BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Silent Hill is a horror Survival video game series about a ghost town, literally. The town has been cursed for many reasons, the main one being The Orders actions during the past. The Order is a cult that worships a goddess that seems to actually exist, attacking the main characters in a new manifestation once every game. The scenario for this is that Silent Hill’s Goddess finds that people with a connection to the town should be killed, those who were already killed revived for her own amusement, but now everyone is trapped in the town with no choice but to fight for their lives. If the Order is killed then all the connections to the Goddess will be destroyed and they will be set free, those who died before resurrected to live their life again the way they wanted. The Goddess though won’t let this happen and thus she brought back three of her followers to make sure those who escaped Silent Hill once won’t do so again.

The game takes place not at night or day, but in world states known as the Otherworld and Fog World. The otherworld is this games night, and the Fog World this games day. The reason I am using this is to just make the silent hill feel more realistic. Both the Otherworld and the Fog World will last 24 hours, unless all actions are set in early and the Fog World may end early If it’s too high of a majority, but I will give a warning before I do this; now to actually explain these worlds. The Otherworld Is actually the Goddess’s hell, where she does the most punishment through monsters that are taken from the heroes inner and deeper thoughts. She gives certain order members the power to control these monsters. The world around them will fade and peel the bits flying into air and fading. Area’s originally locked now open and the chances into running into something more dangerous higher. The Fog World on the other hand is icy and just slightly calmer. It’s constantly has a blanket of fog that no light can pierce through. Things don’t seem as bad in this world and it’s much safer to go scavenging for supplies. The heroes take this chance to lynch off somebody while they can. For your convience though you can still call it Night/Day

GOODIES the heroes

Alex Shepherd: can kill one person every time while in the Otherworld with his shot gun

Harry Mason: can discover someone’s role by searching for clues while in the Otherworld

James Sunderland: feeling guilty for the killing of his wife if attacked he will let himself die but also take his murderer with him

Heather/Cheryl Mason: since she has two identities her vote counts as two

Henry Townshed: locked in his hotel room he will travel through holes that appear for mysterious reasons and stop the action of a character while in the Otherworld

Rose DaSilva: as a mother she is protective thus she will protect someone *save them* every time in the Otherworld

Travis Grady: as a trucker he has a big rig that he can hide a goodie in protecting *save them* them while in the Otherworld

Maria: after being killed many times but still being alive she can’t die while in the Otherworld *can only be lynched*

Baddies the Order

Dahlia Gillespie: as a powerful Order member she holds the meetings, if dies BTSC is gone

Margret Hollaway: As the judge of Shepherds Glen she makes the final say, during the lynch she can change one vote

Walter Sullivan: a psychopathic murderer who thinks the hotel room Harry is in is his biological mother, he has the powers to control ghost after a goodie dies, his first choice becomes his role for the rest of the game

1.ST

2.Clozo

3.Gmaster479

i decided to stop sign ups and put this up now, if anyone recommends some changes go ahead and say please, the actual sign up will start the 19th now. Kat will be co-hosting with me

Edited by Riranor

25 answers to this question

1.ST

2.Clozo

3.Gmaster479

Backups:

1. Abhisk (until July 3)(maybe)

I noticed you missed one number since there are 11 people, not ten. I would sign up, but I'm going to go to India on July 3. I can be a backup before that, but if it's okay with you, than can I go until the 2nd, and then someone backup me? If not, I'll be a backup till July 3.

o.O

Are these the actuall characters in the game?

Becuase I am 'related' to a baddie.. How strange... And my last name is quite unusual... xD

How Ironic would i be if i got that role! :P

[/uselessrandomfact]

Yay! Finally a mafia to look forward to :D It feels like a good decade since I've played in a mafia :blink:

Just a few comments/questions (and I'm a bit rusty, so I apologize beforehand if I missed something):

1) It seems like the baddies have it pretty hard; Dahlia is a weakness compared to baddies in other games and they're up against 7 with a goodie killer. It may be just me and my early-morningness clouding my mind though :wacko:

2) For Heather/Cheryl, this is just a suggestion, but maybe they can choose between having vote power 0,1 or 2? That way, it won't be so easy to figure out their ID. Not sure though...

3) Concerning James, how would his and his murderer's deaths be declared? For example, say Alex kills James. If both Alex and James die, then everyone would know who Alex and James were. Also, if the baddies attacked James, would a random baddie die along with him?

4) For Travis, does he pick a goodie role to save?

