BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Tempus fugit

bonanova

I was born at 11:35pm Central time in the United States on yesterday's date. The fact that I now live in the Eastern time zone might have moved my birthday to today's date. IDK. I don't know how these things work, nor in the grand scheme whether it even matters. I suspect it doesn't. The point of writing this, is the shock I had last night when friends took me out to dinner, good chicken and ribs btw, and one of them said to me, so you're __ years old now. My reaction was to say "no way" until I realized they had it right. And I thought once again about my mortality. My grandfather lived to within days of his 100th birthday, and I've always had it in the back of my mind that I would finish that journey in his honor -- even tho it might entail outliving certain government benefits. But one never knows. BrainDen community lost SuperPrismatic this year, at an age much less than mine at present.

But not to be morbid. Que sera, sera, and let's celebrate the day, each day. I heard from all my children and grandchildren yesterday, and life is good. ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Morality is interesting, and though I'm not in a place where its present on my mind, it's interesting to look at this website as a time capsule of growing up and growing older. It's odd to think that whatever traces we leave in the world, whether in real life or online, outlive us