Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brush Up Mafia

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 MrsP

MrsP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

Host: tpaxatb
Co-Host: scsw

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob
3. Crazypainter - [?] Assassinated during a drug raid by LPL
4. MrsP - voting for DarthNoob
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM

Just doing random.org, got a 2. Sorry DN, Day 1 is the hardest.

Edit: Changed the color, I accidentally did it as the same green as the host colors and it was too confusing.

Edited by MrsP, 10 September 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#22 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

:ph34r:
where is kat and her ghost popcorn when ya need it? Good luck innocents and have fun!
come on guys..you need to vote! Put a vote up to pressure other players to speak.

#23 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

i say DarthNoob.....:(
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#24 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM

Just doing random.org, got a 2. Sorry DN, Day 1 is the hardest.

Edit: Changed the color, I accidentally did it as the same green as the host colors and it was too confusing.

I had an inkling of a suspicion for somebody, and I was considering voicing it, but now you've given me a much better person to vote lynching for.

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob - voted for by MrsP
4. MrsP - voted for by DarthNoob
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM

(Btw, I changed it to "voted for by," because I think that makes more sense for listing votes)

As soon as you, MrsP, change your vote to somebody else, I will change my vote also. If you don't change, then here's my defense:

If you're willing to hear this, I can make lyrics
Lyrics to entertain, no one will be the same
Whether quoting Poe or just beating a new flow,
Gimme life for song it's quid pro quo.
Oh, and there's one more thing you should know, so
- wait, no, I'm not prepared just yet to say so!
I'll amend this line if MrsP doesn't change her mind.

Edit: forgot a line.

And, how dare you EDM! I might have to amend said line prematurely

Edited by DarthNoob, 10 September 2009 - 07:33 PM.

#25 MrsP

MrsP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

I had an inkling of a suspicion for somebody, and I was considering voicing it, but now you've given me a much better person to vote lynching for.

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob - voted for by MrsP
4. MrsP - voted for by DarthNoob
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM

(Btw, I changed it to "voted for by," because I think that makes more sense for listing votes)

As soon as you, MrsP, change your vote to somebody else, I will change my vote also. If you don't change, then here's my defense:

DN, I really got you on random.org - Day1 is always hard. But for you to just switch it back to me without giving a reason besides retaliation seems very much like a baddie to me. You didn't give a defense, you just said you will change it as soon as I change it to someone else. That makes me feel like you are a baddie now. So now it's not a random.org vote anymore and it is a vote out of suspicion. I think we all need to hear a defense from you now, you just made yourself look like a baddie, so if you aren't prove it to us.

#26 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

DN, I really got you on random.org - Day1 is always hard. But for you to just switch it back to me without giving a reason besides retaliation seems very much like a baddie to me. You didn't give a defense, you just said you will change it as soon as I change it to someone else. That makes me feel like you are a baddie now. So now it's not a random.org vote anymore and it is a vote out of suspicion. I think we all need to hear a defense from you now, you just made yourself look like a baddie, so if you aren't prove it to us.

That, dear madam, is illogical. You decided to lynch me without reason, and then blame me for lynching you, even though I do have a reason? I'm trying to get you to not lynch me. If I was a bad guy, I would try to get you to not lynch me so that the baddies would win. If I was a good guy, I would try to get you to not lynch me so that the innocents would win.

However, as you requested additional reason for me... if I didn't need to retaliate against either you or EDM, I would probably pick Wilson.
Wilson was the first to have a suspicion of anybody:

WOW. :o Obviously my suspicions about crazypainter were well off.

"REST IN PEACE!"

Why would he suspect CP? He had no reason to. Thus, I think he was trying to make people think he was innocent - because baddies wouldn't need to suspect anybody. Wilson was also the first to mention paranoia, and only a baddie would be paranoid (except innocents put on the lynching block).

If you, MrsP, or EDM changes there vote, I will change to Wilson.
(explanation for why this is crossed out is in the second edit)

EDIT:

Gimme life for song it's quid pro quo.

