around a body in the hallway. Pushing her way through the crowd she saw that it was Phaze's body. Well, its about time! Was the first thought that came to her mind.

The police autopsy revealed the cause of death to be internal injuries with several causes. First, Phaze had been struck in the ribs with a wide, hard object. Then he had been choked with an elastic band. Finally, he had been struck in the head with something heavy enough to crack his skull.

Further investigation uncovered four likely suspects: Slick, Bb, Dusty, and Aizen. At the time the body had been discovered, witnesses claimed to have seen them doing the following:

Slick was in the sauna with only his towel.

Dusty had been doing laps in the swimming pool.

Bb was changing in the locker room. The only things in the locker room were lockers and a vending machine for energy bars. Since Bb was the one everyone automatically suspected, a search had been done of his locker and the only things that were found were gym shorts, socks, deodorant, and energy bars.

Aizen had been in the weight room benching sixty-five...uh, I mean, one hundred and sixty five, pounds... ;P

The gym has very strict rules about not letting the members remove items that don't belong to them from the rooms. The staff had been trained to be highly competent at keeping a look-out for potential thieves (although apparently keeping a look-out for potential murderers is beyond their abilities...). And due to paranoia about terrorism, the staff was also very well trained at keeping a look-out for items that don't belong, i.e. there was no place anyone could have disposed of a murder weapon.

"Well, what do you think?" the head of campus security asked Y-san, after reprimanding her for pouring cornstarch in the pond on campus. "Who killed Phaze?"

Y-san gave him the full benefit of her lopsided grin. "Actually," she mused, "the question is: Who didn't kill Phaze?"

What's the answer, and why? (Use spoilers!!!)

19 answers to this question

Slicks is one of the killer. He frozen his wet towel and struck phaze rib. Ran back to the sauna, let the heat melt the frozen towel to become normal.

and while phaze is still in the shock and looking naked Slicks run towards him, hit him and run away; his head is hit by weighting disc from Aizen.

"Is you?" he turned around and shouted, with big mouth, then Bb, from his back, stuck his mouth with elastic band that use to tight a few energy bar together.

just guessing :P

Slicks is one of the killer. He frozen his wet towel and struck phaze rib. Ran back to the sauna, let the heat melt the frozen towel to become normal.

and while phaze is still in the shock and looking naked Slicks run towards him, hit him and run away; his head is hit by weighting disc from Aizen.

"Is you?" he turned around and shouted, with big mouth, then Bb, from his back, stuck his mouth with elastic band that use to tight a few energy bar together.

just guessing :P

can't stop laughing. :lol::lol:

Okay... Aizen definitely was a killer because his large 165-dumbbell is the only thing that is really heavy except maybe your own body. I bet BrandonB used the elastic band off his gym shorts to choke phaze... And Slick probably wielded a frozen towel and melted it in the sauna, as woon said.

Why doesn't someone create a topic where all the authors of the "how did they die" topics die?

Edited by frozen_in_fire

BB: Elastic band from gym shorts

Aizen: Used weights to crush skull

Dusty: Used either hand paddles or fins to crack ribs

This leaves Sauna Slick as the only innocent member

Dusty: used elastic from his goggles

Aizen: Used weights to crack ribs

Slick: Used metal sauna spoon (used to throw water on coals) to crack skull

Thus making BB the innocent party

BB: Used sock full of quarters to crack open skull. Then used quarters to buy energy bars.

Dusty: Used elastic from goggles to strangle.

Aizen: Used weightlifting belt to damage ribs.

Though Phaze seems to have witnessed my death, maybe I can provide evidence for his:

Slick froze his towel (like Woon said) and used it to crack Phaze's ribs. As he was recovering from the pain, Dusty used the elastic strap from her goggles to strangle him and then jumped in the pool. Finally, Brandonb found Phaze unconscious/dying on the floor and filled a gym sock with quarters, clubbed Phaze in the head with it and then used the quarters to buy some energy bars (like Mumbles said.) Meaning that Aizen is in the clear.

Am I close? And if I get it in one guess, TC can't kill me since he already has! :lol: ...wait, that's not very funny for me is it? :(:o

Edited by dawh

REDRUM POLICE DEPARTMENT

Crime Report

CA 0328012

Officer's Name : Y-san Case No: RH 08-02731

Officer's ID>: #2893

Charge(s): DEATH INVESTIGATION

PROP. 115 CERTIFICATION:

I am Prop. 115 certified.

DIGITAL RECORDINGS:

The incident was digitally recorded and downloaded into the Redrum Police Department database

ASSIGNMENT:

On Thursday, 8/28/08, I was assigned to a mutual-aid patrol in the city of Redrum. I was driving a marked City of Redrum black-and-white police vehicle, wearing a police uniform.

FACTS:

Scene of Crime : Hallway of Redrum University Recreational Facility

Number of suspects : 4

Identity of the suspects : Slick, Bb, Dusty, and Aizen

The victim was identified as Phaze . The victim had been struck in the ribs with a wide, hard object. Then he had been choked with an elastic band. Finally, he had been struck in the head with something heavy enough to crack his skull.

The body was taken for autopsy which revealed the cause of death to be internal injuries with several causes.

Investigation uncovered four likely suspects: Slick, Bb, Dusty, and Aizen.

The victim was on his way to the Library when he was waylaid by the 3 suspects. BB, Dusty and Aizen. The took him to the swimming pool tower to the 10 meter level and threw him into the swimming pool. The victim could not align himself properly and so fell onto the edge of the spingboard. The 3 suspects then carried him out to the hallway. The victim started screaming for help when BB put the elastic band around his throat and kept on pulling it tighter. Aizen wanted to silence the victim faster so he got hold of one of the weights from the gym and brought it down upon the victims head.

Under these circumstances, it is Slick that is innocent and he has been released.

Though Phaze seems to have witnessed my death, maybe I can provide evidence for his:

Slick froze his towel (like Woon said) and used it to crack Phaze's ribs. As he was recovering from the pain, Dusty used the elastic strap from her goggles to strangle him and then jumped in the pool. Finally, Brandonb found Phaze unconscious/dying on the floor and filled a gym sock with quarters, clubbed Phaze in the head with it and then used the quarters to buy some energy bars (like Mumbles said.) Meaning that Aizen is in the clear.

Am I close? And if I get it in one guess, TC can't kill me since he already has! :lol: ...wait, that's not very funny for me is it? :(:o

Haha, I was thinking the same thing about TC...yes you got it on the dot :D...but you had an unfair advantage...you knew which one was the only person who didn't want to kill Phaze (since he wasn't playing when Phaze was playing...;P) hehe

Lol Dawh you know I have the power of reincarnation right???

Ok I don't get it... Who is Aizen? He isn't a member is he? Cause I looked him up and he wasn't on the list...

Edited by ThunderChicken

Lol Dawh you know I have the power of reincarnation right???

Sudden thought: I want to be in a murder. Preferably as the murderer. :D But the victim is fine.

Frozen was frozen... How did he freeze?!

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Sudden thought: I want to be in a murder. Preferably as the murderer. :D But the victim is fine.

Frozen was frozen in the Frozen Frozens, a place where people named Frozen went to freeze... How did he die?!

Nice, I like having volunteers...;P

And I already have an idea about your frozen frozens, hehe...

As Y-san exited the showers

Adding distraction Y-san - ah ha! a math tatoo..

"Pi goes on and on and on ...

And e is just as cursed.

I wonder: Which is larger

When their digits are reversed? "

Did anyone else spot it