BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Unlike my usual, no word puzzles at all! Just a straightforward WAI. Probably very easy... guess we'll see

Like a forest, I'm made from many

Like a fractal, when split I stay me

Like a soldier, I'm often tense

Like a school rule, I often bend

Like Lovecraft or Hitchcock, I can cause a chill

If you consider the the symbol I fill

The partner to Hitchcraft was not intentional. These two just happened to be the two that are most likely to give a chill, and the right type of chill, I think. I also considered Poe (only one syllable), Burton (too happy for being dark... even Demon Barber was kinda fun), Stephen King (King would refer to MLK).

Speaking of which...

MLK would have been quite appropriate to mention in this riddle.

Edited by DarthNoob

Fits everything except the last two lines. If you can explain how hair is a symbol for something as dark as the likes of Lovecraft, then I guess it'd be an alternate answer, but otherwise... keep at it

Trying to think of a good enough guess to post, and noticed you have "the" in the last line twice. Is that on purpose, or accident? Sorry, just want to understand what I am trying to solve :)

Unlike my usual, no word puzzles at all! Just a straightforward WAI. Probably very easy... guess we'll see

The partner to Hitchcraft was not intentional. These two just happened to be the two that are most likely to give a chill, and the right type of chill, I think. I also considered Poe (only one syllable), Burton (too happy for being dark... even Demon Barber was kinda fun), Stephen King (King would refer to MLK).

Speaking of which...

Chalk or Chalkboard?

Scary--black straggly hair at halloween for witches and monsters......symbol- the way it is worn= symbolizes pride, religion, etc...

the Last two lines and my Hair theory---

Trying to think of a good enough guess to post, and noticed you have "the" in the last line twice. Is that on purpose, or accident? Sorry, just want to understand what I am trying to solve :)

Completely accidental!

Chalk or Chalkboard?

Not very bendy...

Scary--black straggly hair at halloween for witches and monsters......symbol- the way it is worn= symbolizes pride, religion, etc...

the Last two lines and my Hair theory---

If I see a patch of black hair laying somewhere, I'm just as likely to think of cute black cats as I am witches. ^^

Speaking of which...

time

Interesting guess, especially considering how time can and does bend (bend meaning here "go at different rates").

However, the answer is not time, and the thing that the answer symbolizes is not time either.

a political or social force fighting for reform?

Lines:

1. Made up of many people

2. Groups can split and still be separate forces fighting for the same thing, but in a slightly different manner.

3. These groups are naturally tense as they are fighting against some kind of perceived injustice.

4. They can often be flexible in their overall demands.

5&6. They can cause an unsettling chill in the parts of society that want to keep the status quo.

a political or social force fighting for reform?

Lines:

1. Made up of many people

2. Groups can split and still be separate forces fighting for the same thing, but in a slightly different manner.

3. These groups are naturally tense as they are fighting against some kind of perceived injustice.

4. They can often be flexible in their overall demands.

5&6. They can cause an unsettling chill in the parts of society that want to keep the status quo.

Fits perfectly, so I gotta give it to you. However, I think my answer is still the better one, which is lucky for me. Just slightly better though.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang that's a good answer. Only problem is...

If you cut a spine in two, then it's not still a spine... or at least, it can't fulfill the same function.

If you cut the answer in two, you'd have two of the answer, and if you wanted to you could just reconnect the two parts, and the new answer would only be slightly, slightly shorter than originally.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang that's a good answer. Only problem is...

If you cut a spine in two, then it's not still a spine... or at least, it can't fulfill the same function.

If you cut the answer in two, you'd have two of the answer, and if you wanted to you could just reconnect the two parts, and the new answer would only be slightly, slightly shorter than originally.

Ok, I will keep thinking. Only it didn't say cut, it says split - so I was thinking when you open a book...Just showing you where I went with that

:)