Alright so here we go -
If you guys lynch me out, the innocents will lose no doubt

EDIT2:

Holy crap. The Baddies can pm each other, so therefore they'd lynch the same person. The first round, they know as little as we do, so they could use a random system also. Plus, MrsP accused me of acting without reason and appearing to be a baddie, even though her reasoning was nonsensical. If MrsP and EDM are the baddies, it'd make perfect sense.

Furthermore, MrsP accused me of making a reasonless accusation. Well, EDM definitely had a reasonless accusation. Sorry for suspecting Wilson, but I'm changing my vote to EDM.

Edited by DarthNoob, 10 September 2009 - 07:53 PM.

#27 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm not sure I've enough experience at this game yet to follow all the twisty logic. But I would like to comment on the actual voting mechanism. First, it is difficult to keep track of who's voting for whom if everyone doesn't post the roster with votes when they vote or change their vote. Second, I think I like the original voting style a little better than what was suggested by DN. I think it'll get a bit messy DN's way once people start changing their votes. But whichever way we go with, I do think we need to post the roster with votes every time one of us makes a vote or changes a vote. Because right now, I'm not sure if EDM has actually made a vote for lynching or just an accusation towards DN.

#28 tpaxatb

tpaxatb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

AN FYI

Voting is pretty standard in mafias here. You put who you are voting FOR next to YOUR name in the list of players. In addition, when voting, ensure that you copy the latest list of votes (the last message that has a voting list) and add or change your vote in your message. Otherwise, there'll be chaos and confusion (and I almost missed EDMs vote)

In addition, I understand that school is back in session, and that we have different time zones and such, but...let's just say I would like to see some more conversation from the three players who have not yet voted...

The current votes are (please correct if wrong)

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob - voting for MrsP
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM - voting for DarthNoob

#29 Prince_Marth85

Prince_Marth85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

EDIT2:

Holy crap. The Baddies can pm each other, so therefore they'd lynch the same person. The first round, they know as little as we do, so they could use a random system also. Plus, MrsP accused me of acting without reason and appearing to be a baddie, even though her reasoning was nonsensical. If MrsP and EDM are the baddies, it'd make perfect sense.

Furthermore, MrsP accused me of making a reasonless accusation. Well, EDM definitely had a reasonless accusation. Sorry for suspecting Wilson, but I'm changing my vote to EDM.

While the Baddies do have BTSC, the chances that they'd vote for the same person FIRST THING is highly unlikely. Why would they out themselves so quickly and openly. You're beginning to look highly suspicious...Trying to push guilt onto someone else. :ph34r:

#30 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

AN FYI

Voting is pretty standard in mafias here. You put who you are voting FOR next to YOUR name in the list of players. In addition, when voting, ensure that you copy the latest list of votes (the last message that has a voting list) and add or change your vote in your message. Otherwise, there'll be chaos and confusion (and I almost missed EDMs vote)

In addition, I understand that school is back in session, and that we have different time zones and such, but...let's just say I would like to see some more conversation from the three players who have not yet voted...

The current votes are (please correct if wrong)

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob - voting for MrsP
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM - voting for DarthNoob

Thanks for clearing up the roster thing! I was confused.

While the Baddies do have BTSC, the chances that they'd vote for the same person FIRST THING is highly unlikely. Why would they out themselves so quickly and openly. You're beginning to look highly suspicious...Trying to push guilt onto someone else. :ph34r:

But we're all new to this game - or maybe they anticipated that defense. I still think MrsP's second accusation (the non-random one) was unusual, and EDM's post even more so.
As for "You're beginning to look highly suspicious...Trying to push guilt onto someone else." Well, hasn't everybody else done the same thing, pushing guilt on to me?
Also, does nobody has a comment on my Wilson suspicion?
Addendum: MrsP stated that she was selecting me via a random process (as has been said before, this is only Day 1). EDM knew it was random, yet she went along with it anyway (and remember, this was before I even posted a reply). MrsP and EDM might not be in cohorts, but there's got to be something up with EDM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users