BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A man is accused of a heavy crime. The king told him " There will be two papers, one of them contains the word 'freed' and the other one contains 'die'. You have 3 hours to sleep before you will be punished by this". But the criminal knew that the king is wise. One of the guards of the king spied on the king, and the guard saw the king wrote 'die' in both papers. So he told this to the criminal. Then after 3 hours, many people have gathered to watch this event. What should the criminal do to make the people believe that he chose 'freed'?

There are many answers, you can write them in your replies. But this one is the easiest thing the criminal must do. He should EAT one of the paper and tell the crowd "The paper I ate is the paper I have chosen." Then he will show the crowd the other paper (the paper he didn't eat) that it contains the word 'die'. So the people will believe that he chose the paper which contains 'freed'

4 answers to this question

Simple:

He picks one from the jar and 'accidentally' drops it on the ground where it gets lost among the other pebbles...

Wait, aren't there supposed to be colored pebbles instead of notes?

Yeah, I've heard this puzzle before, in several different forms. Although usually the accused is the one described as 'wise', not the king.