BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I felt like writing this one - I really hope no one minds. It's just too much fun.

It was a relatively slow day at the Braindenzia Crime Lab. It had been nearly twelve hours since the last case had been solved, and not a single person had died yet. Detective Kay drummed her fingers at her desk, filling through the pesky paperwork of the last case. Of course she was near the bottom of the food chain, so all this sort of stuff was dumped on her head.

She paused as she reached something interesting - a death threat issued to a fellow named Woon. Of course, the threat had been from ThunderChicken, and everybody knew he was mildly insane.

However, as if on cue, the head of the crime lab burst through the door.

"Let me guess," Kay grumbled. "Another murder?"

Without waiting for an answer, Kay grabbed her gun and her badge and hurried out the door.

--

The crime scene was a pig sty.

Literally. Kay found herself driving out to the far stretches of Braindenzia to the country region. Lying face-down in the mud was what she assumed had been Woon.

"That's just gross," she complained.

"Tell me about it."

It was then that she noticed the detective beside her was not Sinistral. She had not really expected him to be - after all, Sinistral had to go and get himself killed by a borderline psychopath. (Although he sort of deserved it, after the One-Post incident. One. Single. Solitary. Post.)

"Name?" she asked the new detective.

"Detective Phaze," he responded. "I'm the new detective."

"Obviously," Kay said dully. "Anyway, let's get this body back to autopsy and go question a couple suspects."

Phaze bit his lip, and for the first time Kay noticed the red mark around his mouth. She blinked in confusion, but didn't say anything. "That's going to be a problem," he muttered.

"Why?" she asked, growing more irritable by the second.

"Well...they're all either hungover or dead," he responded. "Including the coroner."

"Great," she grumbled. "Okay, we'll just examine him here."

The pigsty had only two pigs in it, besides Woon's body. A long stick was impaled through his head, and when the rolled him over they found that several of his ribs were cracked, along with a broken arm. The pigsty was inside the barn, a huge white building with a tall red roof.

"I know exactly who killed him!" Kay shouted after a moment. "Thunder Chicken sure called this one."

"So it was his fault?" Phaze asked excitedly.

"Yup," Kay grinned. "And nope."

She then ran back to her car, leaving a very puzzled Phaze behind.

As she ran, she could've sworn she heard him mumble: "Goddamn paradoxes."

Kay smiled. She couldn't have agreed more - paradoxes = paperwork.

(Questions welcome, sorry if this one is too easy. I couldn't resist - it's too much fun writing these.)

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm still not even sure who died in this topic... It was woon right?

I couldn't have died because then I wouldn't be able to continue my glorious and completely justifiable killing spree!

Yes. It was Woon.

Wait, now I am confused. What is the problem here? There was a murder, Kay solved it.

Seriously?

I solved it, yes. But what did I solve? That's what you guys are trying to figure out.

oooh I know!

* Braindenizen not Braindenzian

* Brainden, not Braindenzia ;D

hehe

it's not Woon! It's Thunderchicken, trying to kill Woon, who was a pig (or escaped, either way!) TC fell and got trampled by the mellanagamiously effluent swinish hog pigs!

Despite the Olympics, you're obviously unaware what mellanagmiously means in chinese. :P

I felt like writing this one - I really hope no one minds. It's just too much fun.

Of course, the threat had been from ThunderChicken, and everybody knew he was mildly insane.

I don't expect a chicken survive from a thunder strike goes no insane.

Just joking, TC. Don't take it too hard. After all you've killed me.

Okay. This wasn't a very good one, so I'm going to try to egg you guys on until you get it so a somebody else *cough cough Y-San* can write a better one.

ThunderChicken's part: If you saw a monkey in the middle of the road with those crazy eyes, what would you do? Especially if you were on the lookout for a particular monkey?

Okay. This wasn't a very good one, so I'm going to try to egg you guys on until you get it so a somebody else *cough cough Y-San* can write a better one.

ThunderChicken's part: If you saw a monkey in the middle of the road with those crazy eyes, what would you do? Especially if you were on the lookout for a particular monkey?

Lol, I think it's great...I'm just too busy laughing to actually try to figure it out...;P

Lol, I think it's great...I'm just too busy laughing to actually try to figure it out...;P

haha, thanks. I think i'm good at making it interesting, but coming up with causes of death...well, let's just say most of my medical expertise comes from Drs. John Dorian and Gregory House. :P

Sorry Kay lol but I don't get that... Is it supposed to be a joke aimed towards me or are you seriously asking what I would do? :D

haha, thanks. I think i'm good at making it interesting, but coming up with causes of death...well, let's just say most of my medical expertise comes from Drs. John Dorian and Gregory House. :P

Lol Greg House comes up with very interesting illnesses... ^_^

Lol Greg House comes up with very interesting illnesses... ^_^

he does, he does indeed....

if i have to die prematurely, i want to die with something cool like the cases he gets. or murdered by TC.

Seriously, i'm suprised i'm not dead yet.

Hey! Can I be TC's third victim? Please? :wub::lol:

Lol then you'd probably be writing your own death story...

Either you or Y-San. I don't know I might come up with a story to document my serial killings...

You think I should?

You would definitely be the next victim in it...

EDIT: I would also have to find a way to tie in all three of these murders though...

Edited by ThunderChicken

he does, he does indeed....

if i have to die prematurely, i want to die with something cool like the cases he gets. or murdered by TC.

Seriously, i'm suprised i'm not dead yet.

Hey! Can I be TC's third victim? Please? :wub::lol:

Your wish is my command, your Funny One ;P

Gonna have dinner, when I get back, you will be dead. :D

Your wish is my command, your Funny One ;P

Gonna have dinner, when I get back, you will be dead. :D

Ha! Thanks...i think.

I think I've put new meaning into the phrase "Digging your own grave" :lol:

Lol I can tell why you say the title like that now! I think anybody you ask that's played Mafia who you should kill next they will most definitely say phaze! :lol:

Just out of curiousity - why do all the mafia players hate phaze?

Just out of curiousity - why do all the mafia players hate phaze?

Lol we don't hate him...

Have you read some of his posts in VI and VII?

That kid is annoying and confusing as f***! (Sorry for the language couldn't think of anything else to say)

Everybody wants him out of the games as early as possible cause he uses some completely random strategies and succeeds in getting most of us completely confused...