BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

many members are guilty of putting in some references to bad language in some way (not all) - Expletive depletive fonts that creep through the posts or just acronyms

My thought is that we should just not use it and show more respect for others in BrainDen rather than play at getting in remarks that we know may offend the young or those with beliefs that can be upset.

I only say this because one member that I still respect a great deal let it out in a vent of dissatisfaction and I feel it wld be better if we cld dig a little further into our vocabulary and save the other remarks for those we know better - we do not really know members here and it may easily offend.

I am not offended - I just know we can do better - reply or discuss if you wish - i have said my bit

Well that makes me think.

What makes one cuss word worse than another?

Shouldn't they all be just as bad as the next one?

it depends what they mean though, and how old you are

when you're 3, "shut up" is practically a swear word, but it's better for a three year old to say something like that than something really bad.

My thought was just to make sure this is a universal rating - it's up to you. As rookie1ja says - it's your forum too.

edit to say - I am not asking for examples including the expletive deletive

Edited by Lost in space