Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A few sentences from life

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 trinshadow

trinshadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

5. ADVERTISEMENT: Are you an analphabet? Write a letter and we will send you free of charge instructions how to undo it.

This one makes me giggle. An analphabet, to me, is someone who lacks letters. An being the prefix meaning none and alphabet being the letters. One cannot write a letter if one does not have letters to write with no? :P

#22 CSI_Rules

CSI_Rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

A few sentences from life - Back to the Paradoxes

1. Nobody goes to that restaurant, because it is too crowded.

2. Don't go near the water, till you have learned how to swim.

3. The man who wrote such a stupid sentence, can not write at all.

4. If you get this message, call me, and if you don't get it, don't call.

5. ADVERTISEMENT: Are you an analphabet? Write a letter and we will send you free of charge instructions how to undo it.

I saw 1 sign that read...."ILLITERATE? Call (I 4got the #) and we'll be glad to help!" Pretty pointless, right? :D

#23 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

6. Everyone who is not here, please indicate by raising your hand.

7. Nobody drives in New York, there's too much traffic.

#24 blahblah

blahblah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:55 AM

The statement is written wrong. It should be "If you get this message, don't call me. If you don't get this message, call me." This way you have the paradox you are looking for. Nobody is getting called therefore no one knows if the message has been recieved.

#25 DummyNoob

DummyNoob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Response on the few mistakes

2.You can still learn how to swim without get into the water! XD
4.This isn't a paradox only a sentence with unnecessary part...
Very funny sentences. XD

#26 Bunny Master12

Bunny Master12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:47 AM

8. Are you blind? Read this new book on how to fix it! :D

#27 Child

Child

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

A few sentences from life - Back to the Paradoxes

That reminds me of something they used to say at my old school. During Registration, they'd tell us, 'If you're here, say "Here," and if you're not here, say, "Not here."' :D

#28 Wtfwasthat

Wtfwasthat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

Having read quite a few replies on here I think some people are taking these statements too literally. Some puzzles and brain teasers are based on logic and some on emotional intelligence. You cannot apply logic to these statements to make them meaningful.

1. Nobody goes to that restaurant, because it is too crowded.

This is like saying nobody who knows about it goes there becasue it's so crowded (crap atmosphere, too much hassle, too busy, too rushed, whatever) or;
nobody who is important to me (as in like a cliche) goes there. e.g. "Nobody goes to that bar... It's full of tourists"; logic states obviously people do go there (it's full of tourists) but not the people who are of some importance to you or of your social standing whatever that may be.

2. Don't go near the water, till you have learned how to swim.

Again, this is like a warning a Mother/Father would say to their little kid. Of course you would let them learn to swim in a controlled and safe environment before you would let them go play near to the edge of a deep swimming pool wouldn't you? The clue is "Don't go near THE water" which leads me to believe they are talking about a particular type of "water" i.e. A deep pool or perhaps a river or the sea? The person is NOT saying "don't go near water, till you have learned to swim".

3. The man who wrote such a stupid sentence, can not write at all.

Of course the stupid man wrote a sentance. What this person is saying is that it was so bad he wouldn't even call it a sentance. He wouldn't call the person a writer. It's an exaggerated insult. You could say "the man who wrote such a stupid sentance, can not write well at all" however this has little impact (and something a kid could come up with), what I think this person is saying is he/she would not consider this person a writer in the professional sense. They are not a true writer i.e. author, journalist etc. I think this is a clever criticism from someone who really can write. He/she has got his point across and made an impact in just one sentance.

"The silence was deafening" - a powerful description. Obviously, if you take this literally it is meaningless.

I have to agree this does seems to be pointing out the obvious. However, it does have some meaning since the person who wrote is also thinking about someone seeing it/finding the message later (perhaps it's just a joke). Not likely to be instructions or for clarification. It is obvious if you don't get the message you won't call (for that reason anyway). Perhaps also someone who believes in destiny? Just leave it somewhere and see what happens.

To be honest I have no idea what an analphabet is so I won't comment on this one.

#29 MissingSceptor

MissingSceptor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Methinks you need two letters A and N(tail sticker "If you can read this, I've lost my caravan")

My half sister has a shirt like that that says "If you can read this, put me back on my horse!" written upside down on the back.

And guess what?

Anyone who can't speak, say "I"!

#30 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Tell me truthfully, is the next word you're going to say "no"?

Answer: No duh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users