BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VIII: Tom and Jerry Mafia

I have to disagree. If Jerry outs himself, he is putting himself in danger. If tole is Jerry, there is no one who can truthfuly claim. And if tole isn't Jerry, then odds are she is a baddie and should thus be killed. No need for Jerry to put himself at risk, especially with Tom alive.

he can save himself from NK .easily.

if trol is not lying we have nthg to worry about if he is,jerry must do it ,SC think about it,we will remove a baddie or Tom so we will have 2 out of 3 left!

and btw it's hard to figure roles with only few people talking here

I have to disagree. If Jerry outs himself, he is putting himself in danger. If tole is Jerry, there is no one who can truthfuly claim. And if tole isn't Jerry, then odds are she is a baddie and should thus be killed. No need for Jerry to put himself at risk, especially with Tom alive.

@sak - I'm a little confused what you are suggesting people do here. It seems like your creating an atmosphere of doubt, if no one counterclaims you can say it is because the "real Jerry" is just avoiding risk rather than the fact that there is no other Jerry because I am, in fact, Jerry.

he can save himself from NK .easily.

if trol is not lying we have nthg to worry about if he is,jerry must do it ,SC think about it,we will remove a baddie or Tom so we will have 2 out of 3 left!

and btw it's hard to figure roles with only few people talking here

I think there's a little flaw in that I will get lynched though I am telling the truth and you will be down one goodie and not necessarily closer to finding any baddies.

Just to be clear, if I am lyched and found to be Jerry who will you suspect next? Will it be Sak, as I suggest, or Hidden G?

Changing my vote to create a tie again. Coin flip says 'Cat' - no offense Cat but I had to tie it up somehow.

If tole is not Jerry, then the real Jerry needs to counterclaim ASAP!

Hosts: kristmark1 and Maurice

1. plasmid - voting for s-chan

2. tolecnal- voting for s-chan

3. Hidden G - voting for tolecnal

4. Tralala!- voting for Hidden G

5. mboon - voting for Cat

6. smoth - voting for Cat

7. Sakura-chan - voting for tolecnal

8. 'Cat'astrophe voting for tolecnal

9. MiKi - voting for Cat

How can Jerry save himself from the Night Kill? You're confusing me, Hidden. All the logic in your post really confuses me.O_o

I'm not suggesting anything. I merely stated the facts.

Why would I be suspected? I've said someone can spy on me, but you advised against that. Even if you are Jerry, it doesn't make me guilty or even suspicious. We've got my action that I know went through and two other people who claim to know who was directed-someone other than me. I just can't figure out why you would lie.

TO JERRY

all i know is that i'm redirected.

so u might be speaking the truth,but who knows!.

Jerry , TOLL is claiming ur role ,u should out yourself,if you are afraid of getting NK ,u have a save and ur redirect.

even if u will die,as a result of saying ur yourself,then we would have known a baddie and lynched him.

SO please,if jerry is another one ,out yourself , cz if u don't i will change my vote from Tol,and if we loose and we find out that Tol is not Jerry,it's your fault !!!

to all:don't tie,tom has a v manip

HG, I am confused, how would your plan stop tom's VM?

Smoth, why would you do that? Have you been listening to anything we've been saying? We CAN'T risk a tie. Someone can change it last minute, and Tom can use one of his abilities to get someone killed. And he most likely will, since his win condition probably has something to do with killing Jerry. We need to be in control.

Smoth, why would you do that? Have you been listening to anything we've been saying? We CAN'T risk a tie. Someone can change it last minute, and Tom can use one of his abilities to get someone killed. And he most likely will, since his win condition probably has something to do with killing Jerry. We need to be in control.

Because no one is counterclaimining Jerry. I disagree with your logic on it being a bad idea for Jerry to out himself if he/she is not Tole. Ergo, until there is counterclaim I believe Tole that she is saying she is Jerry.

If no one counterclaims I think it is bad to lynch her when she is claiming a goodie. Remember, no one is dead yet, so if she is not Jerry, the real Jerry is alive and can counterclaim.

I don't think a flash vote to kill a goodie is a bad thing - it tells us who a baddie is (or Tom)!

As for the Tom VM, he/she can do that now to create a tie if they don't want Tole lynched. If we have a tie and he/she acts that gives us more information. Besides, if (as you speculate) Tom's WC is to kill Jerry he/she can use their VM to break the tie anyway. Why make Tom's job easier - force him/her to act and give us info.

I think either of those is far better than lynching someone who is claiming Jerry when there is no counterclaim out there.

As Jerry I redirected Sak to Plasmid, which suggests, since Meathead is the only person who acted on plasmid, that you are Meathead. Unless my redirect bounced from you to someone else, nothing proves you are not Meathead. So I'm curious if I am lynch and found to be Jerry doesn't that suggest that I told the truth about my action and you are Meathead?

