BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Let's say that every song on your mp3 player is 5 minutes long. After you play a song,

it goes straight to the "Recently Played" playlist. A song can only be on the Recently Played list for a total of 6 weeks,

and after 6 weeks, they are deleted from the playlist at 12:00 Midnight.

What is the maximum amount of songs that can be on the Recently played at once?

13 answers to this question

Let's say that every song on your mp3 player is 5 minutes long. After you play a song,

it goes straight to the "Recently Played" playlist. A song can only be on the Recently Played list for a total of 6 weeks,

and after 6 weeks, they are deleted from the playlist at 12:00 Midnight.

What is the maximum amount of songs that can be on the Recently played at once?

How many songs are on my mp3 player?

As many as you want.

brilliant.

there are 1008 hours in 6 weeks. That's 60480 minutes. Divided by 5, that would be 12096. I'm missing something, I can sense it. This can't just be a simple math problem. But I am just a simple person, so that's the answer i'm going with.

So, where did i get that many 5-minute songs? all the songs i know/like are 3 minutes. That should be the real riddle. Where do you get over 12 thousand songs?

Hmmm, i can sense that too. The problem is that i don't know the answer.

I heard this one from a friend so that would be my answer too.

I'm still trying to figure it out though.

X=5 min

12x=1-hour, 288x=1-day, 2016x=1-week, 12096x=6-weeks

only works if your memory and battery doesn't run out and if you start at 00:00 hrs

so 12,096 songs

12384 but you could argue that it's only 12383.

i doubt any of us are going to argue that it's 12383, because we've all gotten about three hundred songs less than you. care to share your logic? because i'm sure you're right (as usual)

...and you could start playing songs at 12:00:01. That way you would get one full extra day of song and a total of 12383 songs. I see.

There is not enough information to effectively determine the maximum amount of songs on the playlist. The exact instant that your 12384th song was finishing, 288 song would be deleted off the playlist. You could argue both 12383 and 12384.

6 weeks = 1008 hours = 12,096 five minute songs

Assuming we start playing at precisely 00:00 and continously play 12,096 or more distinct songs...

The 'Recently Played' list would grow to 12096 songs after which the oldest entry would be removed.