BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This is a question from a game I have, called Mind Trap..

Mind Trap #170 Question:

Jack Tar swam up to the bar and ordered a drink. He leaned over to Shadow and introduced himself. "It sure is great to be back in the city", said Jack. "I just came from the barber who shaved of my four month old beard, and then I ate till I was ready to burst. I've been at sea searching for a sunken Spanish galleon for the last four months, and two days ago I finally found her. With a few thousand dollars I'll secure the salvage rights and bring up a fourtune." While gazing at the bathing beauties, Jack rubbed his tanned chin and added, "by the way, if you're interested, for a few grand I could cut you in on a piece of the action." "Sorry Jack," replied Shadow, "I'm afraid your credibility is rather low." Why would Shadow say that?

This is my first Topic, so be nice on me. Enjoy!

14 answers to this question

You solved that in no time.. Shell I put a few more up?

Sure - those are fun. There's endless books of those little mysteries - if your fingers don't get worn out from all the typing, I'd say put five or ten up as a single post and let everyone compete like we do with cryptograms or word puzzles, etc. Just make sure they haven't been posted before, or the moderators will get you! :D

Sure - those are fun. There's endless books of those little mysteries - if your fingers don't get worn out from all the typing, I'd say put five or ten up as a single post and let everyone compete like we do with cryptograms or word puzzles, etc. Just make sure they haven't been posted before, or the moderators will get you! :D

Mind Trap has 500 asorted logic puzzles/riddles :D I might see if I can find a few more to put up

Hi Brain Teasers,

I just found these puzzles and I am not sure if this is the corect place to reply with my answer. Please post back to me if I am wrong. my Brain Teasers ID is jennel.

The answer, by the way, for Mind Trap #170 (Jack and Shadow) is "Jack lied. How could his chin be tan if he hadn't shaved in four months."

jennel

Reply to Mind Trap #170

Hi Brain Teasers,

I just found these puzzles and I am not sure if this is the corect place to reply with my answer. Please post back to me if I am wrong. my Brain Teasers ID is jennel.

The answer, by the way, for Mind Trap #170 (Jack and Shadow) is "Jack lied. How could his chin be tan if he hadn't shaved in four months."

jennel

Reply to Mind Trap #170

Welcome to the Den jennel. I think you found the right place to put your reply - just remember to use spoilers so that those who haven't yet worked a puzzle can do so without being too tempted to look at your answers! You'll find the Insert: Spoiler box on the left side of the page under Quick Access when you're composing your reply.

This is a question from a game I have, called Mind Trap..

Mind Trap #170 Question:

Jack Tar swam up to the bar and ordered a drink. He leaned over to Shadow and introduced himself. "It sure is great to be back in the city", said Jack. "I just came from the barber who shaved of my four month old beard, and then I ate till I was ready to burst. I've been at sea searching for a sunken Spanish galleon for the last four months, and two days ago I finally found her. With a few thousand dollars I'll secure the salvage rights and bring up a fourtune." While gazing at the bathing beauties, Jack rubbed his tanned chin and added, "by the way, if you're interested, for a few grand I could cut you in on a piece of the action." "Sorry Jack," replied Shadow, "I'm afraid your credibility is rather low." Why would Shadow say that?

This is my first Topic, so be nice on me. Enjoy!

Jack couldn't have had a tanned chin if he had been out to sea for 4 months and acquired a 4 month old beard.

... was I the only newbie that understood the concept of spoilers right away?

....no.....

Edit: great puzzles taliesin please post moar

=^_^= ..mew

Edited by solemnraven