BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

13 answers to this question

I tried it - one puff - it was easy to stop

I wonder why people suffer pressure to do it, either by example of coolness or the big push

#It's a bad drug but it's tax is useful - expensive coffin nails

DONT START

remember only you can prevent forest fires when the bear is an optical illusion it looks like its pointing to you and your friend somewhere else dont ask me y i said that

Dang. Am I the only one here that ever smoked?

Guess that makes me the dumbest person on this forum :wacko:

Oh well. At least I'm honest about it :blush:

As for giving up, I'd say it's all about having a good reason. If you really want to stop smoking, you'll stop. If you don't really want to, you won't.

If it's January 1st and you've decided to "try to give up", forget it. You've failed before you even started.

Me, I stopped smoking when I found out my sister was pregnant, so I was going to be an uncle. Apart from setting a good example to the kid, I wanted to shame her and her bloke into giving up. And it worked. I stopped smoking the moment she told me on the phone. No last ciggy. No ceremony. I just stopped smoking. I made a decision and told myself that if I went back on it I'd be betraying that kid. Of course I was ready to give up anyway. I resented the fact that smoking was starting to get a hold on me and I just needed the right excuse. But when I made the decision I knew it was final.

Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.

Yoda

Yoda

I think that is the way to quit. I've not smoked but thats what i did with alcohol. You either do or don't. To try is an opt out to make you feel better with failure (putting it icnredibly bluntly)

Dang. Am I the only one here that ever smoked?

Guess that makes me the dumbest person on this forum :wacko:

Oh well. At least I'm honest about it :blush:

As for giving up, I'd say it's all about having a good reason. If you really want to stop smoking, you'll stop. If you don't really want to, you won't.

If it's January 1st and you've decided to "try to give up", forget it. You've failed before you even started.

Me, I stopped smoking when I found out my sister was pregnant, so I was going to be an uncle. Apart from setting a good example to the kid, I wanted to shame her and her bloke into giving up. And it worked. I stopped smoking the moment she told me on the phone. No last ciggy. No ceremony. I just stopped smoking. I made a decision and told myself that if I went back on it I'd be betraying that kid. Of course I was ready to give up anyway. I resented the fact that smoking was starting to get a hold on me and I just needed the right excuse. But when I made the decision I knew it was final.

Yoda

Puzzlegirl cut back to one a day... HAHAHA :lol:

im sure there are more poeple who smoke. they just haven't written on here yet.

watching my mom die due to her 4 pack a day habit was cause enough for me. it made me realize that she loved cigarettes more than me, her only child and i felt there was no way i could be that selfish. it was easy. yes i still get cravings but then I think about my mom dead at 46 :(

I thought it was gonna be difficult to stop. My co-worker was doing the patch for a year and she started up again. I should quit buying smokes. I can eat like a pig to kill cravings and not think about smoking so, I'm lucky that I can stop when I want. My next feat will be to quit for good(forever). I know I can. But this spare tire needs some sit-ups. I'm the skinny guy with the beer gut.