BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

8 answers to this question

in prison. Apparently it is wise to ask a girl for her identification before taking things too far.

Well, either in prison, on the run, or in a country with a lower age of consent than the UK or USA!

Well, if Mary is 25 now (and Jill 10), this would work. ie 5 years ago, Mary was 20 and Jill 5 (and father 25) - that is four times her age. And in 5 years' time Mary will be 30 and Jill 15 (half her age). So I don't see what the answer can be. The now 30 year old father could be anywhere!

Most likely, he's in jail.

Currently, Jill is 10, Mary is 25, and father is 30.

Five years ago, Jill was 5, Mary was 20 (4 times Jill), father was 25 (five times Jill).

Five years from now, Jill will be 15, Mary will be 30 (twice Jill), and father will be 35.

That means that when Jill was born, Mary was 15 (a minor) and father was 20. Bad idea. Though, I'm not really sure what the sentence is for that. Could be less than 10 years. :unsure:

Equations:

4(J-5) = M-5

5(J-5) = F-5

2(J+5) = M+5

in Prison is correct. Many of you got it; perhaps it wasn't fair because in some countries "15 gets you 20" isn't true. Apologies for that. And thanks for not chastising me for a politically incorrect puzzle.