BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

Mafia Logic Puzzle

and you thought lynching someone was hard...

Frost and I have made an advertisement riddle for Mafia IV ;D if you think this is fun, the game of Mafia (found in the 'Others' forum) is a hundred times funner :P

If you played the game Mafia II, do NOT post your solution here!!! You can still solve the puzzle of course, just don't post the answer please :P

12 people were playing Mafia:

[alphabetical order]

akaslickster

Brandonb

dnae

Frost

GC

Itachi

Kingofpain

Nayana

pieman

puzzlegirl

pw0nzd

Scott

And these were the 12 roles:

[alphabetical order]

Bomb

Defender

Doctor

Grim Reaper

Illusionist

Inspector

Mafiosos (there are 3 Mafiosos!)

Sage

Spy

Vigilante

The roster was a list of players, like this:

1) Name

2) Name

3) Name

4) Name

5) Name

6) Name

7) Name

8) Name

9) Name

10) Name

11) Name

12) Name

Your job is to match the players to their roster number to their role, like this:

1) Name - Role

2) Name - Role

3) Name - Role

4) Name - Role

5) Name - Role

6) Name - Role

7) Name - Role

8) Name - Role

9) Name - Role

10) Name - Role

11) Name - Role

12) Name - Role

We made 18 clues to help you:

1) The second person on the roster is the Grim Reaper.

2) The character that played the Sage was two names down on the roster from Dnae.

3) The Doctor, who was far away from Itachi that night, saved Brandonb while the third person on the roster was getting roughed up by the Mafia.

4) Itachi, who made it alive to the end of the game, and the Vigilante and the 4th & 6th people in the roster defeated the last Mafioso, Kingofpain, to win the game for the Innocents, after an explosive sacrifice.

5) The Illusionist, who died second, was not dnae, who died first - overall, 9/12 people died in the game.

6) The Defender, who was 11th on the roster, was between a Mafioso and the Illusionist on the roster.

7) The Spy had a Mafioso two roster spots ahead of him and behind him.

8) Everyone mixed up the Spy and Grim Reaper- they knew they were Slick and Scott, but they didn't know who was who.

9) One night, the Grim Reaper went after Grey Cells while GC and his other Mafia friends were going after Scott. GC was the third person to die.

10) Scott was an even numbered person on the roster, while GC was odd.

11) None of the mafiosos are directly next to each other in the roster.

12) Frost was not a saving role (saving roles are Doctor, Illusionist and sorta Defender).

13) The players whose roster-numbers were prime numbers were Scott and the Spy and Grey Cells and the Inspector and Nayana.

14) Frost and Itachi were right next to each other on the roster, with both of their roster numbers above 7. Itachi's roster number was odd while Frost's was even.

15) Brandonb did not make it to the end, however Frost did.

16) Pw0nzd, a saving role (Doctor, Illusionist, Defender) also made it to the end of the game.

17) Puzzlegirl was already dead by the time Grey Cells was scythed into Grim Pond.

18) Our last clue is a math equation: 3*pieman - 2*pw0nzd = kingofpain

20 answers to this question

Just to point out, if you want to join, go to the Mafia IV Sign Up topic in Others, and read all of the rules. There are multiple mafia games that have ended, make sure to go to Mafia IV. B))

Two questions/clarifications

7 - is it correct if I say: the spy had a mafioso two roser spots ahead of him and two roster spots behind him

14 - by "roster numbers above 7", do you mean higher up on the page than roster number 7 (i.e., 1-6), or numbers greater than 7 (i.e., 8-12)?

Two questions/clarifications

7 - is it correct if I say: the spy had a mafioso two roser spots ahead of him and two roster spots behind him

14 - by "roster numbers above 7", do you mean higher up on the page than roster number 7 (i.e., 1-6), or numbers greater than 7 (i.e., 8-12)?

7 - Yes, you are correct in saying that.

14 - Numbers greater than 7.

I got it!

but I'll wait until about 24h past the OP to post it, to give others a chance.

EDIT: BTW, clue number 11 is not necessary

Edited by Cherry Lane

OK, time to post my solution (gosh, I sure hope it's right, after all this build up)
Read Mafia II. It's all there.

Nice work Cherry Lane. Did you solve it first then notice that, or notice that fact first, or a combination of both? B))

Nice work Cherry Lane. Did you solve it first then notice that, or notice that fact first, or a combination of both? B))

I guessed it (based on the rule that M-II players couldn't participate), but intentionally DIDN'T look, because I wanted to do the puzzle independently (That's how I know you didn't need clue #11). Then I checked my work and it was right.

Good puzzle!

This was a fun one, especially since I started playing mafia over at mafiascum.net

Maybe I'll make some time to play here too.

1) puzzlegirl - Mafioso

2) Scott – Grim Reaper

3) Akaslickster – Spy

4) pw0nzd – Doc

5) GC - Mafioso

6) pieman – Bomb

7) dnae - Inspector

8) Frost –Vigilante

9) Itachi – Sage

10) Kingofpain– Mafioso

11) Nayana - Defender

12) brandonb –Illusionist

This was a fun one, especially since I started playing mafia over at mafiascum.net

Maybe I'll make some time to play here too.

1) puzzlegirl - Mafioso

2) Scott – Grim Reaper

3) Akaslickster – Spy

4) pw0nzd – Doc

5) GC - Mafioso

6) pieman – Bomb

7) dnae - Inspector

8) Frost –Vigilante

9) Itachi – Sage

10) Kingofpain– Mafioso

11) Nayana - Defender

12) brandonb –Illusionist

You're very close Jahudo, but unfortunately you have two of the people switched in the roster, though the roles are in the correct place.