Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brush Up Mafia

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#11 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hey Paranoia,
If I was to get an unsolicited viewing,
(AT THIS TIME)
would someone be trying to incriminate me?

What you think Czp?

hm what do I think? I think it makes sense to know your allies and enemies. I dont think it is incriminating
for anyone to check another player out. But paranoia hits us all in different ways.
What do you think of the game so far?

#12 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

hm what do I think? I think it makes sense to know your allies and enemies. I dont think it is incriminating
for anyone to check another player out. But paranoia hits us all in different ways.
What do you think of the game so far?

Think the nightime is for chickens. So I'm off to bed!

#13 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

Yeah we have a poet among us!!! Darth, love your riddles in the other forum...

Request to whomever is the goodie killing role...take a rest the next night will ya? Even though you can kill please dont. We have no idea who is good vs bad. And there is a damn good chance
you will end up choosing a goodie as your target. But if you are sure who the baddies are then go for it!!!

Edit: forgot the goodies cant kill till night 2.

Nah, Poe's the real poet. At least for the first two and a half lines.

Rogue Cop blocks prevail over Sergeant blocks prevail over Saves prevail over Kills prevail over Spies

The rogue cop's action is not able to be blocked.

Killed players' actions will still take place. (e.g. it is possible for El Jefe and the Sniper to kill each other in the same night - one note on that though, even though they would kill each other, and the only thing that would make sense in "the real world" would be for them to have say a shoot-out or something, it will appear as two separate deaths in the night post).

Is that enough?

Hey... I know how it could be explained, other than a shoot-out... dopplegangers! You could message each person saying that his doppleganger was killed, he's still in the game, and he'll know that he was targeted by the other person with the ability to kill.

Hey Paranoia,
If I was to get an unsolicited viewing,
(AT THIS TIME)
would someone be trying to incriminate me?

What you think Czp?

What does it mean to get an unsolicited viewing?

#14 tpaxatb

tpaxatb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:06 AM

Night 1 - Betrayals

The chief walked into his outer office fresh from his day job with his head down. As he walked by his normally calm assistant, the chief heard muttering under his breath. Something about computer crashes and the inability to access important information from the previous week's actions. The chief put it out of his mind as he unlocked his door and entered his office. He had a plan he hoped would ensure that none of his new recruits would be killed that night, and his assistant's computer problems would just have to wait.

The assistant saw his boss walk in, lost in thought. "Well, it's a good thing he's here, things can now get done," he thought. He decided that the best course of action was to not to panic any more over his computer, as all that did was stress himself more. He thought to himself that a good hot shower was what he needed. He just hoped that there were towels in the locker room...for some reason, the 42 that he had bought last week had suddenly disappeared. There was no use worrying about that now, as his mind was made up. He rose from his computer and headed to the department gym.

As the assistant entered the locker room, he sensed something was amiss. Rounding the first bank of lockers, he saw what appeared to be a body on the floor and heard the other entrance door slam shut.

"Hey, officer, you OK?" the assistant inquired, fearing the worst.

"Yeah, I just tripped," said the unknown officer as he hurridly rose and left the room.

CrazyPainter gazed closely at her partner for the night. She wasn't sure about the Sergeant's new system implemented this evening, one that was supposed to help lower the risk of danger. She knew that it really wasn't the sergeant's fault; it seemed that all the really "bright" ideas came from the Chief. Meaning that the ideas weren't all that bright to begin with. Meaning she should really be blaming the Chief for this prediciment.

"So. Ever been on a drug raid before?" CP asked her partner as they drove down one of the dark streets of Manicomio.

"Nope. First time." came the reply.

"Alright, then. The way it will work is this. You'll be breaking down the door. You need to get out of the way immediately, so I can crash the place..."

El Jefe was sitting in his new crackhouse. It took him a day, but he had found it with the help of the Rogue Cop. Apparantly, the house was abandoned recently, just waiting for the right criminal element (namely, him) to appropriate it. His phone buzzed annoyingly. He looked down, perplexed at the cryptic text:

"raid 2nite@house"

CP continued to go over the plan with her partner. "Once I'm in, you follow. You HAVE to cover me at all costs. I'll clear the left, you clear the right; make sure NO is there. If I remember the layout of this house right, there's a kitchen on the left, and a small bathroom on the right. After that it's a long hallway to the back rooms. We need to hit hard and fast. That hallway is a choke point."

