BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I would like to see an option that allows one to see how the post would look posted BEFORE it is posted. This would allow one to worry less about a time limit, as one can make the necessary adjustments to a post before a time limit becomes a function of the post.

It would be nice if one can edit their own post. I can understand that one's post might be referred to by another and this is why their is a time limit in place. But perhaps one can flag that post as one that is invalid. Future posters who read it then should know that they should not reply or refer to it, and may just skip it when reading posts.

When posting to a puzzle forum, posts should be SPOILER's by default. this way newbies would not be posting answers unhidden in ignorance. A button to remove the outside opening/closing spoiler tags might be made available if one was posting an unhidden comment.

3 answers to this question

You can do this by going to your Messenger (in the drop down menu under your name in the upper right hand corner) and "compose new". think you have to enter an addressee which I also think can be yourself if you dont want to take a chance on accidently sending it to someone and you might also need a subject. you can then use the preview button to see how the post will look. you can also save it and open it up in your drafts later. There is also a place under My Settings/Edit Settings/My Notes but dont think there is a preview option there.

I saw the preview post button, but only now after my post did I see where I can preview. It is not intuitive that the preview is near the top, separated by the other posts. For one new here it is a learning experience.

It would be helpful if there was an explanation or link to an explanation in the READ BEFORE POSTING link that explained how to use the post editor and options. If there is one, it is not easy to find.