BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

:excl: I was given this riddle by my grandfather 25 years ago, there is an answer but he died before giving me it ,I have never managed to work this out so I wonder if anyone of you clever bods out there know the answer to alleviate my frustration as this has driven me madover the years.Tthe riddle goes:

Why is a mouse when it spins

Because the higher it gets the fewer?

Although it sounds like the second line is the answer it isn't this is the complete riddle??

6 answers to this question

:excl: I was given this riddle by my grandfather 25 years ago, there is an answer but he died before giving me it ,I have never managed to work this out so I wonder if anyone of you clever bods out there know the answer to alleviate my frustration as this has driven me madover the years.Tthe riddle goes:

Why is a mouse when it spins

Because the higher it gets the fewer?

Although it sounds like the second line is the answer it isn't this is the complete riddle??

it is the higher the fewer

"Because his father's name was Smith" has something to do with it as well.

At the end of second grade my school gave me an IQ test and determined I was "smart". In third grade, I had a special class with just me and 2 other older kids and this question came up. I was told it was meant to be a quick look into our minds, or maybe something to do with MENSA?

I spent a week dissecting it after the other kids blew it off as nonsense, as I now recall. I frustratedly argued that since the question was specifically asked in that specific class, then there must be more to it. I remember the teacher smiling and nodding as I attempted to convince the others. Aparently, realizing that the context in which the question was asked was important. Or at least that was the point he was trying to make with the exercise. :huh:

Somehow, this topic has managed to help me remember something from a time period that I had long ago thought permanently lost due to a rather nasty head injury the following summer. I'll have to call my OT, she'll be thrilled! Thanks. :)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" - random bumper sticker