BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia 2

Yes, their vote is no longer counted as they are immediately taken as the post showed. Yes, they lose their ability that night and it can't be stolen by the theif. They are technically out of the game while captured.

Ya missed my question! =(

Question: if the town guard protects a baddie, is the baddie still protected, and does the town guard still die?

Second question I just thought of: if a person is killed, his action still takes place, right?

Wow, I really don't understand that one. Capture GM to break the tie and leave scsw exposed for tonight??? Is it possible the baddies stole the Prince's abilities? If so, would the real Prince be allowed to say so w/o suffering the penalty of revealing their role?

I addressed this in one of my earlier posts. The cleric can't cover GM tonight, so it makes more sense for the Prince to cover GM and let the cleric take tpaxatb, even if GM is the exile. The only potential problem is if the cleric gets stopped somehow, like the bard.

The votes for DD do seem strange. Slick's flip flopping also seems strange. But I don't know what either of those things mean

tpaxatb is the night, and he believes that he was targeted by the thief, so I'm guessing that if you're targeted by the thief you're informed by a PM? Anyway... the baddies have two kills tonight. So unless our bard and cleric get incredibly lucky... crap. Crap. Craaaap.

Edited by DarthNoob

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A necessity vote. I'm willing to give a hint, but little more. Slick would've been jealous of me last night. That's enough to figure out exactly what my role is ;)

Is that referring to something learned in another game, like a kinda role akaslickster likes, or no?

tpaxatb is the night, and he believes that he was targeted by the thief, so I'm guessing that if you're targeted by the thief you're informed by a PM? Anyway... the baddies have two kills tonight. So unless our bard and cleric get incredibly lucky... crap. Crap. Craaaap.

@DN, relax. You drew a lot of attention to yourself being skittish and your defense was all over the place. This is a larger game, so goodies can suffer a few losses, more so than small games. Today's voting pattern told us some, so the Sage and Tower Guard have potential targets.

Tpax targeted by the thief? Don't think so. No. The thief gets to use the ability on the same night/day. So the fact that tpaxatb's role is known to all means that he may be targeted for a role steal and used to kill. In other words, he can be a liability right now. The baddies can effectively get two kills tonight, and I doubt that they will want to kill tpax. The only other person that might want to kill him is the Exile, who is afraid of the 2 kills / night by the mafia crossfires and kills him. So healers, choose well the coming night.

@PM: Am I right to assume that the only thing to save from a steal is the Prince's arrest and a block to the thief? The other saves such as town guard does not override the stealing ability?

This is a list of the Day 1's actions. I've been looking for patterns, but I couldn't find anything, and I was doing a little back and forth, so I made up this list to analyze, and I figure other goodies could use it too.

Sorry no colors. They stayed in Open Office, but they obviously don't translate into here. -.-

1.DudleyDude - votes for SG

2.GMaster479 - voting for NoobishDarth

3.JarZe - voting for DudleyDude

4.SG - voting for NoobishDarth

5.EDM - voting for DudleyDude

6.scsw - voting for NoobishDarth

7.riranor - voting for JarZe

8.MrsP - voting for SG

1. GMaster479 - voting for NoobishDarth

2. scsw - voting for NoobishDarth

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude - voting for SG

5. SG - voting for NoobishDarth

6. riranor - voting for JarZe

7. Crazypainter – DEAD (Killed by Exile protecting tpaxatb) Squire

8. JarZe - voting for DudleyDude

9. Derrai

10. MrsP - voting for SG

11. EDM - voting for DudleyDude

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

9.GMaster479 – CHANGE - voting for SG

10.SG – CHANGE - voting for DudleyDude

11.NoobishDarth - voting for JarZe

12.Derrai - voting for JarZe

13.woon - voting for JarZe

14.tpaxatb - voting for DudleyDude

1. GMaster479 - voting for SG

3. tpaxatb - voting for DudleyDude

5. SG - voting for DudleyDude

9. Derrai - voting for JarZe

10. MrsP - voting for SG

12. NoobishDarth - voting for JarZe

13. woon - voting for JarZe

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

15.woon – CHANGE - voting for SG

16.akaslickster-voting for-EDM

17.akaslickster- CHANGE - voting for- Riranor

18.akaslickster- CHANGE - voting for- Mrsp

19.GMaster479 {Captured by the Prince}

20.tpaxatb - CHANGE - voting for NoobishDarth

1. GMaster479 {Captured by the Prince}

3. tpaxatb - - voting for NoobishDarth

5. SG - voting for DudleyDude

9. Derrai - voting for JarZe

10. MrsP - voting for SG

12. NoobishDarth - voting for JarZe

13. woon - voting for SG

14. akaslickster- voting for- Mrsp

15. Randro

Really busy, long day, eh?

