Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Magnet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#61 nirjharoberoi

nirjharoberoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

maybe induction is the solution.. make a coil and move the magnet in nd out (i know why u thinking) it there is a current then dats a magnet..

#62 deven.cay

deven.cay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:58 PM

hahaha i dont fully understand what you were trying to say ^ but what i did get is pretty hilarious. even so, elaborate please :]

#63 diggity

diggity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:12 AM

This is too easy. Metal can be magnetized by staying in contact with a magnet. Magnets are polar.

Connect the rods for several hours. The non-magnetized rod will be magnetized in this way.

The rods are touching. Remove one rod, and turn it around. If the one you are holding is the magnet it will repel the other rod. If both ends of the rod you are holding attract to the same end of the rod that it was attached to, it is not the magnet.

#64 indu

indu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:37 PM

Bring ends of the rods together and see if it attacts or repels. Now for one of them show the opposite end. If it attracts it is just a rod. Turn the other rod's opposite and if it repels it is a magnet. Basically, the solution is to show opposite ends together one at a time.

#65 deven.cay

deven.cay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

ooh... good point. dang. too bad my braces are off now lol but i still think you could just use your crotch- either a metal button or your zipper lol

#66 xoQtPiox1

xoQtPiox1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:03 AM

You cant break an iron rode just like you break a toothpick.

#67 Gildoania

Gildoania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

Easy, Take them to a room where there are more metal objects and test there .....never said you had to stay in the room or it was locked

#68 MurrayMD

MurrayMD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

The rod which from one end can pick up the other rod by either end is the magnet.

#69 The Smelly Irishman

The Smelly Irishman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

I thought about this all day, and after coming up with a solution I was surprised to come home and read that the provided solution actually seemed much more complicated than the one I came up with, it's usually the other way around.

Alternate solution: Break one or both rods and the one who's pieces attract or repel eachother is your magnet.

You can break metal bars then can you?

#70 udaynp

udaynp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:50 AM

still simplle one is that:

1)take those in hands which one is greater is ofcourse iron rod
2)hit them in floor all most every one hear the sound when hit by iron materials... then which sounds different is magnet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users