BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Smelling earshot crowd?

Operate nasil!

Devestate lawfully abated samurai,

Then lethal edge tigers tear!

Enigma ransom kicks.

If you want a place to start, then starting might be a good idea.

I hope it's as fun to solve as it was to make!

9 answers to this question

I looked at the first letter of each word and this gives "Second Last Letter (K)" So, taking the second to last letter of each word (except 'kicks') gives:

NOW

TI

TLEA

EAGRA

MO (kicks)

I thought that 'kicks' may be further instruction to rearrange the letters but I haven't found anything yet. NOW could also be OWN or WON, TI could be IT, TLEA could give LATE or TALE or TEAL, but I can't words for the last two lines. I did try dropping all of them into an anagram machine but didn't see anything promising in the results. So I just wanted to check if I was reading the 'second last letter' clue properly or if I'm off base.

Oh crap, I made a mistake!

Replace "then" with "triumphant."

My baaaaaad.

But yeah, you're on the right track, one more step and then it's a simple guessing game to the answer.

huge snoot?

Hahahaha, wow, that's not one of the ones I saw. When I made the riddle I figured I'd accept any good anagram, but there was one I had in mind, representative of me making you go through a bunch of different steps to arrive at no answer. But I now realize I had the wrong idiom... English is my first language (and my "second" sucks), but I was really sleepy last night, when I made the riddle.

Alternative: Whose Caged Soil

Hahahaha, wow, that's not one of the ones I saw. When I made the riddle I figured I'd accept any good anagram, but there was one I had in mind, representative of me making you go through a bunch of different steps to arrive at no answer. But I now realize I had the wrong idiom... English is my first language (and my "second" sucks), but I was really sleepy last night, when I made the riddle.

Alternative: Whose Caged Soil

So "Goose hunt" is what you were going far? Really cool riddle, I enjoyed playing. I think PG and HM would have liked it as well but I haven't seen them on today.

Yep! I remember the first riddle I saw by HM, Seven, was the similar find-the-right-letters kinda thing.

Btw oneacross and anagramatic are really helpful sites. I did about half the riddle getting words that would fit off the top of my head, and the other half by using oneacross

Glad you liked