Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#341 ADParker

ADParker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:39 AM

Yes, there is a spiritual world. I am a baptist Christian who believes in heaven and hell, but not the Catholic purgatory.

The Catholics, or at least the Roman Catholics, don't believe in the Catholic purgatory anymore either. Apparently the revelation (allowing inerrant edicts) an earlier Pope had was superseded by one 'given' to the previous, which declared that there wasn't a purgatory after all. :rolleyes:
And how may RCs do you suppose kept on believing in the inerrant word of their Pope and all the rest of it anyway. :dry:

After all, the idea of purgatory was never in the Bible. There is also nothing to support the existence of ghosts.

Got ya: "If it's in the buybull it's true and really happened, if not then it's imaginary."

So you rely solely on that much edited and translated book (which version, and why?) evidence from observable reality be damned.

So; no evolution (see below of course) but rabbits really do chew their cud. :lol:

Why is only the theory of evolution only in schools?

What ARE you talking about? Only in schools?! :blink:

It has more holes in it than a Dutch dam made of Swiss cheese.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For more info about the spiritual world, see the book of Revelations.

Read it; I prefer Lord of the Rings; more realistic.

#342 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

Why is only the theory of evolution only in schools? It has more holes in it than a Dutch dam made of Swiss cheese.

Because ID has been proven to be bull sh*t countless times?
What holes? Please don't tell me you're referring to gaps in the fossil records? If you are, you'd be surprised to learn how much we would still know about our evolutionary past without them, and with fossils alone or with no fossils at all, evolution would still be completely supported. You're clearly unaware of the rigorousness of the scientific method. Scientists don't come up with things just to disprove your silly gods, most could care less. The reason evolution has survived as established fact is because there's such an overwhelming amount of evidence for it; you'd have to be a moron not to accept it. As Richard Dawkins said, "If every fossil were magicked away, the comparative study of modern organisms, of how their patterns of resemblances, especially of their genetic sequences, are distributed among species, and of how species are distributed among continents and islands, would still demonstrate, beyond all sane doubt, that our history is evolutionary, and that all living creatures are cousins. Fossils are a bonus. A welcome bonus, to be sure, but not an essential one."
Maybe, just maybe, before completely revealing your ignorance for the world to see, read a book, and quit whining about an established fact that you don't agree with only because it doesn't fit with your scriptures. I'm sure if the tables were turned and the Bible mentioned evolution, this would be a much welcomed concept, one that would win the Templeton prize, no doubt.

#343 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:44 AM

Please inform the new swine flu that it could not possibly have evolved and therefore does not exist.
Perhaps it will listen to your reasoning and be convinced to stop killing people.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#344 Bran

Bran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:15 AM

Imeant that schools only teach evolution. Obviously, someone's quite the atheist, but if evolution were true, why are the more "primitive" life forms still here? If we actually evolved from apes, and yet they are still here, then there would be no reason for them evolving.

#345 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:38 AM

Why would a species die off just because of evolving DNA? I assume you know how reproduction works. Mommy-Ape and Daddy-Ape have a Baby-Ape, but oh noes, Baby-Ape has a slight gene mutation, still being ape-like, but not like mommy and daddy. Evolution is a fairly slow process, which is still going on, and eventually Baby-Ape has more Baby-Apes, all with other subtle gene differences, and eventually you get the homo sapiens, a species of mutated apes. If the originating species dies off, it's because of a failure to adapt, not because other species may have evolved from it.

'Why are there still apes around?' is kind of like asking 'Why are the parents of children with birth defects still around?', or 'If Judaism evolved from Christianity, why are there Christian still around?'

#346 Bran

Bran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

One, Christianity came from Judaism. Two, how could living organisms come from nonliving matter. A chemical reaction won't cut it.

#347 Bran

Bran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:50 AM

Science can't explain everything, such as what happened before the "Big Bang." Also, this thread is about a spiritual world, not proving Atheism right. :offtopic:

#348 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:56 AM

1. Whatever, you get the point.
2. Bacteria forms in damp areas. I wouldn't consider 'dampness' a form of life. Moisture is, in a sense matter, but non-living.

Really, your God of the gaps approach isn't going to get you far. I can easily counter with "Well, where did God come from?", your response probably being "He was always here." If science can explain much of the same things through solid, verified facts, what's the point of a god that goes against these facts but was magically always here? Unless your god wasn't always here. Then, where did he come form?

#349 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:05 AM

Science can't explain everything, such as what happened before the "Big Bang." Also, this thread is about a spiritual world, not proving Atheism right. :offtopic:

Before the Big Bang there was nothing. It's the actual Big Bang bit we're having problems with, but nothing I can't see science failing to solve within the decade.
I'm not trying to prove atheism right. I'm advocating evolution, which you 'dissed' in your first post in this thread. I'm merely demonstrating how your view 'has more holes in it than a Dutch dam made of Swiss cheese.'

#350 Bran

Bran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:05 AM

If you think like that, you obviously don't understand religion. Haven't you heard of the miracles when people come back to life after 30 minutes? However, don't base your concepts about Christianity about what I have to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users