BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Code Breaking Game

Tricks90

I am currently trying to solve a code breaking game and was hoping for some other peoples inputs on part of the hints to solve this, the hints are as follows:

HINT

This one might require some schooling. So let me tell you a story. One tale of two paths that were travelled. 

It is rumored that Shakespeare was a man well known at the time of his writings.
A man who is also known for having his own ciphers. Sometimes words are confused in patterns like this: 00001. Sometimes they resemble patterns such as this 001. Sometimes some of the aforementioned patterns resemble binary and other times they are just patterns. 

Regardless our "Shakespeare" met 3 men on the road to Walzenlage. He asked the first, "Um, can
you point me to the local kehr, or even the walze, if you will?" To which the man responded, "To be or not to be."

To the second man he asked, "Hello friend! Mr. Grund was it? Yes I have just seen the most incredible thing on the St. Ellung!" The man replied, "I have no cares for such matters! I am busy practicing my ABC's."

To the third man he said, "From you, I'll buy that ring. As you've surely heard, I've made a fortune on St. Ellung!" The man replied, "A ring. A fortune. A good transaction."

Our "Shakespeare" then began his message to the pope with, "A-B as C-D but I am not yet sure what to do with U and V"

The reply from the pope was, "A long time ago it was 6 B.C. Do not fret over i and j, nor U and V as you can see, they are each their own. All that matters is that N=1. It may be wise to occasionally ignore the 13th word in a sentence. If you ever happen upon this number, '9304121' remember there are actually two zeros between three and four. This of course is to distinguish between a rectangle and a square."

On the seal of the pope's letter was the following inscription: C Y EDH XCD E DEGO BHII OGC
Under that in letters written with a quill was the following: I KHOI O. JE LJO II J AL. OI JRWO H.

Look closely for a good start.
Under most rocks things hide.
From nothing.
To something.
Wise men seek.
And wise men find.
Forget what is forgotten.
Future or past.
Even the sky is blue at 3pm

END OF HINT

I have a few theories of my own at present but have yet to find anything valuable from them I believe this could be using 2 cyphers one being baconian using IJUV as their own value. (I have also considered that the baconian value is chopped down to the last 3 characters) then also enigma using the settings listed bellow. I feel the number "9304121" could equal a text value which i have yet to find in any of my workings. Bellow i have listed my workings so far.

My workings

Enigma Settings
WALZENLAGE - 3
UMKEHRWALZE - b
GRUNDSTELLUNG - ABC
RINGSTELLUNG - AAA
STECKERVERBINDUNGEN - A-B == C-D

inscription in baconian: AAABA BBAAA AABAA AAABB AABBB BABBB AAABA AAABB AABAA AAABB AABAA AABBA ABBBA AAAAB AABBB ABAAA ABAAA ABBBA AABBA AAABA
    result in enigma : curkv mgmbi lxipl rooko fixgw gtaxw wcvpm jyvvz drmyn ydban dfyyb udztt yzdkr fnidr zbena kmtej qnchz irunm xcfky iyzxc

inscription in baconian (13th removed): AAABA BBAAA AABAA AAABB AABBB BABBB AAABA AAABB AABAA AAABB AABAA AABBA AAAAB AABBB ABAAA ABAAA ABBBA AABBA AAABA
    result in enigma: curkv mgmbi lxipl rooko fixgw gtaxw wcvpm jyvvz drmyn ydban dfyyb udztt yffsd fncpr zaukb kmtej qnfyz ikunm xcqky

inscription in baconian (stripped to 3): ABA AAA BAA ABB BBB BBB ABA ABB BAA ABB BAA BBA BBA AAB BBB AAA AAA BBA BBA ABA
    result in enigma : cqrpv pgmbi ojimw umyqo fixgw ntbxw mcvpj jwoto dsmif ydbbd duyya hdutt

inscription in baconian (stripped to 3 13th removed): ABA AAA BAA ABB BBB BBB ABA ABB BAA ABB BAA BBA AAB BBB AAA AAA BBA BBA ABA
    result in enigma : cqrpv pgmbi ojimw umyqo fixgw ntbxw mcvpj jyvvz mslyn ydban duyyb hd

Quill Code : I KHOI O. JE LJO II J AL. OI JRWO H.
quill Code in baconian : ABAAA ABAAB AABBB ABBAB ABAAA ABBAB ABAAA AABAA ABABA ABAAA ABBAB ABAAA ABAAA ABAAA AAAAA ABABA ABBAB ABAAA ABAAA BAAAA BABAA ABBAB AABBB
    result in enigma : cqrpv pgmbd lximw rmyqo fzhwq nvaew wvvzm jyoto dslin yebbd duyya uuuct yzfsr fzidp zbukb kmttj qnfhr irkim xuqyy hyzoc gcvlo hcogn yewvc

quill Code in baconian (13th Removed): ABAAA ABAAB AABBB ABBAB ABAAA ABBAB ABAAA AABAA ABABA ABAAA ABBAB ABAAA ABAAA AAAAA ABABA ABBAB ABAAA ABAAA BAAAA BABAA ABBAB AABBB
    result in enigma : rimhy egldj cqrpv pgmbd lximw rmyqo fzhwq nvaew wvvzm jyoto dslin yebbd duyya uuuct yzfsr fnidp zaunb kmrel qnchz irkim kcqyy hyqoc wfvls hdotn

quill Code in baconian(stripped to 3): AAA AAB BBB BAB AAA BAB AAA BAA ABA AAA BAB AAA AAA AAA AAA ABA BAB AAA AAA AAA BAA BAB BBB
    result in enigma : curpv mgqad ljppl uoyqe fzhwq gtbej mcxzm jyvto drlyn yebad cfzyb uduct mffkr qzcp

quill Code in baconian(stripped to 3 13th removed): AAA AAB BBB BAB AAA BAB AAA BAA ABA AAA BAB AAA AAA AAA ABA BAB AAA AAA AAA BAA BAB BBB
    result in enigma : curpv mgqad ljppl uoyqe fzhwq gtbej mcxzm jyvto drlin gdabd dfzyb udzct mfdkd q