I also take back the thing about not spying Sak or my self. The spy should spy whoever they want, the fact that people suggest another redirect is involved means the case wasn't as closed as I thought.

Guys and gals,

Sine I was away for most of the day (I had rugby training) can someone fill me up on what's going on?

Yes I will try to read the pages myself, but I might not have that much time.

And why do you disagree with my logic? How does Jerry benefit from counter-claiming in this scenario? He would know tole is lying and therefore likely bad, so why not let her get lynched? Speaking up can only put him in danger. If the Mafia doesn't kill him, it's quite possible Tom will. He still has some secret ability we don't know about. It's a bad idea for him to come forward right now.

Anyone can claim to be a goodie. No one is going to seriously claim to be one of the bad guys. tole's story has a lot of problems. You've got two people who say they know the person who was redirected wasn't me, and I know I wasn't redirected. That's three people casting doubt on her story. If she really is Jerry, then why would she lie about redirecting me?

The good guys should stay on top of the lynch. We don't know what Tom's win condition is or what he might pull. And we can't be certain someone won't switch votes at the last minute. It's easy for you to not care, because you're life isn't in danger. But mine is, and so is Cat's. We need to keep control of the lynch in goodie hands.

Also I started to notice so many logic flaws that well...

You should always have in mind that there is a secret ability out there. Just because you don't know what it is does, doesn't mean you should ignore it. For all you know, it may give Tom the power to change everybody's actions. (It's not that because he would be overpowered, but still...)

yeah ok....hmmm.....so looks like the identity of Jerry is the hot topic ryt now...

My observations:

1. Tole claimed jerry's role

2. Tra is the only person who hasnt yet answered after the aforementioned claim..

3. tole's been pushing a lot for people to lynch her

That being highly suspicious...the most likely role of tole is Tom...with her wincon being something really weird....

However... this theory has a lot of loopholes....how would tole know Tra would be kinda inactive(assuming she is jerry) and what kind of a wincon would have her being lynched D1?? Doesnt add up....

That would imply she actually is Jerry...which would mean G was lying and also that S-chan is a baddie..

Another theory is that tom has a special ability which would be something like mirror whatever is being targetted on a person to another..in this case tole redirected s-chan and that was mirrored on G....in which case G is not lying but s-chan is a baddie..

Nothing conclusive here...except the fact that

1. If Tra confirms she is NOT Jerry...we can establish FOR SURE tole is Jerry

2. If tole is indeed Jerry..then that would imply s-chan is a baddie..(unless we take in another kind of special ability..sigh!)***

***Psst...I would appreciate if the tied lynch vote is removed off me..makes me all sweaty... :ph34r::unsure:

How can Jerry save himself from the Night Kill? You're confusing me, Hidden. All the logic in your post really confuses me.O_o

I'm not suggesting anything. I merely stated the facts.

Why would I be suspected? I've said someone can spy on me, but you advised against that. Even if you are Jerry, it doesn't make me guilty or even suspicious. We've got my action that I know went through and two other people who claim to know who was directed-someone other than me. I just can't figure out why you would lie.

jerry can redirect the save to him.and cuckoo isn't so stupid to not save him .

and a reminder do not tie,tom will act

>_> That makes no sense.

Tralala saying she isn't Jerry would NOT confirm that tole is Jerry. And why on earth would tole being Jerry mean I'm most likely a bad guy? We've got THREE people who are casting doubt on tole's story. tole definitely did NOT redirect me. And I've even said that Quacker can spy on me.

Like I said, though, time is of the utmost importance. Sure, we have hours left, but that can fly by. People need to sleep, and even when other people get around to posting their thoughts, we will have to deal with no only what they say, but how they vote. I don't want to end up getting lynched.@_@

S-chan....I am not saying tole's story is true..i'm just stating some possibilities.

Of course there could be a possibility that ALL of us are going in the wrong direction and there was a high amount of redirection special ability chaos out there which is beyond our scope to guess...

WIFOMing is something I learnt about just now....Could s-chan telling quacker to spy her be WIFOMing?? Of course this is only a possibilty s-chan..i am not targetting you..as you can see my vote remains on tole...

@G: I did read 10 pages!! :P

tol and SC ,i say we stop fir a bit to see what the others have to say ,cz it seems we are in a circle,and we are not getting to anything!

It would help if others were posting too. I know time zones / school / work are affecting some (at least I assume that is the case).

It would help if others were posting too. I know time zones / school / work are affecting some (at least I assume that is the case).

i was away for about 14hrs ,as i said before,but i have those hours to play maifa(btw i didn't study much just to play,yes,i hope i won't have lot's of stuff to do when this mafia is over :S ,HELP )