BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

My friend told me this one last year. It took three high school students about thirty minutes to figure out, so I don't think it will be too much trouble for you guys! Anyway, this is my first posted riddle, so I hope you enjoy it. (I haven't seen this one here, but if it is, just tell me and I'll remove it.)

It's mid-April. While its owner is away at work, a cat takes its obligatory nap in front of an open window, atop a heater. When its owner comes home an hour later, the cat is dead. How did it die?

Before anyone asks: It did not die of starvation nor dehydration. Good luck. :)

I think it is in theory. When you dry your clothes, they shrink, right? Maybe it works the same way? It probably depends on what type of collar, what it was made from, how tightly it was on in the first place, if it had gotten wet before, etc.

My friend found the riddle in a book or something somewhere (he forgot where), or else I'd show you that I'm not the one who thought that up. xD

Edited by banninda

I guess it's based on a LOT of variables then. If all of them are right (or not right I guess) then the collar shrinks. :(

Edit: poor kitty cat.

Edited by music_luvr95

I think it is in theory. When you dry your clothes, they shrink, right? Maybe it works the same way? It probably depends on what type of collar, what it was made from, how tightly it was on in the first place, if it had gotten wet before, etc.

My friend found the riddle in a book or something somewhere (he forgot where), or else I'd show you that I'm not the one who thought that up. xD

good morning everyone...

and untreated leather does shrink after it gets wet, so don't buy your cats fancy leather collars if they are going to lay around in the rain sad.gif