BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

22 answers to this question

Although I agree with Yoruichi-san that Penguin is probably the most ideal answer, an Albatross is also a kind of bird that would fit these confines of this riddle.

This one's an old one.

A penguin. The only way a house's four walls could face north at the same time is if it was built on the South Pole. Usually, I've heard it another form of this riddle: "You build a house whose walls are all facing north. A bear walks by. What color is he?"

This is still a good riddle.

Edited by IMLRG

many species of bird at the south pole seasonal variations 10-20 types first thought - my guess is you want the adelie penguin

My understanding is that while quite a few species of bird live in Antarctica, they are almost exclusively coastal. I don't think any birds (or other animals, for that matter) are consistently found at the South Pole. According to Wikipedia (the font of all knowledge), "Due to its exceptionally harsh climate, there are no native resident plants or animals at the South Pole. Remarkably, though, off-course skuas are occasionally seen there."

a skua, whatever that is.

:lol:

The house is built at the south pole, so the bird is a penguin.

A man builds a house with 4 sides. Strangely, each side faces north. A bird goes by the house. What kind of bird is it?

This one's an old one.

A penguin. The only way a house's four walls could face north at the same time is if it was built on the South Pole. Usually, I've heard it another form of this riddle: "You build a house whose walls are all facing north. A bear walks by. What color is he?"

This is still a good riddle.

Only problem is - the riddle you quoted is a little bit wrong. The sides of the house in that form of the riddle would be facing south, as Polar bears are not found at the south pole. They are only in the north, just as penguins are found in the south. ;)

But yes, similar riddles.

Only problem is - the riddle you quoted is a little bit wrong. The sides of the house in that form of the riddle would be facing south, as Polar bears are not found at the south pole. They are only in the north, just as penguins are found in the south. ;)

But yes, similar riddles.

Heh heh heh.... *rubs back of head in embarrassment* You're totally right! That was a blonde moment on my part....

The answer's still a penguin. Or one of the other 19 apparent species of birds there.

:lol: