BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Fantasy Mafia II

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then let's finish this lynch, move on into the night and hope that the copier doesnt get an extra killing action tonight. :thumbsup:

If all of the spies check on the two left, we will be set. We only need one of them to survive.

I would love to call no contest on LIS's behalf, since I'm not sure if I can post later tonight, but will not be able to do so with two empty votes, including LIS's. Maybe we should summon slick V3.0? :):P

Edited by scsw

I would love to call no contest on LIS's behalf, since I'm not sure if I can post later tonight, but will not be able to do so with two empty votes, including LIS's. Maybe we should summon slick V3.0? smile.giftongue.gif

If you give me a goodie role, they'll lynch me for sure. Believe me, I know them too, 2 well.laugh.gif

Day 6 – Of Grandiose Illusions

LIS started packing hastily. Knowing that the bloodthirsty citizens would settle on lynching him next, he had no time to waste. Stuffing the last of his belongings into the bag, he started heading for the exit.

‘NO!’ a small part of him screamed defiance. A fierce mental battle was taking place inside him; one side fighting for self-perseverance, the other for his pride. Born an elite, his pride eventually won and he flung his bag to the corner. 'I will not be the coward in the historical texts. I will be remembered.'

SG’s convincing argument won over the Captain.

“Leave him to me,” the Captain replied and called for his Second-in-Command, “Gather the best.”

LIS saw the guards surrounding his perimeter. He smiled. This day will be remembered. His name will be etched in history and will be known for generations to come. Even if it is as the most infamous villain known to Wyrmhaven.

He took a deep breath. “Today will be a good day to die.”

He formed a circle with his hands and whispered the magical words. Walls of fire sprung around his house, encircling and trapping dozens of guards within it. LIS’s second spell followed right after and the guards walked into the blazing flames, with a strange dazed look in their eyes. The ravenous flames consumed the guards, who did not even let out the smallest scream.

LIS broke the circle and the fires died down, leaving a black ring of charred land around the house. The guards were divided. Some wanted revenge and the others were too afraid to enter the compound.

“Push ahead, men! Do not fear his enchantments! Those who are strong of heart will not be affected!” yelled the Captain as he drew his sword and rushed into the compound. Spirits revived by their leader’s act of courage, the guards let out a warcry and stormed in the house.

LIS closed his eyes and held a powerful spell back. The moment his front door was kicked opened, LIS opened his eyes and released the spell. Wraiths appeared from the ground and grabbed onto the souls of the guards. Some strong willed guards resisted the intrusion, but many fell and their bodies were possessed. The possessed guards started turning against their ranks. It was a sad scene indeed, as the guards started turning their weapons against companions they have been fighting alongside for years. The Captain, hardened in his years of service, kept his calm and rallied the remaining troops. He split the group into two; one would hold their possessed companions at bay and he would lead the rest to confront LIS.

The small group of brave warriors led by the Captain found LIS in his bedroom, dressed in his best clothes, sipping the most expensive wine he had.

“Game over, LIS,” said the Captain.

“That’s what you think,” he said and clasped his hands together. The door closed shut behind the guards. The Captain signaled his men to surround LIS.

“Futile,” said LIS as he raised both hands. The guards’ weapons flew out of their hands and floated above LIS. LIS flung his arms downwards and the weapons flew towards their owners, stabbing and killing all of them but the Captain. The Captain, with lightning quick reflexes, sidestepped the attack and grabbed his sword as it flew past him. Twirling it back into an attacking posture, he dashed towards LIS and swung his sword. A look of pure surprise registered on the Captain’s face as the sword connected with LIS; LIS’s body turned into black wisp where the sword struck him. He was unharmed!

“An illusion my good Captain,” LIS’s voice came from behind the curtains. He held his arm out and pointed his palms at the Captain’s neck. He squeezed his hand gently and the Captain felt his throat being choked.

“Wha…?”

“This is the end of the line. Die, Captain, like the rest of your…” LIS’s victory speech was interrupted when he felt a cold hard blade slide through his heart. One of the guards feigned death to look for an opening, and an opening he got.

“No!” LIS gasped as his limp body fell on the floor. The Captain, weak from the encounter, slumped backwards onto the wall.

“He knew and even in his death, he won’t let his pride be tainted,” said the Captain.

The possessed guards fainted as LIS breathed his last breath. The remaining guards searched the house.

Later that day, the guards announced that LIS, The Enchantress, was no more.

LIS's name did make it to historical texts as the Blood-Red Enchantress. His final grandiose act was not just an illusion.

