Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Parts Is Parts

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Spoiler for 6th

Edited by fabpig, 12 June 2012 - 06:32 PM.

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#12 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4743 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Spoiler for First and fourth

yes and yes, Y-san. well done. as to the rest, suspect your example might have come from one of the clues? if so (or not) will say the rest of the answers come from general synonyms vs examples/types/associations.

Spoiler for 6th

am glad you stuck with that one fp, right on.

Spoiler for Update

ps - i see you there Y-san

#13 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

Spoiler for 2

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#14 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3313 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

ps - i see you there Y-san

Yeah...I was attempting to log on to post the answer to 2 but my netbook decided that was too many programs to run simultaneously and died. Oh well...

Question: For the 7th one, am I right in thinking "collapsed" is the indicative word? I don't like to assume (unless it's going to be followed by a rigorous math proof ;P)...you know what they say about 'when you assume...' that is somewhat similar to this puzzle...

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#15 maSkraP

maSkraP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

This one is definitely stimulating my mind.
Thanks for the post!

#16 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4743 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Spoiler for 2

you got it. down to the last four.

Yeah...I was attempting to log on to post the answer to 2 but my netbook decided that was too many programs to run simultaneously and died. Oh well...

Question: For the 7th one, am I right in thinking "collapsed" is the indicative word? I don't like to assume (unless it's going to be followed by a rigorous math proof ;P)...you know what they say about 'when you assume...' that is somewhat similar to this puzzle...

guess you could say fabpig cut you off at the knees... as for your question, the direction to subtract is "collapsed in" as a(nother word for) heap is not a verb. okay, not an adjective either. being fairly generous with the hints as the synonym for "barely alive" is not the most common word but think well within the vocab of your average BrainDenner. - Ich bin ein.... umhhhhh donuts. sorry, not a clue. just some train of thought rambling.

This one is definitely stimulating my mind.
Thanks for the post!

and thank you for the compliment. welcome to BrainDen, maSkraP!

#17 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3313 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

guess you could say fabpig cut you off at the knees... as for your question, the direction to subtract is "collapsed in" as a(nother word for) heap is not a verb. okay, not an adjective either. being fairly generous with the hints as the synonym for "barely alive" is not the most common word but think well within the vocab of your average BrainDenner. - Ich bin ein.... umhhhhh donuts. sorry, not a clue. just some train of thought rambling.

*Shrugs* actually it's probably more accurate to say my CPU cut me off at the knees...

And the word I was confused about was "barely", which I know is not taking away, but to me, neither really is "collapsed"...the matter is still there, just in a scrunched up fashion...but that's probably just me. :blush:

Spoiler for My vocabulary is not particularly exiguous...

I'm running into the 'as I try to do these, I keep coming up with more of them syndrome'... ^_^

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 13 June 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#18 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3313 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Spoiler for Second to last...

#19 maSkraP

maSkraP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

I hate all the spoilers...
I know I don't have to click them...
but it's just so tempting when it's available.
Lol...

#20 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4743 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

*Shrugs* actually it's probably more accurate to say my CPU cut me off at the knees...

And the word I was confused about was "barely", which I know is not taking away, but to me, neither really is "collapsed"...the matter is still there, just in a scrunched up fashion...but that's probably just me. :blush:

Spoiler for My vocabulary is not particularly exiguous...

I'm running into the 'as I try to do these, I keep coming up with more of them syndrome'... ^_^

shinless either way, eh? and the barely/collapsed issue i get, too. maybe collapsed as in fell apart or better perhaps - disintegrated. still a stretch i agree. a little riddling license to make the clues somewhat sensible is sometimes in order (as is punctuation, etc.). and am of course thankful for your munificent vocabulary. nicely figured, Y-san.

Spoiler for Second to last...

and correct again, of course. the two r's kept me thinking i had messed up this clue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users