5) Are people allowed to not have a night action if they choose to? (ie. Alex doesn't want to kill someone N1)

6) What happens in the case of a tie? (this would affect Heather/Cheryl and Margret; if they change the lynch, ho w will it be mentioned in the daypost?)

Overall, it looks pretty good! :thumbgsup: Nice backround story too!

Yay! Finally a mafia to look forward to :D It feels like a good decade since I've played in a mafia :blink:

Just a few comments/questions (and I'm a bit rusty, so I apologize beforehand if I missed something):

1) It seems like the baddies have it pretty hard; Dahlia is a weakness compared to baddies in other games and they're up against 7 with a goodie killer. It may be just me and my early-morningness clouding my mind though :wacko:

2) For Heather/Cheryl, this is just a suggestion, but maybe they can choose between having vote power 0,1 or 2? That way, it won't be so easy to figure out their ID. Not sure though...

3) Concerning James, how would his and his murderer's deaths be declared? For example, say Alex kills James. If both Alex and James die, then everyone would know who Alex and James were. Also, if the baddies attacked James, would a random baddie die along with him?

4) For Travis, does he pick a goodie role to save?

5) Are people allowed to not have a night action if they choose to? (ie. Alex doesn't want to kill someone N1)

6) What happens in the case of a tie? (this would affect Heather/Cheryl and Margret; if they change the lynch, ho w will it be mentioned in the daypost?)

Overall, it looks pretty good! :thumbgsup: Nice backround story too!

this is why i decided to post it now to get some insight

1. i actually had them over powered... i might make it so that if you look up Dahlia then she appears as a random goodie.

2. i like that idea, i'll make the change in the final copy

3. the baddies declare who is performing the attack for the night so it's a specific baddie going out. If James is attacked then i plan on sating "There was battle, but both the contestants lost, the Otherworld claimed not one, but two victims tonight" and mark off to people on the list

4. i am still considering that since there are two saves, but maybe i am planning on making it random and if that persons saves the exact person that Rose saves then they get BTSC.... but im still unsure about it...

5. you can't go two nights in a row without an action but you can go multiple nights with an action

6. In that case it won't be a tie... i won't mention whose vote is changed till the end of the day. Meaning Margret will win and that they were smart to keep her alive till the end. so basically if i was Heather and Kat Margret then i would vote kat she vote rir, but then chose my vote rir and i would lose.

and clozo to you're question yes they are characters from the actual game you can find them on a Silent Hill Wikia but for Margret Holloway you may need to look up Judge Holloway instead, it was a mistake in the game when they thought that was her name but instead she literally was the Judge. If you want picture for the characters go there or if you're curious on the monsters i will use... be warned

edit: changed an answer to a question

Edited by Riranor

Are we aloud to sign up?

no i decided to clsoe the sign ups for now, but if you'll be happy to wait for the 19th of July you can sign up then

edit: typos

Edited by Riranor

3. the baddies declare who is performing the attack for the night so it's a specific baddie going out. If James is attacked then i plan on sating "There was battle, but both the contestants lost, the Otherworld claimed not one, but two victims tonight" and mark off to people on the list

4. i am still considering that since there are two saves, but maybe i am planning on making it random and if that persons saves the exact person that Rose saves then they get BTSC.... but im still unsure about it...

3. So, in that case, everyone would know the two people who died are a baddie/Alex and James.

4. I really like the idea of BTSC, although I'm not sure if the random-save is a good role. I think getting him to save a goodie role is a great idea, but you can make it have some sort of limitations since it is pretty powerful (such as every other night, or if he can match the role and player correctly, that player is saved from that night and possibly next lynch or something).

3. So, in that case, everyone would know the two people who died are a baddie/Alex and James.

4. I really like the idea of BTSC, although I'm not sure if the random-save is a good role. I think getting him to save a goodie role is a great idea, but you can make it have some sort of limitations since it is pretty powerful (such as every other night, or if he can match the role and player correctly, that player is saved from that night and possibly next lynch or something).

3. yes but they won't know which except for the baddies

4. ok i will let them choose... only every other night is good... so i think that answers those questions

Yes, the baddies have a group kill, and don't worry ;D Pyramid Head is definately in there...

<(^-^)>

what's Pyramid Head? sorry I don't really know Silent Hill that well :blush:

Baddies generally have a group kill...

Do they have a group kill?

baddies designate someone to do the kill that specific night, that way if that specific person targets the bomb then they are the one that dies