Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gracie

gracie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:30 PM

:D A regular hexagon has a square attached to each side. No square goes into the inside of the hexagon. And, there is no part of a line that is not touching the square. If the perimeter of the hexagon is 144 in., than what is the area of all squares put together?
Spoiler for answer
:o

#2 ash013

ash013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

For four graders?

#3 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

yeah lol I could do this in 2nd grade without blinking (except I might've needed a calculator for 576*6)

#4 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

Spoiler for interesting number

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#5 gracie

gracie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

:D A regular hexagon has a square attached to each side. No square goes into the inside of the hexagon. And, there is no part of a line that is not touching the square. If the perimeter of the hexagon is 144 in., than what is the area of all squares put together?

Spoiler for answer
:o

im only in 5th grade. sorry. and i was the only one in my advanced class who figured this out. plus, i only joined 2 days ago. i'll post harder ones when i think of them.

#6 Duh Puck

Duh Puck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

yeah lol I could do this in 2nd grade without blinking (except I might've needed a calculator for 576*6)

Really? Man, you were super advanced for a little tike, especially for being in the U.S. In second grade, I was just learning my multiplication tables. I wouldn't have been able to solve this problem until fourth grade, and I was among the best math students in my class. B))

im only in 5th grade. sorry. and i was the only one in my advanced class who figured this out. plus, i only joined 2 days ago. i'll post harder ones when i think of them.

Well done, and welcome. It's a tough crowd in this forum, with some very advanced problem solvers who have a lot of math experience, but not all the members are like that, so if you keep improving in your skills and posting more difficult problems, you can be sure there will be plenty of people who enjoy solving them. :D

#7 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

Really? Man, you were super advanced for a little tike, especially for being in the U.S. In second grade, I was just learning my multiplication tables. I wouldn't have been able to solve this problem until fourth grade, and I was among the best math students in my class. B))

maybe I exaggerated a little bit :P
third grade

#8 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

yeah, man, don't worry, it was a good puzzle
although, if you want my opinion, the only thing you did that I didn't like was post a spoiler before-hand
if there isn't a spoiler, I'm more tempted to answer it

#9 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:49 AM

Do´nt listen to them Gracie , they´re all sweettalkers until it comes to the nitty gritty

#10 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

:D

yeah, man, don't worry, it was a good puzzle
although, if you want my opinion, the only thing you did that I didn't like was post a spoiler before-hand
if there isn't a spoiler, I'm more tempted to answer it

yeah keep up the good puzzles... the harder the better ;D and yeah I'm like Ploper, if there's a spoiler answer I'm just gonna look at it and not bother to try unless the puzzle really caught my eye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users