BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

There are three people as listed below:

1. Dumb
  2. Blind
  3. Blind's Mother

They are on a long long trip, and they have no one accompanying them i.e. they are all alone. They have nothing except food and drink. Now, unfortunately, the Blind's Mother dies. How will the dumb tell the blind that his mother had died?

Have fun!

Edited by Arsalan Masood

21 answers to this question

the dumb simply told the blind because he's blind not death.

dumb means not able to talk, or mute.

He asks someone else to tell Blind that Blind's mother is dead using sign language. As they are on a bus, there is bound to be at least one other person: the driver.

edit: ah, it feels good to answer riddles again. :)

Edited by MissKitten

I guess eventually Blind will talk to his mother and she won't answer, then Dumb will hold his hand and he'll be like "mom, is that you?" but Dumb won't say anything and Blind will realize what happened. Very sad.

or

They're not blind and dumb at all, it's just their names.

It was the blind's mother who served them both drinks and food.When the time for next meal comes , dumb(knowing that blind's mother is dead)will arrange the food in wrong way( in a way to which blind is not accustomed to).Blind would immediately know that something is wrong. This would make him to ask something( anything like "why you arranged my food that way")But when he won't get any reply, he would be sure that his mother is not there and from the fact that there is no one else other than the dumb who was accompanying them (and that he couldn't communicate in any other way but through actions), he could deduct that it was him who served him the food and his mother died.

The phrase "How will the dumb tell the blind that his mother had died?", indicates that dumb knows that his mother died. If he was stupid,then can't it be possible that he won't know his mother died.

Maybe dumb means stupid not mute...

I like the answer that it was "just their names" but assuming that that's not the answer, there will be 1/3 more food available at meal time. Perhaps Blind will realize his ration has grown and put 2+2 together.

It's an interesting riddle!

Since he is blind, I assume that his two companions hold his hands when they travel. All the stupid companion has to do is hold his hand without the mother and the blind man will understand.

please use spoilers when you guess, it ruins other people's chances of guessing when they can see the answer.

yeaaa my apologies.. that was actually the first response to a riddle i ever posted on this website and was unaware of the spoiler option. i figured it out almost immediately after. sorry about that.