The face of Stone

Wearing away

The exposed bone

Sediment and soil

Are no match for me

I'll wear them away

over time, you'll see

erosion?

Aha! Your turn to shoot me down with a single bullet! Great job, Lotus! You must have your dancing shoes on!!! :D
Erosion

Thank you. It seemed easy enough. But I was so scared I was thinking too simply. Which is the only reason (I swear) that people always dance around my riddles. Thanks. I rarely get riddles before others. : )

Edited by lotus

I would have said water.. erosion occurs when water/wind/ice moves the objects, because it is the breakdown, wearing away, or removal of whatever it may be in the great outdoors... not to take away from your answer, though, lotus!

;)
Edited by spookify

I would have said water.. erosion occurs when water/wind/ice moves the objects, because it is the breakdown, wearing away, or removal of whatever it may be in the great outdoors... not to take away from your answer, though, lotus!
;)

Of course not! Nothing was taken from my answer, because mine was RIGHT!! HAHAHAHA! You're right, I think. I could be wrong, but I don't believe water is the sole cause of erosion. Quite possibly I'm wrong, though. And bones? What's wearing at the bones? The basic answer still fits best as erosion. It's all-encompassing. : )

Of course not! Nothing was taken from my answer, because mine was RIGHT!! HAHAHAHA! You're right, I think. I could be wrong, but I don't believe water is the sole cause of erosion. Quite possibly I'm wrong, though. And bones? What's wearing at the bones? The basic answer still fits best as erosion. It's all-encompassing. : )

that's why I said water/wind/ice. it's the removal of sediments, silt, clay, anything along those lines BY the removal with the aid of water/wind/ice

:P

that's why I said water/wind/ice. it's the removal of sediments, silt, clay, anything along those lines BY the removal with the aid of water/wind/ice
:P

Which in one single word, could be described as erosion, correct?

exactly.

the answer may be erosion.. but in context to the riddle, water fits exactly the same.. water's what causes the erosion to show fossils, move dirt etc. not trying to argue, just stating what my answer was.

Edited by spookify

the answer may be erosion.. but in context to the riddle, water fits exactly the same.. water's what causes the erosion to show fossils, move dirt etc. not trying to argue, just stating what my answer was.

I understand. But where do ice and wind fit? How does water fit all by itself?

I understand. But where do ice and wind fit? How does water fit all by itself?

oh no, sorry if I made it seem like that. I just didn't want someone to argue against my point and say it isn't ONLY water... sorry for the confusion!

oh no, sorry if I made it seem like that. I just didn't want someone to argue against my point and say it isn't ONLY water... sorry for the confusion!

there's no worries. I love your point of view. I want to explore it to its end, if you're willing!!

I agree that your answer could fit, it just wasn't the word I was looking for. Good job anyways, though.