Combined : C Y EDH XCD E DEGO BHII OGC I KHOI O. JE LJO II J AL. OI JRWO H.
Code in baconian: AAABA BBAAA AABAA AAABB AABBB BABBB AAABA AAABB AABAA AAABB AABAA AABBA ABBBA AAAAB AABBB ABAAA ABAAA ABBBA AABBA AAABA ABAAA ABABA AABBB ABBBA ABAAA ABBBA ABAAB AABAA ABABB ABAAB ABBBA ABAAA ABAAA ABAAB AAAAA ABABB ABBBA ABAAA ABAAB BAAAB BABBA ABBBA AABBB
    result in enigma: curkv mgmbi lxipl rooko fixgw gtaxw wcvpm jyvvz drmyn ydban dfyyb udztt yzdkr fnidr zbena kmtej qnchz irunm xcfky iyzxc wfmlo hchtj yewvc dyxvt hlhms mqiyh vjydv ofuco jmbhg caunc cvmdj cyner qwntn yabiz mgrpz pgcrh tohoz kizdy gvyzv gttos qusat dcfmg vmfcr

Code in baconian (13th removed): AAABA BBAAA AABAA AAABB AABBB BABBB AAABA AAABB AABAA AAABB AABAA AABBA AAAAB AABBB ABAAA ABAAA ABBBA AABBA AAABA ABAAA ABABA AABBB ABBBA ABAAA ABBBA ABAAB AABAA ABABB ABAAB ABBBA ABAAA ABAAA ABAAB AAAAA ABABB ABBBA ABAAA ABAAB BAAAB BABBA ABBBA AABBB
    result in enigma: curkv mgmbi lxipl rooko fixgw gtaxw wcvpm jyvvz drmyn ydban dfyyb udztt yffsd fncpr zaukb kmtej qnfyz ikunm xcqky ijzoc wfmyo hdotn ywwvs dyeht hlqys mqsrl vsrdk ouhyh jmbjg cacmt cvygj cyner qwntk ybbiw mdrdc pgtro totcz kizdw khyzv gtqzn kzsat dqfml

Code in baconian(stripped to 3): ABA AAA BAA ABB BBB BBB ABA ABB BAA ABB BAA BBA BBA AAB BBB AAA AAA BBA BBA ABA AAA ABA BBB BBA AAA BBA AAB BAA ABB AAB BBA AAA AAA AAB AAA ABB BBA AAA AAB AAB BBA BBA BBB
    result in enigma: cqrpv pgmbi ojimw umyqo fixgw ntbxw mcvpj jwoto dsmif ydbbd duyya hdutt yffsd fzcpr xbukb umtej inchz rrkif kuqyy iyzoc wfmlo hcotn yesls dyehy vlhyn mqiy

Code in baconian(stripped to 3 then 13th removed): ABA AAA BAA ABB BBB BBB ABA ABB BAA ABB BAA BBA AAB BBB AAA AAA BBA BBA ABA AAA ABA BBB BBA AAA BBA AAB BAA ABB AAB BBA AAA AAA AAB AAA ABB BBA AAA AAB AAB BBA BBA BBB
    result in enigma: cqrpv pgmbi ojimw umyqo fixgw ntbxw mcvpj jyvvz mslyn ydban duyyb hduct yzfkd qzcdp zbenb kdrtj qmfyz irunm xcqyy iyzxc wcmys dchgj yesvs dyxvt vlhyn r

Other workings

N = 1
MNOPQRSTUV

9304121        93004121
VPMQNON        VPMMQNON

Thanks for any help

Edited by Tricks90

One question immediately stands out...

Spoiler

What of the Luftwaffe? Hardly seems a coincidence, but maybe a hint to use an Air Force key list. I'll look over what you have so far.

Also. Where is the rest of your Walzenlage? Have you determined a wheel order from the hints?

Edited by Prof. Templeton

On 7/3/2018 at 4:06 PM, Prof. Templeton said:

One question immediately stands out...

Hide contents

What of the Luftwaffe? Hardly seems a coincidence, but maybe a hint to use an Air Force key list. I'll look over what you have so far.

Also. Where is the rest of your Walzenlage? Have you determined a wheel order from the hints?

I assumed that it was just 1 2 3 for the Walzenlage

also for the STECKERVERBINDUNGEN i have also started to consider that a = b & c = d rather than a = c & b = d

Useful tool for enigma

with the above tool i use enigma 1

further to this i have another hint 

"What are now letters must eventually become numbers before they can become words"

plus the final codes that i am looking to unscramble are 

Code: 
Section 1: AFBAJNXAESRQLKLARXLUNTUGVWVVPMGMGKVADRFGJTVYYGPPVBUQDNCFWJYTKWNBVJSWRS
Section 2: WNESSZMKOQQESCYMEXKNIZGAIHAVHBTSPHRCVUNYFZLPCGEZSEQ

The creator of this code game sent me the following 

"overall you should be looking for clues of what types of ciphers are used rather than trying to unscramble scrambled things, once have worked through the ciphers, it will be close to clear what to do" He has also basically clarified that the enigma cypher and baconian cypher are used but there is clearly at least another one in there which is holding me back from any progress