BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

If anyone else is like me, there is a certain joy to being the first to solve a riddle but when I open the board in the morning there is oftentimes 3,4 even 5 pages of new posts/active topics.

Without knowing how hard it would be, I wonder if it's possible to let the topic starters edit the topic title or description to state whether or not the riddle has been solved. Not that we should not be looking at the solved ones, often times they're more poetry than difficult, but if anyone is like me, I pretty much open up the thread, read the riddle, then scroll down to see if it's been solved or not. There are also riddles with 5 or more pages of guesses, but I will assume it's been solved with that much activity.

Just an idea.

PC OUT!

4 answers to this question

as already answered here

That's a good idea. It's been already discussed. Actually, something like that should already work - there is a similar setting. However, in practice it does not work. I am waiting for new/stable release of this board before doing any modifications (btw, "Invision Power Board 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1" is already out).

How about this alternative idea: Not sure if the software is flexible enough for this:

lockable spoilers

OP adds a spoiler with the solution (or for other purposes in other games). This spoiler cannot be editied after the 10 minutes editing period, but cannot be viewed until the user who posted it unlocks it (e.g. after the riddle is solved).

How about this alternative idea: Not sure if the software is flexible enough for this:

lockable spoilers

OP adds a spoiler with the solution (or for other purposes in other games). This spoiler cannot be editied after the 10 minutes editing period, but cannot be viewed until the user who posted it unlocks it (e.g. after the riddle is solved).

That might help a little, but I think what palmerc7(and myself) would like is some kind of indication of a solved riddle/puzzle that could show up in the overall list of topics/titles. With a lockable spoiler, one would still have to click on each title to see if it has been solved, whether you check if the spoiler opens, or you're scrolling thru the pages to see if it has been solved yet.

Edited by James8421