Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

who's who??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 choppa

choppa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

i'm celebrating my birthday today,,,

in the celebration party i have

my mother,,,,my father,,my grand mother,,my grandfather,,my brother,, my sister,,my uncle,,my aunty,,my nephew,,my niece

the table is set for 8 people,,,, and the cake is also cut into 8 equal pieces

funny tho',,, all are seated and all eat 1 piece of cake

who's who???????

#2 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:14 PM

my mother,,,,my father,,my grand mother,,my grandfather,,my brother,, my sister,,my uncle,,my aunty,,my nephew,,my niece ||||||||| 8 people total

grandmother and grandfather are the mother and father of your aunt and uncle, which are your brother and sister. Thats 6 people. For both brother and sister to be aunt and uncle as well, each of them must have one kid... the aunt has a daughter, and the uncle has a son, or vice versa

am i right?

if i am, the use of "my" was bad, since these are not the right relations to you after all. Puzzles like these usally say "a mother, a father, a nephew, etc, were present" not "my XXX, my XXX, etc" because then there is really 10 ppl there

#3 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5564 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

Assuming that two halves make a whole ...
Spoiler for ...

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#4 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

nice one bonanova!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users