BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

If you decided to make a list of the most famous presidential middle name of all time, I think most people would agree that "Quincy" would take first place, from John Quincy Adams.

It's of my opinion that 2nd and 3rd place on that list is of NO debate. In fact, some may argue that these middle names should rank 1st and 2nd on that list, and "Quincy" should be 3rd.

No tricks, nothing special, but I believe there is a clear answer to this question. What's your opinion? What other two middle names should be up there right with "Quincy"?

7 answers to this question

If you decided to make a list of the most famous presidential middle name of all time, I think most people would agree that "Quincy" would take first place, from John Quincy Adams.

It's of my opinion that 2nd and 3rd place on that list is of NO debate. In fact, some may argue that these middle names should rank 1st and 2nd on that list, and "Quincy" should be 3rd.

No tricks, nothing special, but I believe there is a clear answer to this question. What's your opinion? What other two middle names should be up there right with "Quincy"?

Fitzgerald and Delano

I like this one, but can I play Devil's advocate for a moment? I would bet this was correct in 1940 say, but not now. I bet more people know at least JFK, if not Nixon's also, than Wilson and/or Cleveland at all. That would make Fitzgerald a more famous presidential middle name.

I teach high school (though not history).

I just asked this to my class.

First name of the president with last name of Cleveland: 35%

First name of the president with last name of Wilson: 25%

Middle name of John Kennedy: 10%

Now, for baby boomers, yes. For younger people, no. Where's the boundary between knowing Fitzgerald more than the others? Probably about 30 or so.