BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Okay, a few years ago I got bored and made a “code” the secretly write messages. I want to see if anyone could crack the code. It’s too long to be “practical” but I’d have to say it’s pretty difficult to figure out.

Therehesatpeacelake mdandsimwlamiecnieaklrtwiods ithlimnsfowudarairl airbyonceit saiyalidikenaiewoplgthorajealkdeaifdklw aihewlailaiqpotwkoal kinondesy myselveseikclnakcqicm aidytwcondose.

Have fun. :)

8 answers to this question

I've checked and it's probably impossible or VERY difficult to figure out the code without a hint. So... the code uses the fibonacci numbers (1,1,2,3,5,8,13,etc.) and each letter stands for itself. So an "a" in the code is an "a" in the answer. I hope this helps somewhat.

I didn't get a whole sentence from that. what I got was "three men es" After that the code would get explosively longer and longer. Which normally would make it impractical fo ruse, but if there is a encoding and decoding program it would be invaluable because without knowing the trick it could not be figured out. Length in a code is not a problem if you ue a computer most of which can probably handle millions of characters a minute. I'm going to work on a java program for that when I have time.

The first "word" is a number, which is not part of the sentence, it is to figure out how to find the next real word in the sentece. Each coded word has a number after it too, to tell how to decode the next one and so on....

The first "word" is a number, which is not part of the sentence, it is to figure out how to find the next real word in the sentece. Each coded word has a number after it too, to tell how to decode the next one and so on....
Taking the F-numberth letter, the first word is "Three."

I suppose continuing the processes [with wrap-around] would give the plain text.

Your right, the first word is three. Obviously, you start on the first number and add 1, add 2, add 3, add 5... On the next word, start on the 3rd letter, then add 1, add 2, add 3, add 5... until you get a word that makes sense, the letter after that, is the start of the next number etc...