Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eli

Eli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:17 AM

[This is my first post on Brain Den(I'm just trying to get used to it), so please don't leave any negative comments about my riddle. Helpful criticism is always welcome. Now on to the riddle..]

If I gave you 5 nickels for every nickle I gave you and then took a nickle away for every 5 of those nickles, still keeping the original nickal and I gave you and I gave you a nickel every 5 minutes for the next 25 years. How many nickels would you have?

#2 Faizaan

Faizaan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

I have absolutely no Idea Wat I'm doing but...
Spoiler for random

anyways, welcome to the 'Den'. Have fun! ;)

Edited by Faizaan, 31 October 2008 - 02:31 AM.

#3 Faizaan

Faizaan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:31 AM

wait hold on.
Spoiler for wait
I think i gots it! :P

#4 dms172

dms172

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:36 AM

Spoiler for i think i'd have...

#5 Ujank

Ujank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

Okay here buddy...

Spoiler for I think...

LOL

#6 TommyGuns

TommyGuns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

If I'm right, and I'm probably not, then its all in the wording isn't it?

Spoiler for Bunches of nickels

:huh:

#7 Nyquist

Nyquist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:24 AM

[This is my first post on Brain Den(I'm just trying to get used to it), so please don't leave any negative comments about my riddle. Helpful criticism is always welcome. Now on to the riddle..]

If I gave you 5 nickels for every nickle I gave you and then took a nickle away for every 5 of those nickles, still keeping the original nickal and I gave you and I gave you a nickel every 5 minutes for the next 25 years. How many nickels would you have?

I'm not criticizing because I've been known to do this myslef, but be conscious of homophones in your riddles. In this case the distinction between nickel and nickles. Nickel is not a countable object, as it is an element. You used the two interchangeably. On the whole I like the riddle a lot, and I will have to go with this as my answer:

Spoiler for solution

#8 ilovedisneyland

ilovedisneyland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:01 AM

I'm not criticizing because I've been known to do this myslef, but be conscious of homophones in your riddles. In this case the distinction between nickel and nickles. Nickel is not a countable object, as it is an element. You used the two interchangeably. On the whole I like the riddle a lot, and I will have to go with this as my answer:

Spoiler for solution

I agree, and what about the nickal? (whatever that is)

#9 TommyGuns

TommyGuns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Who cares about the nickal or the nickle? Maybe I'M the one who is over looking something, but I think it needs to be overlooked. What I noticed in the words of this riddle is. . .

Spoiler for . . .

#10 Mumbles140

Mumbles140

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

I'm not criticizing because I've been known to do this myslef, but be conscious of homophones in your riddles. In this case the distinction between nickel and nickles. Nickel is not a countable object, as it is an element.

Actually, a Nickel is also US Currency, a coin worth $.05. Here's a website explaining that: http://mistupid.com/currency/

I'd actually never heard of Nickle, but a quick websearch told me it is a Programming Language: http://nickle.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users