BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Letters

Question

Here's another one of my favorites. Look at this sequence of letters and then tell us what the last letter should be.

O T T F F S S ___ ?????

Again, this is one my dad tried on me when I was about 10. He informed me that only a genius can figure it out in virtually no time. Well, I never claimed to be a genius, but I read off the letters and in perfect time I said the last letter.

Do I have to put the answer in here? I want to see how long it takes for anyone to answer it correctly.

I think the question should be What the next letter should be and not the last. We know that the next letter is E but the last letter would be Z for zero since there are only ten numbers and Zero being the last number. Am I wrong?

I think the question should be What the next letter should be and not the last. We know that the next letter is E but the last letter would be Z for zero since there are only ten numbers and Zero being the last number. Am I wrong?

I agree with you. But my view is that the sequence is infinite, like ten, eleven, ... You cannot say the last letter if the sequence is infinite.

In the problem it is a finite sequence where there is only one missing entry: the last one. So the OP can ask for the last letter, which is Easy to figure out once you get the sequence. Plus I wouldn't say Z would be the last entry because there are more than 10 numbers, Maybe 'I' for ∞

Here's another one of my favorites. Look at this sequence of letters and then tell us what the last letter should be.

O T T F F S S ___ ?????

Again, this is one my dad tried on me when I was about 10. He informed me that only a genius can figure it out in virtually no time. Well, I never claimed to be a genius, but I read off the letters and in perfect time I said the last letter.

Do I have to put the answer in here? I want to see how long it takes for anyone to answer it correctly.

:( I guess I am not a genius.

But I would guess... O --- this is wrong tho. :huh:

O T T F F S S ___ ?????

the last letter is m.

o,t,t,f,f,s,s,e,n,t,e,t,t,f,f,s,s,e,n,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,f,

f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,e,e,

e

,e,e,e,e,e,e,e,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o

o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,

o

,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,t,t,t,t

t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,

t

,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t

t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,etc, etc,etc