BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia II

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Egad. Wow. That wasn't confusion, that was a complete "skipped to the previous line on the role descriptions and read it wrong". Ok, so scratch all that with respect to what the recruit chose, because it's pretty clear what role would be chosen. In addition, scratch all that with odds, since the Undead Knight is still alive.

Sooooo, cleric can either go after the Undead Knight (50/50 shot) or do a save...

KC can choose either baddie and kill with a 50/50 shot.

Bard should still try to block a baddie (50/50 shot of preventing a kill)

Spies act as before.

Not to give too much away but I am assuming that the recruit, if he became the rogue, cannot choose the same person to steal that LIS stole on night two, right?

My statement about the specific scenario would still apply...

The person I worry the most about is JarZe. As you can see Sage checked on Sayalzah in night 2.

And JarZe is the first one who voted JarZe in Day 2, so I thought JarZe must be Sage and I am so confirmed that Sayalzah is baddies.

The further silent response from Sayalzah made my deduction firmed. So I trust JarZe till that point.

But now I think back, how about as everyone knew Sage checked on Sayalzah in night 2, the baddies knew there is no way Sayalzah could escape from voting, so one of them vote him first, just to be ok to performed as goodies? If that is the case, is JarZe is baddies?

JarZe, I am not 100% saying that you are baddies, just in case if I was killed by baddies tonight, other goodies can notice my thought of this. :huh:

Night 3: Finger painting…With Blood

The remaining baddies converged to talk over their night actions after loosing 2 people in one day. They knew it would be tough now considering but they had a plan and hoped they could carry it out.

The Tower Guard stood at his usual post. He had made some good checks so far and hoped that this night would prove fruitful as well. He finally spotted DudleyDude waiting for him to make any move that might lead to help determine his identity.

The recruit intended to use his newly gained powers to their fullest and moved out in search of his target. CP walked by him, thinking nothing of his presence at first but when she looked back, recognizing who it was, he had disappeared. She attributed the site to paranoia and continued walking down the street. She heard rustling in the bushes next to her and jumped. She checked in the bushes next to her and found nothing…She again attributed this to paranoia and continued once more. Suddenly the recruit appeared in front of her as she turned her attention forward once more and before she could even say a word or move, there was a dagger through her heart. She collapsed before she even knew what had happened. As she laid there, the blood trickling out, the recruit took the blood and drew out the scene that had just transpired. Who knew the recruit was such a decent painter.

The sage was quite content with his checks so far. Each one giving him more and more vital information. Medji was his target tonight and he scouted the town for him. Upon finally finding him, Medji and the Sage passed without a word, but merely a wave, he didn’t know hat the sage was actually watching him closely to determine who he was.

After the night ended and the new day was dawning, the Prince completed his interrogation of Slick and released him. As they exited the castle, they found everyone surrounding CP, looking at the gruesome picture painted into the ground by her…

1. GMaster479 - DEAD (Killed by the Undead Knight)

2. Pablos4pandas - DEAD (Killed by the Knight Captain)

3. JarZe

4. SG – DEAD (Killed by the Dark Magician)

5. Crazypainter - DEAD (Killed by the Recruit)

6. blackcat1313 - DEAD (Lynched and found to be the Town Guard)

7. woon

8. Sayalzah - DEAD (Lynched and found to be the Dark Magician)

9. tpaxatb

10. Medji

11. DudleyDude

12. Izzy – DEAD (Killed by the Rogue)

13.akaslickster

14. Framm

15. Lost in Space (LIS) - DEAD (Lynched and found to be the Rogue)

Night 3 has ended. Let Day 3 begin!

3. JarZe

7. woon

9. tpaxatb - voting for DudleyDude

10. Medji

11. DudleyDude

13.akaslickster

14. Framm

Dangit. <sigh> oh well, sorry CP that didn't work out quite as I hoped...

This vote is completely to prevent my worst case scenario from playing out...defend thyself.

Ok, I think we all know who is who by now, so there's no point in hiding our identities.

We got this in our hands already so lets get rid of the baddie that can make us more damage.

Tpax, I think at this point woon is a more dangerous baddie. We should get rid of him first so we don't have any night kills from them. We can finish this tonight with no more goodie deaths.

Any last words woon...

