BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

This is an encryption method I made up in the 8th grade and recently changed a little (just a tiny bit, though, the real beautiful part of it is the same). See if you can figure it out....

tglzorfsnqcupolhrkwolpvxwoserbcnnyioutjgegkmqqysaargtsxtrvazjemipfulzdhawaqtwsfe

nrtlggxymvrlenehxnrfilporvsq

19 answers to this question

if nobody's even close by tomorrow, I'll drop some hints :P

hello im new, been readin these every day for the past month. very nice.... lol gimme a hint! im going out of my mind!

Edited by javoie

This is an encryption method I made up in the 8th grade and recently changed a little (just a tiny bit, though, the real beautiful part of it is the same). See if you can figure it out....

tglzorfsnqcupolhrkwolpvxwoserbcnnyioutjgegkmqqysaargtsxtrvazjemipfulzdhawaqtwsfe

Is it possible that you are using a two- or four-letter word for each letter? Also, I notice there are several ROT13 pairs (more than should occur randomly). Is there something to that?

Is it possible that you are using a two- or four-letter word for each letter?

I don't think so cuz there r double Qs, As, Gs etc..... if each letter represents a word then what sort of words would Unreality be using?

I don't think so cuz there r double Qs, As, Gs etc..... if each letter represents a word then what sort of words would Unreality be using?

Er, no. I mean it the other way around - i.e. each letter of the solution is represented by more than one in the encrypted phrase.

not sure why it carried over the line... well it's all on one line :P

Because your right pinky decided to stretch and hit the enter key on accident. I can see how misplaced letters are always near the ones that are supposed to fit. ;)

Honestly, Iwouldn't know where to begin if you gave me half of the answer. Never was good at these.

Edited by akaslickster

the answer: gotta love awesome encryption algorithms

omit the spaces: gottaloveawesomeencryptionalgorithms

write down in columns- this particular sentence makes a perfect 6x6 square:

goscor

ovorni

temyat

taeplh

awetgm

lenios

now write it out in rows:

goscorovornitemyattaeplhawetgmlenios

now put random letters before and after each letter, ie "g" could become "xgr" or "lgf" or whatever you want. Each letter is the center of a triplet, so that means 2 random letters end up between the actual letters:

the answer: gotta love awesome encryption algorithms

omit the spaces: gottaloveawesomeencryptionalgorithms

write down in columns- this particular sentence makes a perfect 6x6 square:

goscor

ovorni

temyat

taeplh

awetgm

lenios

now write it out in rows:

goscorovornitemyattaeplhawetgmlenios

now put random letters before and after each letter, ie "g" could become "xgr" or "lgf" or whatever you want. Each letter is the center of a triplet, so that means 2 random letters end up between the actual letters:

Clever. Tricky. And incredibly annoying. :D