"You've been here before?"

"Yeah. Before this house was abandoned it was used as a brothel. It seemed we were raiding this place every other week. Some things just never change."

"No, they don't," CP's partner replied, staring out into the passing darkness.

As El Jefe was pondering the cryptic message, a new one arrived.

"go2bathromnow"

This confused him more. As he was pondering the meaning, he heard the squeal of brakes in the front of the house. "Shoot," he thought, realizing what it all meant. He dove into the bathroom just inside the front door. And waited patiently. Unlike some people, he trusted his partner.

CP cringed at the sound of the squealing brakes. She made a mental note to have the mechanics look at them in the morning.

"You ready?" she asked.

"Yup. Let's do this," came the overly excited reply.

CP and her partner quietly approached the front door. Well, as quietly as could be expected considering their need to rush after the squealing brakes. Her partner held the battering ram at the ready.

"POLICE..SEARCH WARRANT!!!" they yelled together.

The door was rammed open like it was a cardboard box. As if they had been doing it together forever, CP led the way into the house. She swept left..the kitchen. "Clear!". She heard her partner yell "Clear!" as well, and immediately started heading down the long corridor. But something wasn't quite right. She bristled, standing suddenly from her crouched ready position as she heard the cocking of a shotgun. She paused, realizing what was going on.

"You don't have to do this," she pleaded uselessly as she felt the barrel of the shotgun against the back of her head.

"Yes, we do," came El Jefe's reply. The world went dark as CP wondered how she could have been taken down so easily.

"Get out of here now, but leave the gun," the Rogue Cop told El Jefe. The Rogue Cop knew that the shotgun was untracable, and ballistics were useless. "You can't be seen here. I'll make it look good for the others. You'll have to find a new crack house, but it's a small price to pay for getting rid of one of the cops."

El Jefe fled the rear of the house, both cursing and celebrating his luck. As he rounded the corner, he heard the faint shouts of "Officer down!"

Host: tpaxatb
Co-Host: scsw

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob
3. Crazypainter - [?] Assassinated during a drug raid by LPL
4. MrsP
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM

Day 1 Ends at 9:30PM Thurs, 10 Sept EDT (1:30AM Fri 11 Sept GMT)

(Host reminder) I'm not going to be a tyrant about it, but please remember to contribute meaningfully during the lynch :)

#15 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:15 AM

:o
OH NO!
When I started reading the post I knew I was done for! Good luck innocents! You are on your own now!

#16 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

WOW. :o Obviously my suspicions about crazypainter were well off.

"REST IN PEACE!"

#17 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

WOW. :o Obviously my suspicions about crazypainter were well off.

"REST IN PEACE!"

yeah......ditto......R.I.P... -_-
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#18 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

wow, someone is already down (RIP CP). This looks like a fast moving game. So now we have to decide who to eliminate for the day phase?

#19 Prince_Marth85

Prince_Marth85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

That's correct, the next step is to vote for someone who we think is a baddie. Though, it doesn't look like there was much info in the night post except for CP's death (Sorry to see you go so early :()

#20 tpaxatb

tpaxatb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

Quick reminder for the new players:

This is the day cycle, the lynch. You should be voting for the player you believe should be *removed* from the game in this thread (the game thread). For the goodies that is trying to find the baddies, and for the baddies that is trying to play the goodies against each other. I won't discuss lynch strategies here, unreality covered that pretty well in his guide.

The easiest way to vote is to reply to the latest roster with votes, remove the quote tags, then add your vote (in the same color) for the person you wish to vote. If the person for whom you wish to vote doesn't have a color yet, use a new color (preferably not red, blue, or grey, since they are used in the roster for dead players).

For ease, here is the roster again. Just reply to this message, leave everything between the cut here tags, and put in your vote.

---Cut Here---

Host: tpaxatb
Co-Host: scsw

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob
3. Crazypainter - [?] Assassinated during a drug raid by LPL
4. MrsP
5. Marth
6. Wilson
7. EDM

---Cut Here---

For example, if I were player number 8, and were voting for scsw, I would find my name in the roster and put:

8. tpaxatb - voting for scsw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users