BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So... Kathryn what did you tell your nephew Michael to do with those pills? Vicki why were you screaming AND kissing Enrique earlier... i would liek to know... and why were you teling Elizabeth that i was was harrasing you?! I never did! I never even got to ask to get back with her yet... did you know i wanted too and try to ruin me before i got to ask her? Explain yourself Vicki.. and you too Micheal?!

So... Kathryn what did you tell your nephew Michael to do with those pills? Vicki why were you screaming AND kissing Enrique earlier... i would liek to know... and why were you teling Elizabeth that i was was harrasing you?! I never did! I never even got to ask to get back with her yet... did you know i wanted too and try to ruin me before i got to ask her? Explain yourself Vicki.. and you too Micheal?!

I...uh...*sputters* How did you...? Well that's unimportant...Yes Kathryn is my aunt...she called me here, telling me I should buy the land off of Elizabeth...but I was suprised when she gave me sleeping pills to give to Elizabeth...I didn't do it though, they're actually still in my pocket. I could never kill anyone! *pulls out pills as proof*

<(^-^)>

I...uh...*sputters* How did you...? Well that's unimportant...Yes Kathryn is my aunt...she called me here, telling me I should buy the land off of Elizabeth...but I was suprised when she gave me sleeping pills to give to Elizabeth...I didn't do it though, they're actually still in my pocket. I could never kill anyone! *pulls out pills as proof*

<(^-^)>

Ki-Kill! So Kathryn wanted to kill Elizabeth! OR you wanted us to think that she wanted to kill Elizabeth but because you didnt do your part she didnt kill her. How do we know those pills aren't just a distraction?

edit: color

Edited by Riranor

Ki-Kill! So Kathryn wanted to kill Elizabeth! OR you wanted us to think that she wanted to kill Elizabeth but because you didnt do your part she didnt kill her. How do we know those pills aren't just a distraction?

edit: color

I don't know, this is what she told me:

"Crush these sleeping pills and keep them in your pocket. If Elizabeth Killingsworth refuses to sell the farm to you, you slip them in her drink the first chance you get!"

She also was saying how much she wanted this farm and how she needed to get out of this small town. She sounded deranged...but I obliged...but I didn't. give her the pills after all

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

ooc: if i only i was told this a little earlier i would of been saved a lot of hassle!

Oh! I just remembered something! At 6:30 PM, I went back to the Wine Vault to work on the short in the wiring. I was sure that I had turned off the electricity, but a little later I was shocked by a jolt of electricity that knocked me unconscious for a quarter of an hour. The jolt of electricity must have shorted out the lights in the Wine Vault.

Yeah...so...did you see anyone when you went back to the wine vault? Did you see Elizabeth?

*Cough*...wow...well, I guess Enrique had to put into the love octagon somewhere...well...with Vicki supposedly inheriting (barring the forged letter)...

Enrique: This trip you were planning on going on...were you planning on a companion? ;P

I don't know, this is what she told me:

"Crush these sleeping pills and keep them in your pocket. If Elizabeth Killingsworth refuses to sell the farm to you, you slip them in her drink the first chance you get!"

She also was saying how much she wanted this farm and how she needed to get out of this small town. She sounded deranged...but I obliged...but I didn't. give her the pills after all

<(^-^)>

Well...this situation definitely begs the question: Did you actually 'find' the alleged letter from Elizabeth or did your aunt give it to you to pretend to find?

Oh yeah....and Norman...you never answered the question of where you got the gold corkscrew you gave to Elizabeth...

Yeah...so...did you see anyone when you went back to the wine vault? Did you see Elizabeth?

*Cough*...wow...well, I guess Enrique had to put into the love octagon somewhere...well...with Vicki supposedly inheriting (barring the forged letter)...

Enrique: This trip you were planning on going on...were you planning on a companion? ;P

no i didnt see anyone else, they could of sneaked in while i was knocked out though.

