BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Apples

rookie1ja

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or put one kid in the basket, with the last apple <!-- s:) --><!-- s:) -->

This was my first thought too. I like this answer.

Much less bloody than chopping up kids and apples.

• 1 month later...

of course my answer is not a trick to the question just a logical answer and if the 5th child takes the apple to eat it would no longer be in the basket thus the solution to this really isnt a valid one

4 of them "get an apple" as in picking it up. THe last gets an apple but hasn't picked it up yet. I don't know if im right... -_-SearchMembersCalendarBlogsGallery

Edited by Sharpshark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

theres 5 kids and 5 apples but you have to leave an apple in the basket....

one kid already has an apple in their hands wich means the other 4 get an apple out of th ebasket, which leaves one apple left!

EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How does the fifth kid ever truly receive the apple if it cannot leave the basket. Seems a bit of a tease to me. What you've ended up with are four happy kids with apples and one kid who hates math because he got a basket instead of a delicious apple. What kid wants a basket anyway? I mean honestly??!!?? :D

Edited by this_guy_lucas

Give each child an apple.

Cut the apples for each kid to eat in the basket and then keep one apple core in the basket. I don't believe it read that the apple that stays in the basket has to be whole. ^^

Edited by Zutara21

okay.

I do believe that it said that there was 5 apples. not that there was ONLY 5 apples. and if I'm smart enough to bring apples to kids who love junk and fast food who don't like apples(and if the do, they must be weird) I'm not going to give him my basket, or put him in my basket. So if there were 5 apples and one had to stay in the basket I would just shoot the last kid and keep my apple. Bad luck for him I guess. He can have one of Jesus's apples. :)

I haven't read any of the posts or spoilers, but I'm pretty sure you put a kid in the basket. Might not be the intended answer, since it didn't take much thinking (just a little venn diagram in my head), but it satisfies the parameters of the OP: Each kid has an apple, and there is an apple in the basket. With a kid.

I haven't read any of the posts or spoilers, but I'm pretty sure you put a kid in the basket. Might not be the intended answer, since it didn't take much thinking (just a little venn diagram in my head), but it satisfies the parameters of the OP: Each kid has an apple, and there is an apple in the basket. With a kid.

yes but would you really put a kid in a basket???

• 2 weeks later...

Give four kids a apple and then put the fifth kid into the basket then give them the apple, thats the only way the kid can eat the apple and have it stay in the basket, I know the puzzle doesn't say anything about eating, but kids usual eat apples (or throw the red ones at chian link fences). The kid whose apple must stay in the basket will cry if the other kids eat theirs while his must stay in the basket. Most apple picking baskets are big enough for a kid to at least stand in. The next question is once he eats it does he then have to stay in the basket until he poops or is the change the apple goes through in being eaten enough to end the condition that it must stay in the basket.