BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I searched and didn't find this, so:

Asuming I don't have some sort of mutation that gives me eyes in the back of my head, how could I be watching the sunrise while facing West?

A similar one:

How could I be facing both North and South at the same time?

this is my first logic puzzle, so I hope it's good :D

You are facing (the direction) East, but (TV's Batman) Adam West is standing in front of you.

Edit: D'oh someone had this idea while I was typing!

Edited by Enfermot

Is "West" a person?

Yes it is. do you know which one?(if you don't, that's okay)

P.S. I'm not at the north pole. If you were at the north pole, you'd always face south no matter what. You could never face north.

Edited by txmom2

Edit: D'oh someone had this idea while I was typing!

You are facing (the direction) East, but (TV's Batman) Adam West is standing in front of you.

That is exactly the one I was reffering to! Good job.

It could be another one with a person named North or South, but if it is literal 'north' and 'south': You could be just a little south of the north pole, facing north, which would quickly become south on the other side of the pole (or vice versa).

It could be another one with a person named North or South, but if it is literal 'north' and 'south': You could be just a little south of the north pole, facing north, which would quickly become south on the other side of the pole (or vice versa).

forget the north pole! The second one actually has two equally clever answers, and one of them is a person, but the other no one has mentioned.

You could be standing on the equator facing either east or west and without moving you could see both north and south while still looking straight ahead.

Sorry, I didn't follow that.

what?????!!!!! :D

Sorry... if u stand on planet Uranus, Sun rises in the West and sets in the East. Plus, u can see both North and South poles of the earth together B))

Earth's magnetic poles flip every few thousand/million years as can be seen by sampling igneous rocks from mid-ocean ridges. At the right point in the Earth's history, you can face magnetic west while watching a sunrise from the geographic east. Because a compass needle points to its opposite polarity, the present geographic north pole is actually magnetic south (not exactly the same point but a good generality since we live far enough away from the true poles) so we are watching sunrises (and consequently sunsets) in both the east and west simultaneously. The same applies for the north/south question as well since looking to geographic north is looking to magnetic south and vice versa. Its just a matter of frame of reference.

Earth's magnetic poles flip every few thousand/million years as can be seen by sampling igneous rocks from mid-ocean ridges. At the right point in the Earth's history, you can face magnetic west while watching a sunrise from the geographic east. Because a compass needle points to its opposite polarity, the present geographic north pole is actually magnetic south (not exactly the same point but a good generality since we live far enough away from the true poles) so we are watching sunrises (and consequently sunsets) in both the east and west simultaneously. The same applies for the north/south question as well since looking to geographic north is looking to magnetic south and vice versa. Its just a matter of frame of reference.

I didn't know that

Sorry... if u stand on planet Uranus, Sun rises in the West and sets in the East. Plus, u can see both North and South poles of the earth together B))

I repeat-what???!!!