No i wasnt planning on taking anyone else at this current stage, though who knows what will happen in the future?

Oh yeah....and Norman...you never answered the question of where you got the gold corkscrew you gave to Elizabeth...

when i was out shopping. I got it a the same time i got Vicki that blasted charm bracelet.

Edited by Riranor

ooc: What? Michael is my nephew? And pills are involved? What in the world? :huh:

<(^-^)>

ooc: Uuh...sorry peeps, can't respond to that. Dunno what she's talking about :P

ooc: if i only i was told this a little earlier i would of been saved a lot of hassle!

Oh! I just remembered something! At 6:30 PM, I went back to the Wine Vault to work on the short in the wiring. I was sure that I had turned off the electricity, but a little later I was shocked by a jolt of electricity that knocked me unconscious for a quarter of an hour. The jolt of electricity must have shorted out the lights in the Wine Vault.

Oh, didn't you follow someone into the Wine Vaults? Also, Michael, you might have answered this before, but when did you leave Elizabeth and what was she doing or going to do?

Edited by star_tiger

Well...this situation definitely begs the question: Did you actually 'find' the alleged letter from Elizabeth or did your aunt give it to you to pretend to find?

OOCness:

Er...it doesn't specify in the PM XD

ooc: What? Michael is my nephew? And pills are involved? What in the world? :huh: Uuh...sorry peeps, can't respond to that. Dunno what she's talking about :P

OOCness:

What? How? I knew it from the beginning! :wacko:

Oh, didn't you follow someone into the Wine Vaults? Also, Michael, you might have answered this before, but when did you leave Elizabeth and what was she doing or going to do?

At around 7:00, the lights went out in the wine vault, where we were wine tasting. She went to investigate, and never came back...

<(^-^)>

This probably would have been more helpful if I'd posted it earlier....sorry.

While we were in the wine vaults, I glanced at the clock. It seems the power went out at 6:45. Coincidentally, this was the same time I saw Vicki D'Adly making her way toward the vaults. She was wearing a different outfit that she had been that afternoon. Ms. Lawless was sitting on the Late Killingsworth's farmhouse's back porch watching me, but I decided that I would follow Vicki to see what she was up to anyway. I trailed her through the maze of wine, and I never let her out of my sight.

Oh, and as for when I personally last saw Elizabeth? It was about 3:45. We had a breif conversation about my upcoming novel, after whichpoint I left her to visit my publisher. After that, it was about 5:30 in the afternoon when I saw Vicki and Enrique in the Rose Garden. I found it quite suspicious, and by the time I could get out of the pool to see what was going on, Vicki had left. I didn't see her again until 6:45, as I previously mentioned.

Hopefully I will get time to do the final round in about 12 hours.. This is coming along well..

Hopefully you guys are still having fun!

OOC: definetly.. i am thinking of a post... so many thought out twists

Oh yeah...a question to Vicki that woon couldn't answer at the time (hopefully now you have more info?)

What exactly made your relationship so bad that she wasn't talking to you? Was it because of Norman? Or Robert? Or something else?

I knew I can't keep this for long, but I really don't mean it. Yes, Norman was her high school sweetheart! She was mad with me because I was the one who married to Norman but not her.

You saw it? Norman believe me I was too emotional during that time. Yes, I met Enrique at the Rose Garden at 5.30pm, which I didn't expect to see him there actually. We began talking and flirting. :o . Soon the situation was passionate and we start kissing. But it just kissing, Norman, I left by 6pm. But when I see you, I remember the relationship among you, my sis and me. I was totally upset and decide to meet Enrique, while you fell asleep. It was 6:45pm, I didn't see him outside this time, so I decided to try my luck at Wine Vaults. As I was making my way down the labyrinth of halls, I suddenly ran into Enrique. At the same time I saw him, however, I heard a loud popping sound. The lights flickered and went out. I was scared and screamed. I do not remember what happened after this.

ooc: What? Michael is my nephew? And pills are involved? What in the world? :huh:

ooc: Uuh...sorry peeps, can't respond to that. Dunno what she's talking about :P

Lol...guess the elderly do have a way of losing their memory...:P

I knew I can't keep this for long, but I really don't mean it. Yes, Norman was her high school sweetheart! She was mad with me because I was the one who married to Norman but not her.