Randro never voted, we're losing EDM, next post coming!

Edited by DarthNoob

Day 1 – Indecisive much...?

The villagers all gathered together in the town square to discuss who they would vote for the lynch. The day started with just random votes to get people talking. And as more and more people began to talk accusations began to be thrown about. DarthNoob was the first to fall under fire.

“You sound as if you’re claiming a role that someone has already claimed,” came the argument from SomeGuy.

“I don’t see anyone else claiming anything else and besides, I’m not claiming only one thing, I’m hinting at many possibilities,” was DarthNoob’s response to the accusation.

The arguments seemed to go back and forth for much of the day. Arguments of who was claiming what, who was who, who did what...On and on. The only break in the whole thing was when the Royal Guards came in to take away Gmaster on the Prince’s orders.

And as the sun set on the village, they had still not come to a clear decision as it all ended in a 3 way tie between SG, JarZe, and DudleyDude...

Host and Game Master: Marth

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

Kinda short but since there was no actual highest vote, I didn’t really have much to work with to make a nice long death scene *evil laugh* *coughcough* Uhhh...Anywho...Night 2 technically begins now...But won’t end until I have the replacements I need and they get their actions in to me.

Well it doesn't seem like they were heard, what exactly are you doing???

Sorry guys, I have been being busy for whole week cause tons and tons of report and presentation need to be prepared just because big boss is coming! :(

I admit I didn't read all the post and just vote by random. It is not fair I knew. If PM not going to post the result soon, then maybe I will change my vote this late afternoon.

Truely Deeply sorry guys, :(

@DN, relax. You drew a lot of attention to yourself being skittish and your defense was all over the place. This is a larger game, so goodies can suffer a few losses, more so than small games. Today's voting pattern told us some, so the Sage and Tower Guard have potential targets.

Tpax targeted by the thief? Don't think so. No. The thief gets to use the ability on the same night/day. So the fact that tpaxatb's role is known to all means that he may be targeted for a role steal and used to kill. In other words, he can be a liability right now. The baddies can effectively get two kills tonight, and I doubt that they will want to kill tpax. The only other person that might want to kill him is the Exile, who is afraid of the 2 kills / night by the mafia crossfires and kills him. So healers, choose well the coming night.

@PM: Am I right to assume that the only thing to save from a steal is the Prince's arrest and a block to the thief? The other saves such as town guard does not override the stealing ability?

This was why i wanted to know about the prince's ability...Regardless of the logic used to choose to protect GM (although there is a 1 in 4 chance of the prince found some info), the prince has left open the possibility of two kills by the baddies plus one by the exile.

You're absolutely right, I am a liability right now, which is why i am somewhat frustrated. I was trying to hint to our protectors that it may be best to kidnap me, to reduce the number of kills on this night. Especially this early in the game, when I am less likely to use my ability anyway. Now, the GOOD thing is that the thief cannot target me twice in a row. However, as the game wears on, the prince will no longer be able to protect me, since protecting me will also cause me to lose my ability....

<shrug> What I really miss is my sounding board (CP) :unsure:

(Edit: remove a misunderstanding of scsw's question)

Edited by tpaxatb

If I missed any questions, please post them now so I can get them cleared up.

Once more:

If the town guard protects a baddie, is the baddie still protected, and does the town guard still die?

If a person is killed, his action still takes place, right?

I guess it was thanks to me for voting weird to avoid lynching a goodie. That was my philosophy. I still will choose to pal up with JarZe. I am content with him as a goodie.thumbsup.gif

Why?

Once more:

If the town guard protects a baddie, is the baddie still protected, and does the town guard still die?