Host: scsw

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479 - [Dark Mage] betrayed and shot

2. Magic – [?] pounded into mush by the [Copier]

3. IDNE

4. Akaslickster – [Healer] plummeted into the abyss

5. Lost in Space - [Enchantress] took down by the guards

6. twin_bro – [Bricklayer] hacked apart by the citizens

7. tpaxatb – [?] put to eternal sleep by the [HoC]

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter – [?] killed by the [barbarian]

10. Riranor

11. Mrs.P - [Silencer] burnt into ashes

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon – [?] murdered by the [HoC]

15. slick V2.0 – [Barbarian] consumed by the flames

Night ends in 24 hours 12AM PST. Or when I get final actions.

Edited by scsw

So, if we have a blocking action, can that go to Riranor, please? :) That should make this a lot easier. Apologies to Slick, but with only the Copier left, I'm pretty glad that the Barbarian isn't around, to lend an extra kill.

So, if we have a blocking action, can that go to Riranor, please? :) That should make this a lot easier. Apologies to Slick, but with only the Copier left, I'm pretty glad that the Barbarian isn't around, to lend an extra kill.

ST and SG, do you both have the ability to spy tonight?

Letting you know that I do and would gladly take a save tonight, but if everyone can spy, I think that would be a better option.

ST, you are the only one I am unsure about, so if you can, save either SG or I, dont worry about yourself (no offense)

Edited by IDoNotExist

Save IDNE, please. I have the threat of being able to use a save tonight, to hide behind ;) The only questions we really have are "Riranor or Derrai?" and I'm pretty sure we have the answer already.

Save IDNE, please. I have the threat of being able to use a save tonight, to hide behind ;) The only questions we really have are "Riranor or Derrai?" and I'm pretty sure we have the answer already.

I am pretty sure, too. It just never hurts to be positive. :thumbsup:

Night 7 – Of Lovely and Deadly Encounters

The handsome young man decided to hit the bar that night. He was well educated, polite and was poised to rise in power; he was perfect. Just outside the bar, he bumped into a black robed man.

ST’s heart skipped a beat as the handsome young man that just entered the bar approached her.

“Madame, is this seat taken?” he asked.

“No,” she said, obviously flustered.

“May I?”

“Please.”

The young man took the seat and shot ST a winsome smile. Blushing, she sipped her drink and started engaging the charming man in conversation. Soon, they were flirting up a storm.

When the bar closed, the man suggested that they take a midnight stroll to the bell tower. A hesitant ST soon gave in to the charming man’s request.

The citizens found ST’s body on the bottom of the bell tower the next morning, with her skull broken and her brains splattered out in a mush. A second dead citizen was found in an alley behind the bar; the man's neck was broken and his clothes stolen.

“That’s it. We end it today!” said a determined SG.

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

3. IDNE

8. Derrai

10. Riranor

12. ST – [?] pushed over the edge by the [HoC]

13. SG

Day ends in 24 hours. 1PM PST.

I may need a replacement.

“That’s it. We end it today!” said a determined SG.

Huzzah! So be it.

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

3. IDNE

8. Derrai

10. Riranor

13. SG - voting for Riranor

Unless anyone has any compelling reasons to do otherwise.

Also, SCSW, you may need a replacement? I think the host dropping out of the game might be a bad idea ;)

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

3. IDNE - Voting for Riranor

8. Derrai

10. Riranor

Looks like this game is over :thumbsup:

SG, did you successfully spy last night? I have not received a response.

Also, SCSW, you may need a replacement? I think the host dropping out of the game might be a bad idea ;)

Hahaha. Good catch. But that may not be such a bad idea; my not having a computer at home makes it difficult and messes up the cycles, something which I want to prevent.

That point aside, the more pressing matter is that I might need a player to replace Derrai. He has not been here for two cycles.

It would be really horrible for us to lose because of an inactive player.

Nevermind, just realized that we cannot possibly lose unless Derrai comes on and votes for SG or I, right?

Can we just end the voting now?

I saw riranor kill ST last night :thumbsup:

Edited by IDoNotExist

:lol: Looks like you guys got the game in the bag :)

Thanks for an awesome death, scsw! Note to self: Don't go on midnight belltower walks with strangers :P

Sorry it isn't as epic as I hoped it would be. I'm trying to keep it short and sweet, uh bittersweet, at least until the final post.

I respectfully disagree, ST. What's life without a little adventure?

Lol. Well ST, that guy was very charming. ;)

Anyways, as it stands, the game is still no one's, depending on Derrai's and Riranor's votes. That's why I can't end it earlier, as much as I want to (weekend's coming, I don't know how much access I will have).

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

3. IDNE - Voting for Riranor

8. Derrai

10. Riranor - voting for Derrai

I'm keeping my vote for Derrai, i am telling you all i am not a baddie, the game will go on and the goodies will lose

if they want too believe that the game is in the bag then let them, there isn't much point in continuing the lynch SCSW. You'll all regret it later

edit: typos

Edited by Riranor