Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#21 randro

randro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:37 AM

Host: scsw
Sign-ups:
1. akaslickster
2. MrsP
3. EDM
4. GMaster479
5. Derrai
6. Riranor
7. crazypainter
8. tpaxatb
9. sayalzah

Backup:Randro

I tried to stay away but it wasnt possible :D

#22 Gmaster479

Gmaster479

I'm a G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

Sign-ups:
1. akaslickster
2. MrsP
3. EDM
4. GMaster479
5. Derrai
6. Riranor
7. crazypainter
8. tpaxatb
9. sayalzah

I tried to stay away but it wasnt possible :D

Randro, why don't you sign up for Ye Olde Mafia 2 so we can start that?

MM4sig.png

#23 sayalzah

sayalzah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:31 PM

Are the nights/days 24 hours each or 12?
What time in what time zone are they going to change?

#24 Gmaster479

Gmaster479

I'm a G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

Okay sayalzah, nights and days are each 24 hours. scsw, the host, is in Pacific Standard Time and most of the times for night and day will be shown in that time and in EST as well for you and others. They will only change if the scsw is late with a post or if he decides to end night early. In both cases you will get some forewarning. Also just so you know Ye Olde Mafia 2 will happen first so this one won't start up for about a week. I know you might be impatient and such but it'll be good to watch one happen and look into what some of the more experienced players do.

MM4sig.png

#25 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

FYI I am leaving for a vacation Monday. Wont be back till thursday. Actually, since I have so much going on I may as well say I am out of here till next thursday October 8th.

#26 sayalzah

sayalzah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

ok thanks

#27 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

Sweet. Ye Olde Mafia will take a while, so it probably won't start till then anyways. There will be a one-two day gap after Ye Olde Mafia finishes before I will start this.

#28 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

Update:

Doomed

Roles & Factions:

Cyber-Criminals
Chooses a player to kill once every night. Wins by being the last faction standing.

Mastermind: Able to orchestrate elaborate schemes behind peoples’ backs, he will appear as an [Innocent] when spied upon, unless he is blocked the same night he was spied on.

Hacker: A capable hacker, he is able to hack into the city mainframe and issue orders to place a player in house arrest, blocking the player’s action for a night. May target the same player two nights in a row.

Citizens
Wins by being the last faction standing.

Doctor: She can save one player every night. May not target the same player two nights in a row.

Enforcer: He can block a player from acting every night. May not target the same player two nights in a row.

Information Analyst: She can look up a player’s files and learn the player’s faction.

Sentry: If she is killed, will reveal the role of the killer in the night post. Only once throughout the game, may sacrifice self to kill one player. The Sentry's role will be made public if she is killed/died with her victim.

Bio-Engineer: Every night, PMs the role with a dead player and a role match-up. Also included in the PM will be the target for the night. If the RID is correct (confirmation will be sent at the end of the night), he will perform the action of the dead player on his target.
Credit: UR and CL.

College Graduate: He can choose a player every night to party with. The player will lose his/her vote the following day. He will join the cyber-criminals and gain BTSC if the Hacker targets him. When spied will appear as [Cyber-Criminal] if he is converted.

Informant Network
Wins by completing individual win-con or by being the last faction standing.

Information Monger: On odd nights may choose to track a player and learn his/her target. On top of that, every night, sends the host a list of player and role ID matchups. If all matchups are correct, the Information Monger wins. If not, he will only be told the number of matchups he has correct, but not which ones.

Only once in game, may hire an assassin from his network and RID kill a player, during the day or night cycle. This kill cannot be blocked.

When spied will appear as [Innocent], unless blocked. If blocked on the same night he is being spied on, will appear as [Cyber-Criminal].

Sign-ups:
1. akaslickster
2. MrsP
3. EDM
4. GMaster479
5. Derrai
6. Riranor
7. crazypainter
8. tpaxatb
9. sayalzah

I reran scenarios in my head and might add another role for the goodies. Will be decided before it actually begins.

Edited by scsw, 02 October 2009 - 09:52 PM.

#29 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

Sign-ups:
1. akaslickster
2. MrsP
3. EDM
4. Framm 18
5. Derrai
6. Riranor
7. crazypainter
8. tpaxatb
9. sayalzah

Gmaster479 gave me permission to take his spot in the game.
I am new to this, but it looks like fun.

Spoiler for Haikus

#30 MrsP

MrsP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

Sign-ups:
1. akaslickster
3. EDM
4. Framm 18
5. Derrai
6. Riranor
7. crazypainter
8. tpaxatb
9. sayalzah

Sorry guys, some stuff has come up and I have to take my name off of the list. Have fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users