BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brush Up Mafia

There are now less than three hours until the end of the lynch: a reminder to those that haven't yet voted to ensure that they do so.

Note I noticed that due to the night post going up 1/2 hour late I will extend the first night's lynch until 10:00PM EDT.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DM you cant tell anyone your role or you will loose your ability for the day/night..re read rules post. Hints are allowed...

I don't lose it if I'm pressured (which I am) and there's little time left (and it's less than three hours).

I... am...

Well, I'll let you figure out for yourself, just to extend the suspense.

Check out the nth letter of every word in the riddle. To find n, just look at my sig.

*starts praying El Jefe gets blocked when he goes for me*

@MrsP

Told ya so =D

EDIT:

There are now less than three hours until the end of the lynch: a reminder to those that haven't yet voted to ensure that they do so.

Note I noticed that due to the night post going up 1/2 hour late I will extend the first night's lynch until 10:00PM EDT.

In the game rules, it says that nights end at 10 pm Eastern time

Edited by DarthNoob

@DN - I originally voted for you mostly based on your attempts to shift suspicion to Wilson based on a rather flimsy argument. Although I find EDM's lone response also somewhat suspicious, I find it less so. I know that this definitely isn't a good, concrete reasoning but there isn't a lot to go on for the first lynch.

I also have a question. If someone 'reveals' their role after being pressured, does that mean that the moderator will confirm it? If not, is there anything stopping someone from lying about their role? I'm still trying to figure out what information I can count on as being 'concrete'.

@DN - I originally voted for you mostly based on your attempts to shift suspicion to Wilson based on a rather flimsy argument. Although I find EDM's lone response also somewhat suspicious, I find it less so. I know that this definitely isn't a good, concrete reasoning but there isn't a lot to go on for the first lynch.

I also have a question. If someone 'reveals' their role after being pressured, does that mean that the moderator will confirm it? If not, is there anything stopping someone from lying about their role? I'm still trying to figure out what information I can count on as being 'concrete'.

I don't think lying about your role is allowed (unless it's hinting at something that would be a lie), but it'd be good to ask tpaxatb.

Also, I wasn't trying to shift suspicion to Wilson. I never even voted for Wilson - my very first post mentioned "I had an inkling of a suspicion for somebody, and I was considering voicing it, but now you've given me a much better person to vote lynching for." I figured it was too weak to bring it up, but then MrsP wanted me to be more reasoning, so I tried to reason up another possibility (and I did say I'd vote for Wilson if MrsP changed her vote, but then I crossed that).

Mafia rules answer: There is nothing preventing someone from lying about their role. A moderator will not confirm or deny a role claim. However, there are a few things to consider, related to that: 1. If you say what your role is, then the baddies know it, and adjust their strategies accordingly. 2. If you say a role that is not you, and the person holding that role is alive, then they can choose to tell everyone you're lying.

Okay! Game on.

Mafia rules answer: There is nothing preventing someone from lying about their role. A moderator will not confirm or deny a role claim. However, there are a few things to consider, related to that: 1. If you say what your role is, then the baddies know it, and adjust their strategies accordingly. 2. If you say a role that is not you, and the person holding that role is alive, then they can choose to tell everyone you're lying.

Okay! Game on.

Dang. That means I could still be lynched. Esp. if one of the baddies claims to be a paramedic too. But, then they'd lose their night ability! So my death won't be for nothing! Sweet.

1. DudleyDude - voting for DarthNoob

2. DarthNoob - voting for MrsP.

3. Crazypainter - [?] Assassinated during a drug raid by LPL

4. MrsP - voting for DarthNoob

5. Marth

6. Wilson - voting for MrsP.

7. EDM - voting for DarthNoob

I think EDM's more likely... but I'm good with anything that will save THE POOR DARLING PARAMEDIC!

Edited by DarthNoob

Spent all afternoon on this thang. Can't say I didn't try. Haha. (luckily, I can finish my homework by sacrificing a little thing called sleep. At least dying will make Sunday freer)

Good night and good bye, farewell all

You'll regret my loss; may the bad guys fall!

Day 1 - Dismissals

The chief sat back in his office watching the game. It was a defensive struggle, much like what was going on in the station. Oh how he wished he could crack open a cold one, but there unfortunately was rather large matter to take care of first.

"DarthNoob, can I see you for a minute?" he called out just as the Titans scored to tie the game. Needless to say, he was being distracted. Hopefully, halftime would come soon.

"What's up boss?" DN asked as he entered the chief's office. He could see that the chief was distracted. DN assumed it was the game on the television behind him.

"Look, I know you're new here. But it appears that you haven't endeared yourself with your fellow officers."

"I realize that, but don't you think that all I need is a little more seasoning?" DN asked. The chief pondered that as the Steelers started to drive down the field.

The chief thought about it for a minute. "Yes, it's true, all you do need is just a bit more seasoning. But unfortunately, the more important matter is I need a cohesive unit - a well oiled machine working in harmony. That's the only way we'll rid ourselves of Los Pollos Locos!"

"But I told them all who I was. They NEED me! Don't you see that? Can't THEY see that? All I need is a little time to convince them! Isn't there anything I can do?" DN pleaded.

"I'm sorry. But just like the half of this football game, your time here is up." The chief was distracted momentarily as a Titan intercepted the ball and started to run it back. The chief returned once he was tackled. "You need to clear out your locker." The chief thought for another minute and continued, "You know, I've always wanted to say this." He puffed himself up and in his best Donald Trump voice told DN, "You're Fired!"

