BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

my mouse keeps automaticaly pressing the right click button on itself.

does anybody know what is happening?

my dads at work, and my mom wouldn't know what 2 do.

tried googling, but didn't come up with anything...

:help:

10 answers to this question

well, it seems to have fixed itself, and its a wireless mouse, we were going 2 get a new 1 soon anyway. it has a big thing that is the wireless connector, so it kind of defeats the purpose of having a wireless 1. but its fixed now.

well, it seems to have fixed itself, and its a wireless mouse, we were going 2 get a new 1 soon anyway. it has a big thing that is the wireless connector, so it kind of defeats the purpose of having a wireless 1. but its fixed now.

What was wrong with it? In the past, I've had the same problem, due to the settings for left and right click being swapped over somehow, just a matter of switching it back in the control panel.

edit: typo

Edited by lemonymelon

my mouse keeps automaticaly pressing the right click button on itself.

does anybody know what is happening?

my dads at work, and my mom wouldn't know what 2 do.

tried googling, but didn't come up with anything...

:help:

sounds like a virus... try a reboot the run virus scan.

or try to take it apart... cleen... put back together.... corectly... lol

or.....change the batteries

sounds like a virus... try a reboot the run virus scan.

or try to take it apart... cleen... put back together.... corectly... lol

or.....change the batteries

I agree, been there done that got the T-shirt, if your computer starts acting on it's own it could be a sign of a virus or hacker :o

not saying it is it could just be glitch or something random. I would run anti-virus software or go get some and keep it updated. It's well worth not having to take your computer to a fix it shop and paying to get all you memories out of it. There should be some controls in my computer for the mouse.

So... the above answer sounds like fishing, but a number of the previous answers seem fairly sound. It's likely a loose connection in the mouse that is causing a signal to be periodically sent (or some other loose part causing the button to click without your help). Power fluctuations could also be caused just by the battery being low. The fact that it cleared itself up doesn't really help to figure out what it is, but makes me think it was one of these two. If it happens again I would first try recharging/swapping the battery. If that doesn't work, I would find some compressed air and shoot it under the button of the mouse, just to see if something like dirt was bouncing around in there and clicking the button. However, if you had a loose connection this could cause you to no longer HAVE a connection, effectively breaking your right mouse button. However, if you had a loose connection my advice would be just to replace the mouse anyways.

So... the above answer sounds like fishing, but a number of the previous answers seem fairly sound. It's likely a loose connection in the mouse that is causing a signal to be periodically sent (or some other loose part causing the button to click without your help). Power fluctuations could also be caused just by the battery being low. The fact that it cleared itself up doesn't really help to figure out what it is, but makes me think it was one of these two. If it happens again I would first try recharging/swapping the battery. If that doesn't work, I would find some compressed air and shoot it under the button of the mouse, just to see if something like dirt was bouncing around in there and clicking the button. However, if you had a loose connection this could cause you to no longer HAVE a connection, effectively breaking your right mouse button. However, if you had a loose connection my advice would be just to replace the mouse anyways.

yup! mice are cheep enough!

I have a wireless too! Batteries have nothing to do with the mouse performance, cause the mouse works flawlessly until the batteries run out (and even then if you don't have a spare pair of batteries you can recycle the old ones, of course the old ones will only work for two to three minutes or so, but it's enough time for you to finish whatever that you were doing at your computer).

However I had problems with my mouse and the pointer "running" to the corner of the screen! I had no idea what the hell was wrong with it until I removed the mouse pad, apparently the mouse pad was somehow disrupting the connection between the mouse and the keyboard, cause that's where the signal goes. My mouse pad was too shiny, but I have never tried using another one. I'm running it on my desk ever since and I haven't experienced any disruptions at all :)

I love my wireless mousy, I would never exchange it for the one with a tail :D