BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A couple of days ago at school, I went to my Chemistry lesson and the teacher logged on to his computer in the room. All the computers in your school are linked and controlled and, because of this, the desktop picture is chosen, and sometimes, made by the school. Anyway back to the point.

On the desktop were 3 riddles that was put up by our head. The first two are very commonly seen, but the third one had, not just me, but the whole school, baffled. I immediately thought to come on here and post the riddle to get a solution from some intelligent person on here. I am intelligent, but I still don't have a solution to this riddle. Anyway, it goes like this:

I wash my face without water

and dry it without a towel.

What am I?

Who can get it first? I feel like it might be quite easy and simple, but I am missing something.

14 answers to this question

like a cat

It could be. Like I stated, I honestly don't know. So, does anyone have a definite answer. I am going to try and ask him via e-mail, but, being the head of our school, I doubt he will have time to reply (or even be bothered). Sounds viable though. And, no, I don't think anyone really needs to use spoilers! :D

Nobody in your whole school guessed a cat? :huh:

If its not a cat or something like that then I would'nt know.

Just curious, but whats the age group we're talking here, that might help. (may not be as simple as a cat/animal)

Nobody in your whole school guessed a cat? :huh:

If its not a cat or something like that then I would'nt know.

Just curious, but whats the age group we're talking here, that might help. (may not be as simple as a cat/animal)

It's for our whole high school and sixth form, so ranging from 11-18. It could be, but no one knew for sure. Obviously people were guessing that it could be an animal, but we couldn't say for certain because of the previous riddle.

Basically the first riddle was:

What has 4 legs in the morning, two in the afternoon and three in the evening? Which the answer is a human.

The second riddle was that famous, common river one (I forget how it goes)

Because of the river riddle, people thought it could be a riddle like that, and so, it could be something else.

It's for our whole high school and sixth form, so ranging from 11-18. It could be, but no one knew for sure. Obviously people were guessing that it could be an animal, but we couldn't say for certain because of the previous riddle.

Basically the first riddle was:

What has 4 legs in the morning, two in the afternoon and three in the evening? Which the answer is a human.

The second riddle was that famous, common river one (I forget how it goes)

Because of the river riddle, people thought it could be a riddle like that, and so, it could be something else.

Also, I am not sure if anyone in the whole school got it as it was just something on the desktop of all the school computers. Someone may have got it, who knows?! But we were just discussing it in your chemistry class (rather that doing the set work :D LOL! Not good when I got my AS exams coming up!)

Edited by NintendoMad

Does anyone know for certain?

When I find out, I will edit my first post with spoilers to help you along...but until then...anybody?]

EDIT: Just e-mailed the head, fingers crossed he will tell me the answer!! :D

Edited by NintendoMad

A couple of days ago at school, I went to my Chemistry lesson and the teacher logged on to his computer in the room. All the computers in your school are linked and controlled and, because of this, the desktop picture is chosen, and sometimes, made by the school. Anyway back to the point.

On the desktop were 3 riddles that was put up by our head. The first two are very commonly seen, but the third one had, not just me, but the whole school, baffled. I immediately thought to come on here and post the riddle to get a solution from some intelligent person on here. I am intelligent, but I still don't have a solution to this riddle. Anyway, it goes like this:

I wash my face without water

and dry it without a towel.

What am I?

Who can get it first? I feel like it might be quite easy and simple, but I am missing something.

face of the earth? oops no rain is water....

maybe you wash a mirror with windex, in a way your washing your face without water, then dry it with anything besides a towel. :unsure::blink::wacko:

very nice i like your thinking

Guess what? My whole class was over thinking it! It was just simply a cat! Everyone was expecting it to be an animal, but we thought that would be too easy and it might be something that requires more thought! SORRY FOR WASTING ANYONE'S TIME!! NEXT TIME WHEN THE HEAD GIVES A RIDDLE I WILL EXPECT AN EASY ANSWER! :rolleyes:

Edited by NintendoMad

dont always expect an easy answer people stopped doing my riddle, because they couldn't find an answer (i feel i always make this on brainden one) and i usually make easy riddles