The other officers gathered around the reception desk in the anteroom of the station. Already reeling from the loss of one of their own, they had a feeling they knew what was going on in the chief's office. Many of them were thinking that it would be a great day; they could avenge the death of their friend.

As DN left the locker room and headed out the front door, the other officers' jaws dropped. For DN left as he came, wearing his Fire Department uniform; he was as he claimed, the Paramedic.

Host: tpaxatb

Co-Host: scsw

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

2. DarthNoob - [Paramedic] Fired for not meshing with the other officers

4. MrsP

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

Editor's note: Reminder that if you are dead, you are not to talk in the thread but once or at the most twice. And never reveal information about the game (in other words, only to say goodbye). And In gray like CP and SG did

Night 2 begins now, and ends on 11 Sept at 10:00PM EDT (2:00AM 12 Sept GMT) so get those night actions in :)

Hmph. I ain't speaking to you. If you had changed your vote, I wouldn't have been fired!

lol. Holding grudges is fun.

I demand vengeance! I want my old job back!

Then again, I coulda ended up like CP. CP, you are our martyr! CP, sacrificed both in fiction and in reality, being ripped of the ability to play! CP deserves vengeance.

EDIT: I got too verbose, again, so shortened post

Edited by DarthNoob

(sorry this is late, and sorry this is not quite as epic as the other ones, but I had writer's block :))

Night 2 - Surprises

The chief returned from his bowling night. He had bowled his butt off, but his team still lost. Sitting in his office, over an hour late, he looked at the duty roster. He frowned. He looked down on his desk and saw a message from his assistant. The message was not good. He realized things were going downhill, and very, very fast.

MrsP was out on patrol in a familiar neighborhood, her own. It was eerily dark, she couldn't quite figure out why. She drove slowly past the former brothel in which CrazyPainter was killed the previous night. She saw the crime scene tape and shuddered inwardly. She thought that was a poor way to go. She promised herself that she wouldn't get caught off guard like that. An experienced officer shouldn't make such a rookie mistake, and MrsP was determined not to let the same fate befall her.

MrsP decided to take a break. It was a quiet night, but something was nagging in the back of her mind. She drove to the local park, and pulled out her lunch (well, it was lunch time for her).

"11-99!!! 11-99" Came a crackling call over the radio.

MrsP stiffened. 11-99 was radio code for "Officer needs help NOW!" She dropped her lunch and started her engine. The only problem was she had no idea WHERE the call was.

"11-99 at the brothel where CP was killed...Shots Fired...Shots Fired!"

MrsP peeled out of the park's parking lot. "MrsP responding to the 11-99!" she called over the radio, "I'm 30 seconds out!!!" She activated her siren and accellerated to over 100 miles an hour down the darkened and deserted streets of the city. Luckily, Manicomio was a sleepy city.

MrsP screeched to a halt at the brothel, and leaped from her car with her gun drawn. Something was off, though. It was still just lingering in the back of her mind. Then she realized what it was: there WERE no other officers in the area. The street was TOO dark. She noticed that all the street lights had been taken out. She reached down for her radio.

As she activated the mic, MrsP heard a car start. She realized that she had a decision to make...She could save herself or warn the others off. She decided on the later, and clicked her mic, "It's fake!!! Call off!!! call off!!" She hoped her call went through as she watched the car approach. MrsP stood proud as her body was riddled with bullets by the passing Los Pollos Locos .

Inside the car, El Jefe turned to the Rogue Cop, and said "It's good to have you on the inside. That couldn't have gone any better."

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

4. MrsP - [?] Killed in a drive-by by LPL

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

Day 2 ends on 12 Sept at 10:00PM EDT (2:00AM 13 Sept GMT)

I think that EDM is the most likely candidate based on yesterday. The way she jumped quickly on DarthNoob after MrsP's vote and gave no reason for it seems like she just wanted to quickly get rid of an innocent. I never got a chance to vote because I got swamped at work (I hate helpdesk sometimes) and my fiance called me not long after I got off and asked me to come over and who am I to say no :wub: Had a made it I would have put in my vote for EDM, though it wouldn't have saved DN. Anyway, unless she can give me some compelling evidence that she's not a baddie, my vote is for her. So let's hear your defense.

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

5. Marth - Voting for EDM

6. Wilson

7. EDM

I'm hoping to hear more arguments but I have to run some errands so I wanted to at least make sure my initial vote is made. I sort of agree that EDM seems suspicious based on just voting w/o explanation and then disappearing.

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude - Voting for EDM

6. Wilson

7. EDM

Four left - Two Good + Two Bad.

I am 100% Good. Who's on my side?

Best we can hope for. Today is a draw,

followed by a lucky night.

We must vote for same person and hope that

they are bad..

My gut tells me MARTH!

Very little input(but BTSC?)Experienced player?

I am sure that Marth would have helped us

more if he was good.

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude - Voting for EDM

6. Wilson- MARTH

7. EDM

Are you happy, are you satisfied?!

How long can you stand the heat?!

Out of the doorway the bullets rip!

To the sound of the beat!

Another one bites the dust

And another one gone, and another one gone

Edited by DarthNoob

Four left - Two Good + Two Bad.

I am 100% Good. Who's on my side?

Best we can hope for. Today is a draw,

followed by a lucky night.

We must vote for same person and hope that

they are bad..

My gut tells me MARTH!

Very little input(but BTSC?)Experienced player?

I am sure that Marth would have helped us

more if he was good.

Anyone who's ever played a game with me knows I'm a very quiet player. I don't say much. I don't like to draw the baddies attention.