BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Devi was very sick.

He had suddenly had a dose of very bad flu.

He was rushed the local hospital in Eterno Crivella.

The doctor said he was improving a lot but he would still be here for a few weeks.

On one day he was visited by a stange man wearing a pinstripe suit. "Are you Mr. Nette?" he asked Devi. Devi nodded weakly. "I have a very important message for you". He handed over a think envelope.

Then he left.

I opened it up curious to see what's inside.

There were five sheets of paper.

The first was a treasure map of what seemed to be underground.

The second was a ticket to go to a neighbouring land, Insoluto.

The third was a list of codes.

The fourth was a map of the whole region, with Eterno Crivella in the middle.

The fifth was a note:

Good day, Devi Nette,

I have come to you for help.

We, the Solucionistas de Enigma, have come across a problem.

We sent out four explorers out to the Temple of Raadsels a week ago to find a hidden civilisation.

Only one made it back. He has supplied you the list of codes and the underground map.

But unfortunetely he will not talk about his experiences.

He recently passed away from a rare tropical disease.

We ask thee to go to the Temple of Raadsels.

It is cleverly located underneath the

Mr. Nette, do not trust these people.

The head of the Solucionistas de Enigma is a man named Fíese de Mí.

He has retired from twenty years in prison.

This is likely to be one of his tricks.

We forwarded this message to you for you to decide if you would take the chance.

Luckily we have this evidence from the Solucionistas de Enigma that suggested there was a hidden civilisation.

Decode it to see if it is fake or real.

Good Luck.

We found this message in Insoluto:

1HWHPLIEAUEEDEAONEGAEPEVFTC

5UEOSOSGTTPASNELIOWEHPSTOSO

3LAGHCTNETEFEOITASTENSSUNHE

4PRREIAINOMRLUMADIEHTTESDET

2EEETUSESTTOSFTRDNARIAAEITR

6STUONDMOHLAWPPAMNERELAOUEF

Unfortunately some of it has been torn away.

Should Devi trust the Solucionistas de Enigma or agree with the unknown people who sent him the letter?

Edited by Braiser

5 answers to this question

Here's what the code says (by sorting the lines based on the first number and then reading the letters down)

HELP US WE ARE THE GROUP THE SOLUCIONISTAS DE ENIGMA SENT OUT TO THE TEMPLE OF RAADSELS WE FOUNP A TIME PORTAL AND A DIMENSION GATE WE ARE HERE IN THE PAST PLEASE SAVE US TO FIND OUT THE SECRET OF

Here's what the code says (by sorting the lines based on the first number and then reading the letters down)

HELP US WE ARE THE GROUP THE SOLUCIONISTAS DE ENIGMA SENT OUT TO THE TEMPLE OF RAADSELS WE FOUNP A TIME PORTAL AND A DIMENSION GATE WE ARE HERE IN THE PAST PLEASE SAVE US TO FIND OUT THE SECRET OF

I'm with tbrophy. I deciphered the same thing but have no idea what it means. I'm guessing there is another way to put this together that spells something else out. Or something else I have missed, because as it stands, this doesn't help me much to decide what to do.

I would say trust the unknown people. Everytime I get an email saying that someone needs my help finding a treasure or that I won a foreign lottery or that some desposed king needs my help transfering his millions of dollars, somebody always ends up stealing my identity.

Learn from others experiences Devi.

Edited by MindPoison

I would say trust the unknown people. Everytime I get an email saying that someone needs my help finding a treasure or that I won a foreign lottery or that some desposed king needs my help transfering his millions of dollars, somebody always ends up stealing my identity.

Learn from others experiences Devi.

So true. Espeically if it involves time gates and dimensional doors. You know that when you get there, there will be another note telling you to wire 5000$ to an account somewhere to pay toll to the dimensional door, but that you will find more money when you get to the past. Its the oldest scam in the book!

Don't do it Devi! :lol:

i think that the unknown people were the explorers who had the note and scribbled a warning on the note when they went back in time and then put the note with the letter to prevent this from ever happening. i'm also confused