And now you're with Enrique? Did he discover the info about the gold when he was working on his project...then you two hatched a plan to kill Elizabeth so you would inherit? Or perhaps the reason he became interested in you was because he found out about the gold and knew that if Elizabeth died you would inherit...so he courted you and killed Elizabeth? He could definitely have been lying about being knocked unconscious...

You saw it? Norman believe me I was too emotional during that time. Yes, I met Enrique at the Rose Garden at 5.30pm, which I didn't expect to see him there actually. We began talking and flirting. :o . Soon the situation was passionate and we start kissing. But it just kissing, Norman, I left by 6pm. But when I see you, I remember the relationship among you, my sis and me. I was totally upset and decide to meet Enrique, while you fell asleep. It was 6:45pm, I didn't see him outside this time, so I decided to try my luck at Wine Vaults. As I was making my way down the labyrinth of halls, I suddenly ran into Enrique. At the same time I saw him, however, I heard a loud popping sound. The lights flickered and went out. I was scared and screamed. I do not remember what happened after this.

Whoa! Enrique claimed he was checking the lights...is that what he appeared to be doing? Was he holding anything at the time...a golden corkscrew perhaps?

Okay...Norman and Kathryn...where were you two from 6:30-7:00?

Edit: Wait...Enrique and Vicki were in the rose garden at 5:30? Isn't that where Elizabeth dropped the corkscrew after she was stung...hmmmmm...did either of you see it? Or pick it up to murder her with? XP

Edit2: Perphaps Enrique cut the lights on purpose...knowing that Elizabeth would check on them...in order to lure her to the wine vaults to kill her...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Whoa! Enrique claimed he was checking the lights...is that what he appeared to be doing? Was he holding anything at the time...a golden corkscrew perhaps?

Nope, I didn't see anything

Okay...Norman and Kathryn...where were you two from 6:30-7:00?

I was on the Killingsworth Farm's back porch since 4:00 PM, reading Dr. Chelsea Barren's last book. At around 6:45 PM, I noticed Dr. Barren come from her house next door and follow someone into the Wine Vaults, as she had already explained. Moments later, the lights in the windows of the Wine Vaults flickered and went out.

ooc: sorry guys i dont have much information this round.. this is the last bit!

bic: it seemed to me that Dr. Chelsea Barren was almost as devastated by Robert Killingsworth’s death as Elizabeth. I wonder just why Dr. Barren is so interested in the life and death Robert. Her interest seems too extreme to be strictly professional.

ooc: im also now incredibly embarrased to be this character...! :mellow:

Aha...found it!

...Yes, actually...you were there already weren't you? Well, anyway, when I came to visit the land around lunch, she came out of the house quickly, and obviously didn't realize she still had this "corkscrew" in her hand. (I actually never got a good look at what she was holding to be honest). She was showing me the the Rose Garden, when a bee stung her. She dropped the object and ran inside to wash out the sting, and I followed her, concerned. I completely forgot that she dropped the object, in fact I thought nothing of it. If I'm correct, it should still be there right now!

<(^-^)>

So...Vicki, Enrique...did either of you see a corkscrew in the Rose Garden? Anyone else been to the Rose Garden between 1 and 5:30 pm?

Aha...found it!

So...Vicki, Enrique...did either of you see a corkscrew in the Rose Garden? Anyone else been to the Rose Garden between 1 and 5:30 pm?

I not sure about Enrique, but I didn't see any corkscrew in there. I don't see anyone else beside him.