Yes the baddie is protected and the Town Guard dies.

If a person is killed, his action still takes place, right?

Yes, their action still takes place the night they're killed.

Right guys, i seem to be back in the game! I can only play till monday tho, so i dont no if PM wants me 2 play now and give him time 2 get a sub or what. just 2 let u know. ill PM him my night action as normal, and if he gets someone else right away then they can change it. Id really like 2 play so if u guys want me i will stay on till monday (im going away for 4 days btw)

Guys, I feel like an idiot.

I just read over the night post and realized that the sage targeted SG.

And I just realized that SomeGuy was the original person I misunderstood, concerning the entire "claiming" thing, not JarZe. Not to say JarZe's a goodie, like slick's mysteriously claiming (because how could he know? The sage targeted SG!), but that I should have been voting for SomeGuy the entire day, not JarZe.

How did I make that mistake? -.-

I'm guessing that SG was guessing I am the sage. (This post would indicate otherwise, but maybe I'm lying just to hide my role). That would explain his "Suffice it to say that if you and the other person I'm thinking of [me] are both being honest, then one of you should likely be speaking up more." comment, because if I was the sage I'd be trying to communicate to him that I know his role.

I think that had SG been a baddie, the sage would have tried to push for SG's lynch a little. DD and MrsP were the first to vote for him (MrsP has been quiet), then GM and woon changed their votes to SG, then GM was captured. Could SG be the king? Or just a lucky baddie? JarZe could potentially be the sage.

Also, I think slick is claiming to have knowledge he can't possibly have... even if he was the tower guard and saw somebody target SG, it might have been the thief, rather than the sage. Then again, it might have also been the bard or town guard (these guards get really confusing, btw!). Hm. Just realized there's 5 baddies, not 4 (in an earlier post I said 4, because I wasn't counting the recruit). A 1/4 chance of being good is much better than an 8/15 chance of being goodie, but I'm certain that this 1/4 chance can't be taken for certain.

But if slick was a baddie, would he even be saying this? Maybe slick is the thief, found out JarZe's role last night, and is protecting JarZe just because he's a weak goodie, and because protecting a goodie would make him look like a goodie also.

Heh.

At least I'm back into crazy-tons-of-speculation mode.

Also, slick, it's invincible, not invincable. =/

It certainly wouldn't be the first game that I had been spied on in N1, and generally speaking if I AM spied on N1, and am bad, then the spy will not allow me to make it through D1. However, DN, I do not think you are the Sage. I think that perhaps you were claiming to be the Sage at one point, but then, apparently that is not the case. *shrug* Also, I have a scenario that helps make the whole thing make sense (and think I have 3-4 people's roles nailed down), but detailing it gives a little too much RID fodder, so, I won't go into it. The Tower Guard is involved, however.

Guys, I feel like an idiot.

I just read over the night post and realized that the sage targeted SG.

And I just realized that SomeGuy was the original person I misunderstood, concerning the entire "claiming" thing, not JarZe. Not to say JarZe's a goodie, like slick's mysteriously claiming (because how could he know? The sage targeted SG!), but that I should have been voting for SomeGuy the entire day, not JarZe.

How did I make that mistake? -.-

I'm guessing that SG was guessing I am the sage. (This post would indicate otherwise, but maybe I'm lying just to hide my role). That would explain his "Suffice it to say that if you and the other person I'm thinking of [me] are both being honest, then one of you should likely be speaking up more." comment, because if I was the sage I'd be trying to communicate to him that I know his role.

I think that had SG been a baddie, the sage would have tried to push for SG's lynch a little. DD and MrsP were the first to vote for him (MrsP has been quiet), then GM and woon changed their votes to SG, then GM was captured. Could SG be the king? Or just a lucky baddie? JarZe could potentially be the sage.

Also, I think slick is claiming to have knowledge he can't possibly have... even if he was the tower guard and saw somebody target SG, it might have been the thief, rather than the sage. Then again, it might have also been the bard or town guard (these guards get really confusing, btw!). Hm. Just realized there's 5 baddies, not 4 (in an earlier post I said 4, because I wasn't counting the recruit). A 1/4 chance of being good is much better than an 8/15 chance of being goodie, but I'm certain that this 1/4 chance can't be taken for certain.

