BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

4 answers to this question

It's pretty simple...Monkeys didn't evolve because they faced different conditions than the monkeys who did evolve did. I am a strong supporter in the evolution theory.

First, you must realize that your argument is flawed, in that, the theory of evolution is not that we evolved from the apes/monkeys in existence right now, but that we share a common ancestry species that split and evolved into all three. Now, with that cleared up...

Your argument then becomes-

"If a Man supposedly evolved from the same ancestor that monkeys and apes evolved from, why do we still have monkeys and apes?"

Which is the same thing as saying...

"If a Chicken supposedly evolved from the same bird-type ancestor that Hawks and (insert any other bird) evolved from, why do we still have Hawks and (any other bird you can name)?"

-Well, I'm sure you can now poke your own holes in your statement.

Your replies are certainly correct, but for the sake of clarifying evolutionary theory, how would you answer the following:

How could both man and chimpanzees evolve from a single common ancestor, such as Nakalipithecus? The question basically becomes: How do evolutionary lines branch? Or, How can one species evolve into multiple other species?

It's not difficult to answer, but I'll let the evolutionists in the house handle it.

*Edit: I didn't see Martini's last post. Points #3 and 4 on that page describes it well enough.

Edited by Duh Puck