3. JarZe - voting for woon

7. woon

10. Medji

11. DudleyDude

13.akaslickster

14. Framm

7. woon

10. Medji - voting for JarZe

11. DudleyDude

13.akaslickster

14. Framm

JarZe, you've been in and out a lot. I think Dudley has too, but I want to know from both of you, because neither one of you has really put up any kind of useful information.

7. woon

11. DudleyDude

13.akaslickster

14. Framm

JarZe, you've been in and out a lot. I think Dudley has too, but I want to know from both of you, because neither one of you has really put up any kind of useful information.

Medji, have you even seen who I voted for the last couple of days? Have you read my posts?

I know you might be new at this, but trust me that your actions are not helping. If we didn't know who you are you would definitely be painting a target on your back.

Or did you want me to call out my role during the first day like most of the people did? That really isn't my style of play. Could you at least go through my posts so you could make an informed decision... Thank you!

JarZe, letting you know.

Either you are a baddie (and I have things backward)

Or You have two roles backward.

(Edit: My coin flip screwed me up...)

Edited by tpaxatb

Wait PM, I haven't vote.

JarZe, I use to trust you, but this time, I hope my deduction is correct!

7. woon - voting for JarZe

11. DudleyDude

13.akaslickster

14. Framm

Day 3: All Hail King Medji!

As the day began the voting started rather quickly. Tower Guard Tpax immediately began voting for The UnDudley Knight. Recruit JarZe followed quickly voting for Sage Woon saying that he wasn't the sage. But Prince (Now King) Medji knew otherwise and added his vote for Recruit JarZe. King Medji had a good feeling that the other 2 besides woon were baddies and had a plan to get rid of both of them. He quickly ordered his guards to go and capture woon...Not to investigate him, but save him from the lynch. The guards quickly complied with his orders and seized woon.

The rest of the villagers were just beginning to pour into the streets when woon was taken away. They had no idea what was even going on at that time, it was so sudden. King Medji then went to the balcony of the castle and made a decree.

"The day will end NOW! Lynch the 2 leading votes!"

Marth smiled at this outcome. Early in the game his interest was quite due to friendly fire and mistrust. But after Medji's actions the day before, his interest was restored.

Recruit JarZe and The UnDudley Knight looked at each other before charging the castle, fully intent on killing Medji for not only getting them once...But twice!

They arrived at the castle and met with no resistance as the royal guard was preoccupied with taking woon in for protection. The charged on the throne room only to be met by Captain Slick, Bard Framm, Sage Woon, Tower Guard Tpax, and King Medji himself. The two remaining baddies knew it was over but weren't going down without a fight. They charged at the group, weapons drawn. UnDudley Knight clashed with Captain Slick and Tower Guard Tpax, while Recruit JarZe met with Sage woon and Bard Framm. King Medji stood from his throne, drew a sword as well and assisted Sage Woon and Bard Framm with fighting Recruit JarZe.

The UnDudley Knight swung his sword at Captain Slick as Slick blocked with his own blade. Being a Tower Guard, Tpax was quite adept with a bow and arrow and drew out his bow, pulled an arrow from his quiver and fired it at The UnDudley Knight (Referred to as TUK from now on). TUK merely shrugged it off.

"You fool, I'm undead, and that little arrow does nothing to me."

"Well how about this then?" Captain Slick caught TUK off guard and cut right through his neck, cutting his head off. TUK's body remained still for a moment but soon began fighting still.

TUK's head looked at them and spoke, "Like I said, I'm undead, you can't stop me!"

Tpax watched the head and realized it was watching Captain Slick intently and deduced that the body knew what to do since TUK's head was still watching. Tpax quickly pulled 2 arrows from the quiver and shot them at TUK's eyes. TUK's body stopped for a moment again and then began to swing wildly.

"Ahh! My eyes! You fool! You shot my eyes!"

It was clear that because the head was still able to see, the body could still act, but now that TUK's eyes were shot out, he could no longer control the body properly. Captain Slick moved behind the wildly swinging body and began to slash the body up. The body fell to pieces and stopped moving. TUK was no longer a threat.

