BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

YOU need to get home, but you find a huge square rock just blasted a hole in the road where you need to go. Saying you dont want to go around, because all the thieves and rouges live there. The hole is five hundred meters wide, in length, and deep. The rock is uderneath the hole. All you have when you come back from school is INFINITE rope how do you get across the hole? Picture is below.( sorry for inaccuracy)

follow the drawing so there are no tree nere by.

Or that little bump with the l

---------------------l l--------------------

l l

l l

l l

l l

---------------------------------------

post-12829-1231341381.jpg

17 answers to this question

Well...

since the rope is infinite (you probably meant that in length) I just fill the hole with as much as rope I need to fill it and go to the other side

:)

EDIT: Dang! I thought I was the first poster! Nice thinking neida! :D

Oh and the loading of the page is a bit slow for me too so be patient when you're posting to avoid a double post :)

Edited by andromeda

Both of the previous posts worked (fill the HUGE hole with rope and walk across), but we're in the middle of a recession! We can't afford to waste so many square meters of rope. The current economic climate calls for restraint. So I propose lowering myself down the hole using the tree as an anchor and then filling half the hole to build a ramp up the other side.

I'm only trying to do my bit to help in this time of crisis. ;)

If he would call someone from his home and throw the rope at him.The person at home ould hold the rope and he would cross with the help of it.I am doubtful but isn't this possible?

Edited by Brilliant guy

you train with an all-knowing sensei in the martial power of the infinite whip for 300 years. after those many, many years of rigorous training, you earn the black rope and you are ready to face the bandit horde. you sneak past the first camp of bandits to the left of the tree, and pass 50 meters before the next camp hears you. They ambush you from behind bushes, yet you pull out your whip. It flings out in all directions and knocks them all back into the dark forest. eventually, you get back to your house.

Time elapsed: 300 years, and 2 days.

Both of the previous posts worked (fill the HUGE hole with rope and walk across), but we're in the middle of a recession! We can't afford to waste so many square meters of rope. The current economic climate calls for restraint. So I propose lowering myself down the hole using the tree as an anchor and then filling half the hole to build a ramp up the other side.

What is half of an infinite amount of rope?

What is half of an infinite amount of rope?

He meant half the hole...

Make a little stand and sell rope(since its infinite, you got supplies forever) then after your busines rises up sell it, with the money you buy a private yet and fly home XD

Use spoiler to avoid ruining puzzle for others...

As for the economic concern, once you cross you can pull the infinite rope back and save it for a rainy day so totally renewable resource.

Now as for your time.... that's another story ;)

Mmm, of course you only need to get up to one point on the other side, so you don't even need to fill in half the hole and, depending on your balance I'm sure you could get away with even less.

Having said that (and in response to saving the rope for a rainy day) I would still just fill the entire hole. The world has an infinite supply of rope so won't miss it. I, on the other hand, would really like to be able to come and go from my own home without having to worry about a big hole and, because there's a recession, can't afford any other materials to fill it properly. ;)

He meant half the hole...

Make a little stand and sell rope(since its infinite, you got supplies forever) then after your busines rises up sell it, with the money you buy a private yet and fly home XD

Who wold buy rope from a person standing near a big hole?

Coil the rope carefully beneath you, ever higher, creating a 500m column of rope, right? OK, then you make a lasso from some more rope. Then next, you start leaning toward the far side of the pit and make the column fall over! OK, here's the cool part! You lasso the chimney on the house and go crashing through the front window, do a sweet shoulder roll to end up behind the sofa, then pop up and start going all "kung-fu" on the ninjas that are waiting there (cuz, obviously ninjas set the whole thing up as a trap!) Then you go in the kitchen and make a snack. I like grilled cheese after ninjas.*

*I apologize for the melodrama, but how else are you going to describe such an incredibly unlikely way to use the rope? :P

YOU need to get home, but you find a huge square rock just blasted a hole in the road where you need to go. Saying you dont want to go around, because all the thieves and rouges live there. The hole is five hundred meters wide, in length, and deep. The rock is uderneath the hole. All you have when you come back from school is INFINITE rope how do you get across the hole? Picture is below.( sorry for inaccuracy)

follow the drawing so there are no tree nere by.

Or that little bump with the l

---------------------l l--------------------

l l

l l

l l

l l

---------------------------------------

You lasso the moon and swing across!

(Is it really that much more unlikely than spooling out 125 Million cubic meters of rope to fill a hole?)