But if slick was a baddie, would he even be saying this? Maybe slick is the thief, found out JarZe's role last night, and is protecting JarZe just because he's a weak goodie, and because protecting a goodie would make him look like a goodie also.

Heh.

At least I'm back into crazy-tons-of-speculation mode.

Also, slick, it's invincible, not invincable. =/

I know how to spell it, though, by the time I went back to edit, it was too late. Enough of that.

If you are cooking up a scheme to put a baddie label on me, it won't work. You can't be a goodie if you are after one of them. I did not vote for you because I was not sure. I may have second thoughts next time. Hmmmmm.cool.gif

Edited by akaslickster

It certainly wouldn't be the first game that I had been spied on in N1, and generally speaking if I AM spied on N1, and am bad, then the spy will not allow me to make it through D1. However, DN, I do not think you are the Sage. I think that perhaps you were claiming to be the Sage at one point, but then, apparently that is not the case. *shrug* Also, I have a scenario that helps make the whole thing make sense (and think I have 3-4 people's roles nailed down), but detailing it gives a little too much RID fodder, so, I won't go into it. The Tower Guard is involved, however.

I have a feeling you and I are thinking along the same lines...

Much, much information should be obtained from the night's actions.

And...after thinking about it, I think I understand the motivations behind much of what happened during the lynch...

If you were a baddie, you'd probably say the same thing... but I think chances are you are a goodie. And if so, it's pretty cool how we have three known, well, very likely goodies that can chat (I wonder if GM's got anything useful).

I know how to spell it, though, by the time I went back to edit, it was too late. Enough of that.

If you are cooking up a scheme to put a baddie label on me, it won't work. You can't be a goodie if you are after one of them. I did not vote for you because I was not sure. I may have second thoughts next time. Hmmmmm.cool.gif

I can't be a goodie if I'm after one of who?

I'm not 'after' anyone - I don't have enough info to do that. But that doesn't mean I can't be suspicious of you. If I do start seriously coming after you, though, I'll be sure to let you know =P

I have a feeling you and I are thinking along the same lines...

Much, much information should be obtained from the night's actions.

And...after thinking about it, I think I understand the motivations behind much of what happened during the lynch...

You guys are making me feel dumb. -.-

One possibility: SG, GM, JarZe, Slick, EDM, MrsP, Randro good; DD, riranor, woon, Derrai bad.

I have a decision to make. I've already let on that I'm either the sage, cleric, or tower guard. I inadvertently let on that I'm probably not the sage. Thus, there's a 50% chance of me being a high priority target.

So, baddies, feel free to target me. It's not like I have much information anyway (as I've stated many times), so chances are I am the cleric. Plus, people got all upset when they thought I was claiming sage, but nobody else has claimed cleric. Not that I'm identifying myself, mark you. I'm just following the baddies' logical thought process. The cleric and the knight are the strongest goodies, and the thief is better off stealing the knight's skill than the cleric's (the risk of a baddie getting killed is lower than the gain from removing another goodie, and getting closer to a majority of baddies, allowing control of the lynch).

But then again, if I was the tower guard, I'd be trying to convince you baddies into thinking I'm the cleric about to save myself tonight, so that way you baddies wouldn't want to target me, and thus I get to live on.

But I was the tower guard, why would I say what I just said? And I was the cleric, why would I have just pointed that out?

Whether you target me or not, and whether I want to be targeted or not, this entire one way conversation was worth it. Why? Because now I feel like Captain Jack Sparrow. =D

EDIT: I've been playing this too much. I have the top post on the last three consecutive pages O.O

Edited by DarthNoob

@PM: Will the night end 24 hours after the day post, or are you gonna wait for all the actions?

I'm going to wait at least until I can get replacements in. I'm actually considering placing the game on hold and restarting later once I can have all steady players...But I'm not sure yet.

Clozobozo will be taking over for Randro. And Panther is taking his place back until Monday.

Host and Game Master: Marth

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM Panther

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro Clozobozo

Edited by Prince_Marth85

I got the PM from you prince but, as I read this thread I wonder if we are on the same page. I post this to let you know and all the players know that I am available as back up. You all know who I was before anyways :)