All the while of Tpax, Slick, and TUK's fight, the battle between Recruit JarZe (RJ), Sage Woon, Bard Framm, and King Medji ensued. While King Medji was not quite as adept as Slick with a blade, he wasn't bad by any standards. He met with RJ's blows with almost no problems. RJ however was cleverer as he had watched the Rogue intently and inherited his skills. RJ dodged away from King Medji's blows and rolled behind him. Just as he was about to strike, music began to play and RJ stopped mid swing and his feet began to move and he started to dance. Bard Framm looked at him, playing his lute. RJ tried as hard as he could but was unable to break from the magic of the lute but was unable to. Sage woon walked over and swept RJ off his feet and placed a foot on his neck.

“Do you have anything to say?”

“We will prevail. One day, this kingdom will fall and you will all p…” RJ was cut off as King Medji plunged his sword into RJ.

The Undead Knight and his men were gone and peace was once again restored to the kingdom.

The bodies of the Undead Knight’s men were disposed of and a spell placed over them so that there would be no way of them returning. The kingdom was safe. King Medji and the villagers rejoiced with a celebration in the castle ballroom.

1. GMaster479 - Squire

2. Pablos4pandas - Coroner

3. JarZe - Recruit

4. SG – King

5. Crazypainter - Cleric

6. blackcat1313 - Town Guard

7. woon - Sage

8. Sayalzah - Dark Magician

9. tpaxatb - Tower Guard

10. Medji - Prince

11. DudleyDude - Undead Knight

12. Izzy – Exile

13. akaslickster - Knight Captain

14. Framm - Bard

15. Lost in Space (LIS) - Rogue

As stated in the game posts, my interest in this game was kinda low by night 2. Friendly fire was looking quite likely. I was reading the conversation between slick and GMaster and slick had pegged EVERY baddie as a goodie. Things weren't looking well. But then on Day 2 Medji restored my interest with his skillful use of his ability that managed to get 2 baddies at once. Though, last night Framm originally targeted JarZe and I knew the goodies had it in the bag, but when Framm changed his target from JarZe to Medji, I thought the baddies were back in the game. But JarZe stole Framm's ability and used it on CP releasing Medji to use his ability again. And Medji once again used his ability to its full extent and saved woon while taking down the remaining 2 baddies in one blow. Never in my time of playing have I ever seen a day ending ability used so well. Though, if he didn't have the kidnap as well, it may not have worked as well. But I must say, well done by all both sides. Unfortunately Izzy never had a chance as the baddies stole her ability and killed her the same night. But I had fun with this one. I apologize that I was a little behind in the beginning with posts. Congrats to the goodies! Watch out for...Disgaea Mafia (Still in the works.)

Congrats goodies, well done medji, outstanding play - sorry Izzy, wanted to keep you alive, but you target me toooooo often ph34r.gif

Thanks for the game Marth.

Funny how it took ages to start, we took out four goodies and the exile, then it eas over in no time

For a moment I actually thought PM had posted an image of the painting around my dead body... I thought that this might happen...:dry:

This is getting very interesting! Sorry I am not alive to share in the glory! Yes I do think the Goodies

are going to win.

So the above post was being written when PM was posting the finale.

Great endgame guys! I did lose interest due to inactivity. Please lets have the hosts try really hard to stay active. When the host is inactive, the players kinda follow suit.

Curious, Jarze, did the baddies target me at all for the game? I had saved myself in the beginning of the last night but decided to save Tpax instead.

So good game y'all!

I really thought we were screwed when slick took out the coroner (can we make a rule that slick is not allowed a goodie kill role?? <just kidding>)...GM couldn't you talk him out of that?!?!

I am curious, though, I was trying to signal to the prince/king about the vote tie about 3 times during the lynch (the comment about needing to get lucky, the "two-for-one" comment, and especially my interjection about the tie votes when the time was ripe) ... did that affect anything, Medji, or was I being too obtuse???

My biggest worry was that the recruit would steal from Medji on the last night...Then the comments started to make me wonder what the heck I had screwed up....

I actually thought dudleydude was more dangerous than JarZe, since DD was not killable @ night.

Actually, I thought that JarZe had stolen Medji..That's why I was worried.. But it's all good :D

Stealing Medji would have been our first choice but we would only have gained the kidnap ability, not the day-ending ability. I was really worried about CP targeting herself last night (or targeting me) so we used Framm's block on her. Medji played this really well. The beginning of the game went well for us but it got quite tough after the 2nd night since most people had semi-declared their roles.