BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This is my first riddle I'm posting and let's hope I can do it right.

Also know that this is a Spanish riddle so I will try to translate the best I can for you

Here it goes:

Two electric trains, fully operational, leaves the station at the same time. Train A goes to the East with a velocity of 160 MPH and the train B goes to the West with a velocity of 140 MPH. If the wind velocity at the station is 25 MPH blowing to the South West, in which direction does the smoke from the trains go?

Actually there are no smoke coming out of the trains as they are electric and working fine

Edited by trozen2040

2 answers to this question

This is my first riddle I'm posting and let's hope I can do it right.

Also know that this is a Spanish riddle so I will try to translate the best I can for you

Here it goes:

Two electric trains, fully operational, leaves the station at the same time. Train A goes to the East with a velocity of 160 MPH and the train B goes to the West with a velocity of 140 MPH. If the wind velocity at the station is 25 MPH blowing to the South West, in which direction does the smoke from the trains go?

Actually there are no smoke coming out of the trains as they are electric and working fine

electric trains don't smoke,

If the people inside are puffing heavily on cigarettes and cigars and pipes, leaning out the window, the smoke would blow southwest for the eastbound train and southwest for the westbound train.

That was a cute riddle, thanks!

Edited by chicory